Funny things people say at WDW

Skippy

not a real big one here, but you think even someone uninformed would know...

i was at pop century by the water fountains play area, which has a car in the back with goofy in a swimsuit next to it... ((picture)) when this mother and her son came up to it with a camera and the mom said, "go stand by donald duck so i can take your picture" :rolleyes:

noname70

Upon returning from his recent WDW Vacation, my friend insisted again and again that "Animal PLANET" was the best of the four theme parks. :brick:

djmatthews

I was taking photos of the Tree of Life in Disney's Animal Kingdom, a guest asked me if I knew the history of the tree.... I began to say "well, the park opened in 1998....." He replied "ohhh it's not real"....

The scary thing is - he wasn't joking.

Craig & Lisa

noname70 said:
Upon returning from his recent WDW Vacation, my friend insisted again and again that "Animal PLANET" was the best of the four theme parks. :brick:

how these kind of people can walk from one side of a room to the other is beyond me!!!!!:hammer:

CThaddeus

This is true, and the guest was deadly serious when they asked it. I worked at Disneyland when Fantasmic! was still relatively new (1994-1995) and their question was: "Where is that Orgasmic show?" I don't think I ever had to work so hard to keep a straight face.

Craig & Lisa

CThaddeus said:
This is true, and the guest was deadly serious when they asked it. I worked at Disneyland when Fantasmic! was still relatively new (1994-1995) and their question was: "Where is that Orgasmic show?" I don't think I ever had to work so hard to keep a straight face.

Did they think they were in Playboy Land???:p

bsandersjr

Connor002 said:
"where's bugs bunny?"
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

I don't know about that one. there was a lady who posted on here about her business trip to Chef Mickey's where she partied with Daffy Duck
:lol: :brick:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The joke was on us at DLP; the 3 o`clock parade is now at.... 7pm. Honest. I refrained from asking a CM outright, doubting I could keep a straight face...

aeillill

WEDisney said:
My favorite came while standing in line for The Maelstrom. A child asked here mother "Mommy, what country is this?", and the Mother replied, "I think its Alaska Dear."

that's so sad...

not knowing what country your visiting is one thing, but to think that a state is a country, well that's just a whole other can of worms...

MSTINKHERBELL01

As WDW vet...I find it funny when a "newbie" say's certain things. The best was about 3 weeks ago my girlfriend and I were waiting in line at the All Stars to board a bus for MK...and a lady with her family walked up to me (noticing I had my AP in my hand) and said "Excuse me...where do I get the Boarding Pass for the bus" After laughing my buns off I finally told her that the buses were free from the Resorts.:hammer: :lol: :hammer::lol: :hammer:

Sharon L

I have neighbors that have been twice, the last trip was over this past 4th of July. Talking to them after the first trip, I got the feeling that they thought only the Magic Kingdom was Walt Disney World, and that the other parks were not really related to WDW. I think they finally figured out on this last trip that the four parks (and other areas like Downtown Disney) all made up WDW.

However, after this last trip, the father was telling me all about the fantastic "new" ride at Animal Kingdom called Dinosaur!. He also told me that on their next trip they would probably only go to Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon, because apparently none of the other parks had anything to offer them.:rolleyes:

Mmmeredith

I have to say, I love this thread...here are some from my collection...

1) After riding a verrry packed bus (and taking up about 6-8 seats) to AKL, the main man in the group proclaimed, "Where are we?"

2) In ToT que:
Boyfriend: "We stand up on this ride."
Girlfriend: "Are you sure?"
Boyfriend: "Yeah, I'm positive."
Listen to your girlfriends, folks.

3) In line for It's Tough to be a Bug:
Adult man: "Dude, is that thing real man?"
Yes, we are going to watch a 3D show in a REAL tree. Due to the presence of both "dude" and "man" in one sentence, I suspect his enjoyment of AK may have been augmented by some illegal substance.

4) Now, this isn't something that anyone really "said" so much as didn't say, but I think it's worth mentioning. Standing in line at a shop, I felt (and heard) a slap that managed to go all the way across my butt. It wasn't particularly hard, but impressive due to the fact that it literally crossed my whole butt. Being familiar with children and their grabby ways, I knew it was a child. The slap was immediately followed by an adult man gasping. I turned around and saw the child, and looked up to the father assuming that, since his son's actions had made him gasp, he would want to apologize. Nope. He quickly turned around and fled to avoid eye contact. It's one thing to be smacked by a stranger's child, but if you're not going to apologize, DON'T GASP!

CThaddeus

Another great Disneyland one I got - and this one seemed to come up a lot - is, "Where's Magic Mountain?" My first response was always, "About 1 hour north of here." But they'd inevitably argue that, no, it's a ride in Disneyland. Then I'd have to run down the Mountains in the Park to see which one they really wanted.

pluto77

edwardtc said:
Wow, most of these are pretty funny, but this one just makes me mad. Not only was she irresponsible (and stupid) and bought food before realizing there was nowhere to sit (even though I'm sure she waded through 10,000 people just to get to the door) - AND then she lied to make herself look less like a raving idiot. Good grief....it's a good thing I'm not a CM because I would have lost it with her....
Yeah I know, maybe I shouldn't have put that story down since it's really not that funny, oh well :D the manager just happened to be giving change or something to that register when that lady came, it's a good thing he was there though. It may have taken awhile to straighten everything out leading to people getting even more upset. He stayed really calm about it, he didn't say much his face kind of turned red, but he just stood there smiling saying "Ok." I think he was trying not to be upset or maybe he was just embarrassed that she was being so idiotic. Especially since he knew that what she told him was a load of crap.
MKCP 1985 said:
Guest in Magic Kingdom: "Where is Cinderella's Castle? I didn't notice any castle when I came in the park." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (so, basically I am echoing what pluto 77 said . :) )
That's okay, I can't believe there's other people that have gotten that question from people. How can you not notice the castle? :veryconfu Like edwardtc said, there's a fine line between naive tourists and idiots

Number_6

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
As WDW vet...I find it funny when a "newbie" say's certain things. The best was about 3 weeks ago my girlfriend and I were waiting in line at the All Stars to board a bus for MK...and a lady with her family walked up to me (noticing I had my AP in my hand) and said "Excuse me...where do I get the Boarding Pass for the bus" After laughing my buns off I finally told her that the buses were free from the Resorts.:hammer: :lol: :hammer::lol: :hammer:

Actually, if you stay at the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd(the ones just after you enter Disney property from the entrance across from Crossroads Plaza), then you will find that they do give you bus passes. No one ever asks to see them, but they do exist at those hotels. So if the people had stayed at one of those hotels on a previous trip, that question would make perfect sense, because they would think that Disney forgot to give them their passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom