Garden Grill restaurant permanently immobile? No.

champdisney

Many guests are not nearly as dumb and clueless as the Disney executives think they are. :banghead:
Really! I was 12 years old when I first dined at the Garden Grille and I was immediately fascinated with it. I thought rotating around the pavilion and Living with the Land was so cool! I still love the concept of it and I wish they'll fix it.

The characters are always a nice touch but that wasn't the main ingredient that sold me on Garden Grille (besides the food!).

cw1982

An engineer?

Does this post taste a little funny to anyone else?

I was thinking the same thing... not sure that I doubt that the person who posted that believes it, but I wonder where that "engineer" got his or her information. I seriously doubt that Disney executives have come out and asked anyone whether or not they noticed the restaurant spinning. Maybe asked diners to rank it among other restaurant details in terms of importance to themselves and their families... but to straight up ask "did you notice it spinning?" doesn't sound like a very scientific question, particularly since it's a big selling point for being there in the first place.

AndyS2992

Last time I saw this work was 2008. Why does it needs to spin anyway? I can't think of anything worse than spinning and trying to eat :hungover:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I ate there as a child with my family. I specifically remember that it was the rotating restaurant. I couldn't tell you if it had characters or not. I have to assume everyone who eats there must realize, at some point, that it rotates.
I don't believe it had characters when it originally opened. You know, back in the day when people could enjoy being on vacation and learning something at the same time.

doctornick

I ate there as a child with my family. I specifically remember that it was the rotating restaurant. I couldn't tell you if it had characters or not. I have to assume everyone who eats there must realize, at some point, that it rotates.

However, IIRC, some of the tables on the "inside" don't really face the outside walls well and that's where you notice the rotation. I think it's entirely possible for people seated at some tables to not realize that the restaurant moves.

TheMouseFan

The dining area will rotate again soon.. It didn't 'break down', so much as a unique component had to be removed (original parts) so that it can be replicated to replace.. Stop panicking.

It'll also spin a a slightly higher rate when it reopens.. (the speed that it originally spun when it opened originally)
Any ideas on how soon? We have ressies there in 2 1/2 weeks and I would love if it would be rotating again at that point!

RSoxNo1

The dining area will rotate again soon.. It didn't 'break down', so much as a unique component had to be removed (original parts) so that it can be replicated to replace.. Stop panicking.

It'll also spin a a slightly higher rate when it reopens.. (the speed that it originally spun when it opened originally)
In true Epcot fashion, we are seeing The Garden Grill "Green Version" right now. They will soon be offering the "Orange Version".

DisneyGentleman

This is good news. The effect of the rotation was really quite beautiful for anyone willing to take the time to enjoy it. Somehow the prancing foam heads have managed to distract many visitors from the simple beauty that once was Epcot.

The original version of The Land was a place to behold...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom