Galaxys Edge "camping out"

World_Showcase_Lover007

The roads on Disney property are all private right?

Couldn't they just trespass anyone on property camping out? Get that message out and I bet it cuts way down on it.

I would think the roads are public bc they belong to the Reedy Creek Improvement District and/or the two incorporated cities. These are all classified as public entities (even though Disney builds and maintains the roads, but that was the deal they struck with the state of Florida).

The city of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista have contingency plans for if groups want to protest (and even have permits you can fill out on their website). So I’ve pondered where a protest could take place since almost everything would be considered private property. The only place I can think of where a public protest could take place would be the roadways.

PG 134

Roads that belong to Reedy Creek Improvement District: Osceola from Buena Vista Drive to I-4, Victory, World Drive up to just after the new overpass near toll plaza, Epcot Center from World to I-4 ramps, Overpass, Backstage Lane, Bonnet Creek Road, Epcot Resorts Blvd, Hotel Plaza, and Buena Vista Drive from Osceola up to 535 per Orange County Property Map.

imarc

I would think the roads are public bc they belong to the Reedy Creek Improvement District and/or the two incorporated cities. These are all classified as public entities (even though Disney builds and maintains the roads, but that was the deal they struck with the state of Florida).

The city of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista have contingency plans for if groups want to protest (and even have permits you can fill out on their website). So I’ve pondered where a protest could take place since almost everything would be considered private property. The only place I can think of where a public protest could take place would be the roadways.

I believe Discovery Island is the designated protest location. Once you're there, they release the backup alligators.

Kamikaze

My husband works for the Sheriff department and they are not happy about the bloggers telling people to camp out. Its possible, but not without the Sheriff Departments FULL support, and they don't have it. Bathrooms, water, medical services, etc all these things need to be met prior, and as of this moment they are not. Things change by the minute with Disney though, so its a wait and see scenario.
Anyway..have fun and enjoy if you go!!! Its sounds amazing!

So you're saying that the people who camp out for Black Friday at stores across the country need to be supplied with all of these things as well? That is completely and blatantly untrue.

It might be true that Disney doesn't want and will not allow people to camp out overnight, but the reasoning you are giving is completely false. If Disney allows it or not is their sole discretion because it is their private property. OCSO has nothing to do with it, nor do bathrooms or any other 'service' you mention.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If people can't camp in front of the entrance, they'll camp in the parking lot.

If they are told to move out, they'll drive around and camp in front of the ticket booth.

If they can't camp in front of the booth and are moved out and Disney blocks the driveway entrance, then they'll camp in along the break-down lane (shoulder) of the highway.

If they can't camp there and police move them along, they're circle around and around until the driveway is finally open.

And so, you'll have several thousand cars slowly circling the roadways of DHS causing traffic jams.

mm121

I was told by a person VERY high up in Disney NOT to believe the rumours about Disney allowing people to camp out before Galaxys Edge opens. She said that it was a liability and that unless it is preplanned with the police department ( sheriffs), that absulutely NOBODY was going to be "camping" before Galaxys Edge opens. She also said that people are listening to "You Tubers" who are giving out bad information to people. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM! Only listen to an official posting from Disney. They know its going to be insanely busy and they are trying to come up with a plan that is SAFE and smooth for guests. Please do not believe rumours, these bloggers WANT you to listen to them but they KNOW NOTHING because even the highest people still don't know exactly what the plan is for opening day. Follow what Disney announces, not a "Disney bloggers" bad info from their maintenance man friend, who works at the parks, bad info.
They will most likely use a similar system to the Disneyland Opening.

Reservations, Limited Time Windows, No Standby Line.

For at least a month.

mm121

I would agree with this, I don't see Disney letting people line up at DHS until the morning of opening. As for Disneyland, I am not sure how much control they have of the street right outside the park entrance.
At Disneyland you wont be granted access to the land without a reservation for a 4 hour window.

In the advertising video they said many times that there will be NO STANDBY LINE for entry to the land.

I'm sure they will be quick to disperse any crowds that try to gather.

They also noted that there's no reason to show up 6 hours before your reservation time as you aren't getting in early.

Patcheslee

At Disneyland you wont be granted access to the land without a reservation for a 4 hour window.

In the advertising video they said many times that there will be NO STANDBY LINE for entry to the land.

I'm sure they will be quick to disperse any crowds that try to gather.

They also noted that there's no reason to show up 6 hours before your reservation time as you aren't getting in early.
I'm wondering if they plan a separate overall park queue to enter for those with reserved times. Hate to say it but I could almost see the ppl without reservations still lining up for exclusive merchandise. Which in turn means ppl with reserved times could possibly be late to enter GE section.

Kamikaze

I'm wondering if they plan a separate overall park queue to enter for those with reserved times. Hate to say it but I could almost see the ppl without reservations still lining up for exclusive merchandise. Which in turn means ppl with reserved times could possibly be late to enter GE section.

They ARE allowing a standby line for merch for the DLR opening. No access to the land or ride, but you can stand in a line to buy things.

Dave B

The same reason people waited in insane lines opening day for Potter at IOA, TSL, and Pandora, despite the fact they could get the same experience and ride quality, without as much craziness, had they waited a month later. The same reason bloggers fought over who got to drive into the DS parking garages the moment it was allowed.

View attachment 375292
Maybe they do not have a month to wait or maybe they can't come back in a month, people plan there trips a year in advance and cant always switch there dates and then they might not be back for years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom