Future of the Hollywood Tower of Terror

Sneaky

Gonna do a quick drive by comment here but I've heard nothing about a complete retheme for Tower ot Terror but getting rid of Twilight Zone branding has been on the table since '21.
Not surprised, it is unfortunate inevitable imo. I do think it will be a while bc they will need to do RNRC first and then the expansion, bc dhs is always spammed and taking out TOT would be kidna catastrophic. I have no insider information mind you so wdi and wdw management could see differently than me on this, just my take.

999th Happy Haunt

Gonna do a quick drive by comment here but I've heard nothing about a complete retheme for Tower ot Terror but getting rid of Twilight Zone branding has been on the table since '21.
I still hope this doesn’t happen, but it’s by far the least catastrophic change they could make to the attraction long term

Rodj

Gonna do a quick drive by comment here but I've heard nothing about a complete retheme for Tower of Terror but getting rid of Twilight Zone branding has been on the table since '21.
Do you know if management knows just how bad the condition of the show effects on the ride is currently?
On my trip back in 2022, a coordinator I spoke to said that Tower was originally supposed to have an effects refurb as well as new effects and a drop sequence added for the 50th, but then the pandemic ruined those plans.

dreamfinding

Do you know if management knows just how bad the condition of the show effects on the ride is currently?
On my trip back in 2022, a coordinator I spoke to said that Tower was originally supposed to have an effects refurb as well as new effects and a drop sequence added for the 50th, but then the pandemic ruined those plans.
Are the ghosts still projecting onto the floor? Tower did undergo a (brief) refurbishment not too long ago… I was told it was because the 5th dimension room broke.

ToTBellHop

Exactly. Tower of Terror has become an IP in its own right for this company, so they are unlikely to remove the haunted hotel story.

Now, whether today's Imagineers are capable of threading the needle here and maintaining a good ghost story is another matter entirely. For what it's worth, I think the update to ToT in Paris is fantastically creepy and doesn't really require Rod Serling.

999th Happy Haunt

Exactly. Tower of Terror has become an IP in its own right for this company, so they are unlikely to remove the haunted hotel story.

Now, whether today's Imagineers are capable of threading the needle here and maintaining a good ghost story is another matter entirely. For what it's worth, I think the update to ToT in Paris is fantastically creepy and doesn't really require Rod Serling.
I really dislike the little girl as the narrator/main character. It could have been really eerie but it seems like they were cautious about making her too scary so they made her a friendly ghost instead.

ToTBellHop

I really dislike the little girl as the narrator/main character. It could have been really eerie but it seems like they were cautious about making her too scary so they made her a friendly ghost instead.
I find nothing friendly about the way she moves around. It's creepy and in the style of some of the scariest ghost horror movies. I didn't read "friendly" at all from her. Sinister and malevolent.

Sneaky

I do hope if something like this does happen, mark silverman ( rod serling) is brought back to do a voice cameo, even if in a different voice, Or something, because he clearly loves his Role in the ride from looking at his socials.

Mireille

Premium Member
Well, they got Futurama in the Fox purchase, so just change it from The Twilight Zone to The Scary Door?
1718727861924.jpeg

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No

I’m of the sincere belief that any shift from the current attraction’s Twilight Zone theme WITH Rod Serling will be a huge downgrade. As a fan of the original show, I feel that it’s literally the best experience it could possibly be. It’s perfect. Taking away Rod takes away a lot of the magic.

999th Happy Haunt

I find nothing friendly about the way she moves around. It's creepy and in the style of some of the scariest ghost horror movies. I didn't read "friendly" at all from her. Sinister and malevolent.
Now I don’t understand French at all but all the translations of her lines that I have seen makes it seem like she’s trying to save you or help you in the French version. I don’t think the voice sounds sinister either. Maybe it reads different in person but that’s just my take from what I’ve seen.

ToTBellHop

Now I don’t understand French at all but all the translations of her lines that I have seen makes it seem like she’s trying to save you or help you in the French version. I don’t think the voice sounds sinister either. Maybe it reads different in person but that’s just my take from what I’ve seen.
I found it extremely creepy in person. Most of the comments I read from others who have ridden are similar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom