Future of the Hollywood Tower of Terror

Sneaky

question for yall: would you accept a TOT Twlilight zone theme removal if it was to add an expanded version of the Hotel Hightower version from TDS? And how extensive of the changes to the tower’s exterior/sunset blvd and its attraction, would you be comfy with/do if you were in charge?

Last edited:

zipadee999

Same reaction. As much as I love the Tokyo storyline, it doesn’t fit the old Hollywood vibe. The Tokyo version only works because it’s set in the NYC seaport area, a place that’s known for museums and collections of artifacts in real life. To work in Hollywood, the tower needs to have a certain ‘swankiness’ to it with storylines about movie stars, parties, and the golden age of filmmaking.

Sneaky

Same reaction. As much as I love the Tokyo storyline, it doesn’t fit the old Hollywood vibe. The Tokyo version only works because it’s set in the NYC seaport area, a place that’s known for museums and collections of artifacts in real life. To work in Hollywood, the tower needs to have a certain ‘swankiness’ to it with storylines about movie stars, parties, and the golden age of filmmaking.
Tbh I agree. My ideal removal of tot would be keeping the same general story of the five people, but one of them (I.e, bellhop) would be your narrator, and the story is they would be out to get your soul so they could leave the tower they have been trapped inn and stuff.

Kirby86

Now I don’t understand French at all but all the translations of her lines that I have seen makes it seem like she’s trying to save you or help you in the French version. I don’t think the voice sounds sinister either. Maybe it reads different in person but that’s just my take from what I’ve seen.
I think it depends on which drop shaft you're in. One she seems like she wants to help you escape the other one seems like she is antagonistic to the riders.

Sneaky

Really seems like a drop in the bucket at this point, doesn't it? I mean, the ride is so good. They would be nuts to touch it.

Then again...they've been nuts before.
They already don’t pay merch fees, that’s why all the shirts, merch, and photos, ect.
Nowadays say “Hollywood tower hotel” instead of “the twilight zone tower of terror”. I have NO insider information, but reading from context clues from those kinda things, I just have a gut feeling.

Sneaky

Not so much getting out of a cheap license, but using their own IP for merchandising synergy.
I feel like whatever ip is jammed into tower, atp it’ll remain the “tower of terror” or Hollywood tower hotel or something. It’s legit the dhs park icon. You think it happens by the end of the decade?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel like whatever ip is jammed into tower, atp it’ll remain the “tower of terror” or Hollywood tower hotel or something. It’s legit the dhs park icon. You think it happens by the end of the decade?
Who knows.

The ToT in DCA was changed to anchor Marvel Plaza.

Since most Marvel characters Disney has leveraged in film are still excluded form Orlando, they can't do that again, unless they do something like making ToT into a Doctor Strange attraction (ghosts become folks trapped in the Astral Plane). They wouldn't even need to change the look of the tower. Then make RnRC an Incredicoaster (the already have a mid-Century vibe). They could put a Guardians show in the theater. And maybe add a Big Hero Six attraction behind Fairfax. Sunset Blvd of Heroes.

Otherwise, there are no very popular IPs that could be used and stick with a Old Hollywood facade.

Sneaky

Who knows.

Since most Marvel characters Disney has leveraged in film are still excluded form Orlando, they can't do that again, unless they do something like making ToT into a Doctor Strange attraction (ghosts become folks trapped in the Astral Plane). They wouldn't even need to change the look of the tower. Then make RnRC an Incredicoaster (the already have a mid-Century vibe). They could put a Guardians show in the theater. And maybe add a Big Hero Six attraction behind Fairfax. Sunset Blvd of Heroes.

Otherwise, there are no very popular IPs that could be used and stick with a Old Hollywood facade.
I think if the movie does well, it’ll get the pirates treatment. If not, hopefully it remains. I’d still be down for a “tip top club” bar/resturaunt either way.

mickEblu

And once you get to the thirteenth floor, they need to drop you back down to get to the party!!!!!!!!!🎉 🎈🎊🎉 (Unnatural levels of enthusiasm)

Lol. To think the imagineers sat there with a straight face thinking that dialogue and execution of that story were good enough. I just can’t understand or make any sense of it.

bmr1591

I think they’ll just call it Tower of Terror and be done if they get rid of Twilight Zone. ToT is its own IP at this point and is an icon of HS. I can’t see them changing a non-controversial ride.

Who knows.

While I would absolutely hate losing the twilight zone theming I think Doctor Strange would be the best new IP to use if they just HAVE to force one in.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Tbh I agree. My ideal removal of tot would be keeping the same general story of the five people, but one of them (I.e, bellhop) would be your narrator, and the story is they would be out to get your soul so they could leave the tower they have been trapped inn and stuff.

Pretty close to 2023 Haunted Mansion movie plot.

andre85

Is Tower of Terror the only IP left represented in a US park as a ride that Disney doesn't own? (Well, I guess they only have distribution rights for Avatar). It's a shame they've seemingly turned so insular when it comes to IP, as some of my favorite rides are about on properties they didn't originally own

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is Tower of Terror the only IP left represented in a US park as a ride that Disney doesn't own? (Well, I guess they only have distribution rights for Avatar). It's a shame they've seemingly turned so insular when it comes to IP, as some of my favorite rides are about on properties they didn't originally own

I don't know if these licenses were a one-time purchase or a continuing fee, or now in the public domain, but these are IP licenses that Disney paid for:
  • Dumbo
  • Bambi
  • Song of the South
  • Peter Pan
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Fox and the Hound
  • The Black Cauldron
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • The Rescuers (Down Under)
  • Tarzan
  • Meet the Robinsons

Licenses Disney once paid for but now own:
  • LucasFilm: Star Wars, Indiana Jones
  • Pixar: Toy Story

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom