Future of the Hollywood Tower of Terror

Moth

An orlando ride where you shoot at Aliens does seem like a great idea! Wonder why no one has done that?
1724962540460.png

Purduevian

...Would you believe me if I said Men in Black didn't even slip my mind?
Men in Black is my favorite shooter ride I've ever been on. It gets overshadowed by Mummy, Gringotts, and half of IOA but it is a fantastic ride.

Back to ToT, if they ever do retheme it, I really hope they build a land around it to match the new theme

SpectreJordan

Men in Black is my favorite shooter ride I've ever been on. It gets overshadowed by Mummy, Gringotts, and half of IOA but it is a fantastic ride.

Back to ToT, if they ever do retheme it, I really hope they build a land around it to match the new theme
They kinda have one with Sunset Blvd but the theming isn't very consistent sadly. I'd kill for them to completely retheme it to the 1940s. Replace BATB with a show that'd fit the 40s more (Snow White or maybe a show about 1940s Hollywood), retheme RnRC to something 40s related as well (something original would be cool but The Rocketeer would be sick too) & then replace the Lightning McQueen show with an updated Roger Rabbit dark ride.

I think the rest of DHS should be replaced with movie themed lands. But keep & improve Sunset Blvd as a way to step into Hollywood's golden age.

Bocabear

They kinda have one with Sunset Blvd but the theming isn't very consistent sadly. I'd kill for them to completely retheme it to the 1940s. Replace BATB with a show that'd fit the 40s more (Snow White or maybe a show about 1940s Hollywood), retheme RnRC to something 40s related as well (something original would be cool but The Rocketeer would be sick too) & then replace the Lightning McQueen show with an updated Roger Rabbit dark ride.

I think the rest of DHS should be replaced with movie themed lands. But keep & improve Sunset Blvd as a way to step into Hollywood's golden age.
I love this idea...The corridor to the Golden Age of Hollywood...and I love the idea of the show changing to something 1940s Golden Age Of Hollywood appropriate.... Rocketeer was a fun film... And dubling down on the Golden age of Hollywood for Sunset Boulevard and RNRR would be wonderful...it would feel cohesive and beautifully planned.

Sneaky

The Muppets doing a parody of The Twilight Zone. You're welcome Bob! Or go FUTURAMA with The Scary Door.
I know this is very late, but another project in the imagineering forum make a eureka moment: Gravity falls? Like I don’t mean turning it into the “mystery tower hotel”. Could still go with the whole “mystery force” angle in the tower, story could be dipper, mable, and Stan VS. the ghosts in the tower with some journal things ala “northwest mansion mystery”?

Bocabear

I know this is very late, but another project in the imagineering forum make a eureka moment: Gravity falls? Like I don’t mean turning it into the “mystery tower hotel”. Could still go with the whole “mystery force” angle in the tower, story could be dipper, mable, and Stan VS. the ghosts in the tower with some journal things ala “northwest mansion mystery”?
That would be a good idea for a new build all new attraction in a Gravity Falls UP miniland...a less thrilling version of a drop ride perhaps for the younglings...

Sneaky

That would be a good idea for a new build all new attraction in a Gravity Falls UP miniland...a less thrilling version of a drop ride perhaps for the younglings...
The idea place for a GF attraction in my mind would be replacing the BATB theatre at DHS, giving the area along with TZ a whole overarching “Supernatural” theme

Bocabear

I don't think I would want that watering down the Old Hollywood theme of that section of the park, but an attraction and mniland based on Gravity Falls could be a lot of fun...

Rodj

The idea place for a GF attraction in my mind would be replacing the BATB theatre at DHS, giving the area along with TZ a whole overarching “Supernatural” theme
Disney strays a lot from giving any DTVA IP presence in the parks unless if it is really popular like Phineas and Ferb. They have a lot of potential with their various IP's from DTVA, but current management will only choose from movie IP's unfortunately.

Sneaky

Disney strays a lot from giving any DTVA IP presence in the parks unless if it is really popular like Phineas and Ferb. They have a lot of potential with their various IP's from DTVA, but current management will only choose from movie IP's unfortunately.
Of course there is lots of potential with a lot of DTVA stuff, but realistically not many can last relevance wise. It has to be an IP that has staying power. You mentioned phineas and ferb, which I also think should have some kind of attraction too, but I also think gravity falls has that kinda staying power. Look at how crazy people went over an online thing and a book, 8 years after the show ended. I feel it definitely could last, maybe sell some merch too. You are right in the sense execs would never choose it though. It doesn’t have to be huge, but those two should be in the parks imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom