Galaxys Edge "camping out"

Dave B

They will most likely use a similar system to the Disneyland Opening.

Reservations, Limited Time Windows, No Standby Line.

For at least a month.
They are not in any way doing what they are doing in California, they are doing pre park EEMH for Hotel guests, California has three hotels, Florida has 20+, they will not be able to do reservations in Florida

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They are not in any way doing what they are doing in California, they are doing pre park EEMH for Hotel guests, California has three hotels, Florida has 20+, they will not be able to do reservations in Florida

We don't know for sure how this will be handled in Florida. Once they see how things go in California we will probably hear more about how it will be handled at DHS. Martin has already indicated that there are plans for some way that people won't have to wait in line to get into the land.

nickys

Premium Member
At Disneyland you wont be granted access to the land without a reservation for a 4 hour window.

In the advertising video they said many times that there will be NO STANDBY LINE for entry to the land.

I'm sure they will be quick to disperse any crowds that try to gather.

They also noted that there's no reason to show up 6 hours before your reservation time as you aren't getting in early.

Showing up 6 hrs early would be idiotic. But showing up 2 hrs early would make sure you get the full 4 hours in the Land. If you arrive and it takes 50 minutes to scan everyone in, you’re only getting 3 hrs in the Land.

nickys

Premium Member
They will most likely use a similar system to the Disneyland Opening.

Reservations, Limited Time Windows, No Standby Line.

For at least a month.

They could.

But they have already said they won’t do this at DHS. What is more likely is a virtual queue, to avoid people standing in a line for 6 hrs just to get in. And we have had confirmation that this is what is planned. However we don’t know if this would be from the opening day.

lentesta

Premium Member
They can turn cars away from the parking lot. It will be more difficult to keep people from the Epcot resorts walkway to DHS.

I mean, they could put up a barrier at the Buena Vista Drive bridge. But then that becomes the line.
We don't know for sure how this will be handled in Florida. Once they see how things go in California we will probably hear more about how it will be handled at DHS. Martin has already indicated that there are plans for some way that people won't have to wait in line to get into the land.

Everything I've heard about WDW is that they're waiting to see what happens in DLR.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a reservation system for WDW. It would prevent a lot of issues.

Dave B

We actually do know, they have said that they are not doing reservations and that they are offering the EEMH instead

Janir

Doesn't matter. You're not getting in for the first 6 weeks unless you have a reservation.
And once your inside DLR let alone SWGE whatever 'position' in line you had for your 'time block' really won't matter. There really isn't any advantage to tryign to line up hours ahead of time.

Stripes

So we're headed to DL on June 24th. Not our first choice but due to different schedules and such it's really the only day we can go. We've handled busy crowds with ease before (New Years Eve, for example), but we're a little worried this time around.

Any recommendations for getting into Galaxy's Edge other than arrive early?

imarc

Do tell. Sounds like you have interesting (horror) stories.

Nothing specific. Just massive crowds, completely oblivious to anyone else around them. Lots of choke points at the time around Star Tours magnified by performances tat turned walkways into standways.

It really was a precursor to what has become more common at Magic Kingdom during peak busy times and Epcot during Food & Wine especially around France and Mexico.

Janir

They can turn cars away from the parking lot. It will be more difficult to keep people from the Epcot resorts walkway to DHS.

I mean, they could put up a barrier at the Buena Vista Drive bridge. But then that becomes the line.

Everything I've heard about WDW is that they're waiting to see what happens in DLR.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a reservation system for WDW. It would prevent a lot of issues.

WDW has Magic Bands and tracking that DLR doesn't. They can set up some FP+ like reservation into SWGE if they want to. But first they need to see what happens in DLR. It may be that DLR absorbs the initial Star Wars, gotta be first to see crowds, and DHS just deals with new land mega crowds. Both SWGE lands have restricted access points into and out of the areas. In DHS a few Magic Band scanners would be enough to control access and then just use the FP+ system for access. If they want to time limit the access then that becomes harder to do with out actively scanning everyone at each guest touchpoint within the SWGE land area to see if that person is supposed to have already left and deny service if they are out of their time allotment.
First things first, they need to see some of the patterns at DLR to get some sort of feel, before they deal with DHS.
Disney Parks and Resorts are masters at moving people around and crowd management. They will figure it out.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
No time to read this thread, but I have a quick question - where is the spot we can pitch our tents? Is it OK if I build the shed I bought at Menards? I'll do it all classy with a foundation and everything. Plus, I got a high end composting toilet so I won't put any strain on the new gondola facilities. Let me know ASAP. I want to get things set up so I can head out to dinner, and buy my Yeti cooler and grill. I'm also negotiating with a local to live in my shed when I step out to run errands.

lazyboy97o

No time to read this thread, but I have a quick question - where is the spot we can pitch our tents? Is it OK if I build the shed I bought at Menards? I'll do it all classy with a foundation and everything. Plus, I got a high end composting toilet so I won't put any strain on the new gondola facilities. Let me know ASAP. I want to get things set up so I can head out to dinner, and buy my Yeti cooler and grill. I'm also negotiating with a local to live in my shed when I step out to run errands.
First you absolutely need permission from the Deputy Comissioner of the US Marshal’s Orlando Field Office along with a letter of consent from the Department of Sanitation.

imarc

Make sure that any annuals that you plant around your shed are local bee friendly.

Jimmy Thick

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Disney is going to be prepared for the mass of humanity thats going to be there opening day. I can see a line the Studios park entrance all the way down to the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk. Thats the line where everyone will be waiting in all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom