Galaxys Edge "camping out"

chimchimcheree

You were meant to take that as a joke. It was a prepared line the CMs were told to tell guests if they asked.
It made sense at the time because, you know, soft opening and theming. Like I said, I *never saw it happen*, but I was just told that there were cast members dressed as stormtroopers who would enforce the time limit. When I was at GE I had a sweatshirt on and I was told to keep the wristband visible at all times by a cast member at the Smuggler's Run queue. So sue me if I didn't connect the dots, but lol, yeah, ~lying~.

Kamikaze

It made sense at the time because, you know, soft opening and theming. Like I said, I *never saw it happen*, but I was just told that there were cast members dressed as stormtroopers who would enforce the time limit. When I was at GE I had a sweatshirt on and I was told to keep the wristband visible at all times by a cast member at the Smuggler's Run queue. So sue me if I didn't connect the dots, but lol, yeah, ~lying~.

I never said that you were lying. Just that it didn't happen. Dan used that word.

DisneyDefenders

Is the report on the home page about reservations for Passholder Previews of Galaxy's Edge already being open true? No email has been received by anyone in our family who have Platinum Passes.

nickys

Premium Member
Is the report on the home page about reservations for Passholder Previews of Galaxy's Edge already being open true? No email has been received by anyone in our family who have Platinum Passes.

Yes. It opened yesterday and booked out by 1:30pm or so. A couple of us posted links to the reservation pages, to help those who didn’t receive emails. Sorry you didn’t see them.

DisneyDefenders

Yes. It opened yesterday and booked out by 1:30pm or so. A couple of us posted links to the reservation pages, to help those who didn’t receive emails. Sorry you didn’t see them.

Can anyone confirm if that means that all preview days are booked, or if they are sending out invite emails in waves?

nickys

Premium Member
Can anyone confirm if that means that all preview days are booked, or if they are sending out invite emails in waves?

All days are booked. You didn’t need to have an email to book. Once bookings opened any eligible passholder could use the registration page to book a slot. All of them are now booked.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I received my email at 10:55 AM yesterday. I was in the queue within 8 minutes of receiving that email. And was in the queue for a little over 30 minutes

This has been announced several times as a first come, first serve invitation. It's unfortunate that none of your family members with Platinum passes received the email. I would make sure your account is set up to receive all such communications and that the email address is correct. That may be why you never received an email.

But yes, all available preview slots have been filled.

Kudos to @nickys and others who were monitoring the site and provided the link to the registration page for those who didn't receive the email.

DisneyDefenders

Does anyone know what the earliest time slot available for the first day of previews on the 17th was and did anyone on here get to reserve that slot? I'm curious if the preview time slots began with normal park operating hours, or if passholders are getting a chance to get into Galaxy's Edge before park opening?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Does anyone know what the earliest time slot available for the first day of previews on the 17th was and did anyone on here get to reserve that slot? I'm curious if the preview time slots began with normal park operating hours, or if passholders are getting a chance to get into Galaxy's Edge before park opening?

I believe there were 5 four hour slots each day, starting every two hours. Last slot was 5-9, so first would have been at 9AM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom