Galaxys Edge "camping out"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why even camp out? The park is brand new and will have glitches and bumps as the CMs get used to it.
It's not like the park is going anywhere.
Sounds like the best way to handle this is to use some ā€œmaturity juiceā€ for patience and not attempt to rush to the place. Not going anywhere.
Why did people stand in line for 6 hours in City Walk for the chance to see HP on day one?

Because fans are dumb.*

* Which is why evil will always triumph over good.
correct...they were/are dumb x
The same reason people waited in insane lines opening day for Potter at IOA, TSL, and Pandora, despite the fact they could get the same experience and ride quality, without as much craziness, had they waited a month later. The same reason bloggers fought over who got to drive into the DS parking garages the moment it was allowed.

View attachment 375292

But the bloggers are insane...most people have other things that can be pieced together to form ā€œa lifeā€

MouseBrayden

He made that up...as is the case 85% of the time.

Projects are handled independently...as are all big money capital investment contracts

Galaxy's Edge does not appear to be the direct reason Runaway Railway fell behind, it seems much more like a tech issue than a labor issue. They've been developing the ride for 5 years now. Iger made reference to the huge challenges they've had to overcome with these massive trackless attractions in DHS at the annual shareholder meeting.

These contractors and crews sign contracts for specific projects, moving them over to entirely unrelated projects mid-contract makes no sense. I think the Galaxy's Edge openings moving up is what is providing justification to this claim. "They must have doubled the labor on the project!" No, all they did is take Rise of the Resistance out of the opening, a bold decision I suspect Disney will live to regret.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yep. Galaxy's Edge does not appear to be the reason Runaway Railway fell behind, it seems much more like a tech issue than a labor issue. They've been developing the ride for 5 years now. Iger made reference to the huge challenges they've had to overcome with these massive trackless attractions in DHS at the annual shareholder meeting.

These contractors and crews sign contracts for specific projects, moving them over to entirely unrelated projects mid-contract makes no sense. I think the Galaxy's Edge openings moving up is what is providing justification to this claim. "They must have doubled the labor on the project!" No, all they did is take Rise of the Resistance out of the opening, a bold decision I suspect Disney will live to regret.

Our Source says the troubles of one attraction are indeed affecting the work and timetable of another.

nickys

Premium Member
They can turn cars away from the parking lot. It will be more difficult to keep people from the Epcot resorts walkway to DHS.

I mean, they could put up a barrier at the Buena Vista Drive bridge. But then that becomes the line.

Everything I've heard about WDW is that they're waiting to see what happens in DLR.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a reservation system for WDW. It would prevent a lot of issues.

So a true reservation system, booked in advance? As opposed to the virtual queue, as Iā€™m fairly certain @Magic Feather said they had always intended to do at DHS?

Iā€™m not sure how a reservation system would work alongside EEMH. Especially since they are opening DL at 6am for those with the 8-12 time slot, so people will arrive at least 2 hours earlier than their reservation time.

I assumed EEMH was in place of the reservations, which after all only last for 3 weeks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One ride. One flippin' ride.

... hah hah hah.

MickeyMouse10

How chapped would the people camping out be if Tom Cruise showed up and he skipped the line with his daughter?

"Hold on everyone Mr. Cruise is going to go in for an hour because he is a celebrity. Also it is completely random him and his daughter got a castle suite yet again."

Last edited:

The90skid

Apologies if already stated, but what were the opening procedures for Avatar? I would think that Avatar would have been the most recent comparable land opening for WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom