Garden Grill restaurant permanently immobile? No.

asianway

Original Poster
Some people have been hearing this rumor-anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Clamman73

When something major needs to be fixed at EPCOT, does the budget request just stay within the scope of EPCOT, or can management request some funds from an outside slush fund somewhere within WDW?

Seems like sometimes someone there can't get their hands on funds that are needed.

asianway

Original Poster
When something major needs to be fixed at EPCOT, does the budget request just stay within the scope of EPCOT, or can management request some funds from an outside slush fund somewhere within WDW?

Seems like sometimes someone there can't get their hands on funds that are needed.
This would most likely be an unbudgeted "emergency" Capex request. Depending on dollar amounts and whatever their process is, it would have to go up an approval chain.

CDavid

I am hoping (yeah, I know...) it is only speculation that if it isn't getting fixed immediately it never will be. Has someone made a conscious decision not to repair the rotation mechanism, or are they possibly waiting on parts or approval from senior management or maybe even for the next fiscal year (so it doesn't go on this years' budget)?

I know this is exactly the sort of thing Disney in 2014 would indeed neglect to repair, it is a completely believable story, and none of us have any confidence in TDO to consider anything other than the almighty dollar in decision making. But again, has a decision actually been made one way or the other?

WDWFigment

**** is reporting hearing this rumor-anyone else?

I know this probably sounds like one of those overly-dramatic "vacation ruined!!1!" type of comments, but if true, I won't eat there again.

I don't care enough about characters and while it's good, there are better places in Epcot for food.

The big draw for me *is* the rotation...I love when the restaurant rotates around to the farm house--I've spent so much time trying to pick up on the little details in the upstairs bedroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom