Garden Grill restaurant permanently immobile? No.

CDavid

I know this probably sounds like one of those overly-dramatic "vacation ruined!!1!" type of comments, but if true, I won't eat there again.

I don't care enough about characters and while it's good, there are better places in Epcot for food.

The big draw for me *is* the rotation...I love when the restaurant rotates around to the farm house--I've spent so much time trying to pick up on the little details in the upstairs bedroom.

It's not overly dramatic when the feature lost is a key part of the restaurant's setting and central to the dining experience. It is not fundamentally different than if the Coral Reef closed off views into the aquarium or Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater stopped showing film clips.

Scuttle

I know this probably sounds like one of those overly-dramatic "vacation ruined!!1!" type of comments, but if true, I won't eat there again.

I don't care enough about characters and while it's good, there are better places in Epcot for food.

The big draw for me *is* the rotation...I love when the restaurant rotates around to the farm house--I've spent so much time trying to pick up on the little details in the upstairs bedroom.
The farmhouse is one of the best show scenes in all of WDW.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I foresee them closing the whole venue before spending a dime on renovation of the original concept.

michael.fumc

This is a family favorite, even without the characters, (farmer Mickey is one of my favorites) being able to see those scenes from the land is awesome. This is a really one of WDW's best venues for a restaurant!!!! However it is not really even "okay" place to eat if it is not rotating, it would limit the area that would be fun to eat at. But maybe we can use a fast pass + for those seats:)

asianway

Original Poster
Um....who is reporting this? Still not getting a good idea from the other posts if it truly is not working.
The other posts make it clear it is currently not working. What is at issue is if they are giving up on fixing.

He isn't a friend of this site; however, I do not like to port over rumors without proper credit.

docandsix

I hope there is a good reason that its taking so long. If they let this "go" It's really going to go a long way toward the currently distant, but nagging disillusion that's been building with my beloved wdw.

images.jpg

Evidently Frozen is taking over more than just the Norway Pavilion at Epcot. Now it's a corporate business strategy.

Disdar

While speaking with an engineer he stated that most diners are so consumed with the characters that they never even realize that the restaurant rotates.

NMBC1993

While speaking with an engineer he stated that most diners are so consumed with the characters that they never even realize that the restaurant rotates.

The sad thing is that's completely believable! It seems to me that Disney knows the only low-cost way to compete with the other theme parks is to just overload guests with characters. This is why we're seeing character M&G this, Star Wars breakfast that, Villains event, etc. But I can't blame them, if people are willing to stand in line for 5+ hours, why not bank on it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom