Future of the Hollywood Tower of Terror

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

It's not worth losing ToT over but an Alien drop tower like it would be awesome I think.
Sure, but an Alien retheme (whatever that is, beyond the animatronic change) of Alien Encounter is easy, cool, nostalgic, AND can replace SGE or M:S (don't tell me it doesn't suit GotG). Disney also has a reshoot cast ready:
Jeffrey Jones: Alan Tudyk
Tim Curry (if his audio can't be recycled): Matt Berry
Tyra Banks: RuPaul (let's REALLY off DeSantis - with the Supermodel of the World!)
Kathy Najimy: I volunteer as tribute, if she won't come back.

Sneaky

How would y'all feel about a retheme to Alien? Like, THE Alien.

Surely everyone will think it's a cool idea.
Don’t tell me that’s an actual idea they have….
“Hmm we pssd everyone off with the ROA, and the muppets, how can we make people more angry? OH I KNOW, THE TOWER OF TERROR NEXT!”
Why can’t it just be the Hollywood tower hotel..

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Sure, but an Alien retheme (whatever that is, beyond the animatronic change) of Alien Encounter is easy, cool, nostalgic, AND can replace SGE or M:S (don't tell me it doesn't suit GotG). Disney also has a reshoot cast ready:
Jeffrey Jones: Alan Tudyk
Tim Curry (if his audio can't be recycled): Matt Berry
Tyra Banks: RuPaul (let's REALLY off DeSantis - with the Supermodel of the World!)
Kathy Najimy: I volunteer as tribute, if she won't come back.
The original trailer for the attraction showed it looked more like the Xenomorph instead of the bug like alien..

Have to wonder where the 2 Xenomorph's are now..
GOJUEYMWoAAxaly.jpg

zipadee999

With the runaway sucess of Romulus, should we be kissing the twilight zone goodbye?
My gut tells me it’s safe in Florida, but it’s ironic that this is being discussed because I believe I remember hearing that one of the first ToT concepts was that we would’ve been on a runaway elevator lift as a sci-fi movie was being filmed with monsters, aliens, etc.

Sneaky

My gut tells me it’s safe in Florida, but it’s ironic that this is being discussed because I believe I remember hearing that one of the first ToT concepts was that we would’ve been on a runaway elevator lift as a sci-fi movie was being filmed with monsters, aliens, etc.
Mel brooks baby! Would probably be gone by now but as a Mel brooks fan I would’ve loved it. I’m pretty sure Tot also was almost young Frankenstein at one point too.

With the runaway sucess of Romulus, should we be kissing the twilight zone goodbye?
l think while Alien Romulus was successful it didn't set the world on fire enough to retheme Tower of Terror yet. I think it will depend on how the new TV show does to see what happens.
Also if that Tower of Terror movie gets of the ground I think it's likely it will stay mostly as is but sadly I think the twilight zone theming is cooked either way

Sneaky

I wou

l think while Alien Romulus was successful it didn't set the world on fire enough to retheme Tower of Terror yet. I think it will depend on how the new TV show does to see what happens.
Also if that Tower of Terror movie gets of the ground I think it's likely it will stay mostly as is but sadly I think the twilight zone theming is cooked either way
Yeah. Twilight zone is unfortunately cooked. It’s a shame but it’s probably a long time coming. I hope it stays the Hollywood tower hotel. I honestly feel like the day twilight zone is gone is the day old Hollywood studios dies for good. 80s/90s mgm died with great movie ride, but dhs before SWGE and TSI in general, at least in spirit imo, dies with twilight zone tot.

Sneaky

You worry too much
I think this is the side effect of all the “things getting removed”, and “nothing is safe” vibe here hanging over our heads all the time. It’s probably not alien, hell, the tower is the ICON of dhs for godsakes! but I DO think the twilight zone is gonna be gone from the tower eventually. Already not on the merch, with the whole “Hollywood tower hotel” thing they’ve got going on with the merch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom