Future of the Hollywood Tower of Terror

Luigi

Original Poster
As more and more merchandise comes out omitting "Twilight Zone" to avoid licensing fees, it makes me wonder what the future holds for the iconic attraction.

Anyone here have any insider knowledge of what the plans may be?

- Resign a deal with Viacom for "Twilight Zone"
- Remove all Twilight Zone references and record new, generic "haunted hotel" narration
- Retheme it to Tokyo's version
- Go the Marvel route and force it into a Dr. Strange Sanctum Santorum ride
- Something else??

Kirby86

If they make a change it will be to remove the Twilight Zone IP I don't see it being a change to Tokyos theme or to Marvel. The only big change they'd have to do is change the 5th dimension scene to something else.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Len Testa was talking once about the end of life of some part of the ride system and that such would require removing the roof to work with cranes from above. Some time before 2030 I believe. If that's true I don't think it reopens the same.

Magenta Panther

I actually think this is one that they’ll leave alone for a long time. The works fine and there’s ALOT more that needs attention first

And they have yet to build a new ride that's better.

FYI - I was watching Kyle Pallo's vlog today, in which he visited DHS. He rode the Tower - or rather, he tried to. The side of the Tower he was queued for broke down, and so he was directed to the other side. He got on, and just as the ride vehicle got to the drop zone, the ride stopped, and the lights went on. And there before him, in the drop chamber, on the right-hand side, hanging on some kind of protuberance, was a white poncho. Wow. I don't know if that's the reason the ride stopped, but hoo boy - If that isn't an indictment of the current state of WDW maintenance, I don't know what is. Pitiful. He and his fellow guests were evacuated and given passes - not that they needed them, since it was raining and just about everything at DHS was a walk-on. What a farce.

J4546

i could absolutley see it being rethemed with and new marvel land. something like dr strange sanctum where you go through his portal and help different avengers on different missions or something

Sharon&Susan

i could absolutley see it being rethemed with and new marvel land. something like dr strange sanctum where you go through his portal and help different avengers on different missions or something
1663566404169.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom