Funny things people say at WDW

MayKit

To Since1976 What year?

At the end of one day at MK, I overheard a father, obviously very tired, say to his wife and family: "Maybe we should have planned for more than one day at Disney World. I had no idea there was more than one park!"

What year did you hear this? If it was recently, I would imagine you'd have to have been on another planet to not know that WDW has had more than one park for almost 23 years!

MayKit

To TheMack618

YOU are the reason Stitch replaced Alien, according to them? As in people find out it was replaced and then shoot the messenger? (aka you)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
hcswingfield said:
Kid in front of us in line for Buzz Lightyear:

"Super energy! And beyond!!!"
That's TOO funny !! :lol:

Almost good enough to be a signature quote !

BTW: I like the new avatars :wave:

Miss Bell

tracyandalex said:
one of my co workers went to wdw for the first time in april. well, when she can back i asked how she liked and she said it was nice (they only went to mk cause they did other things in orlando). when i asked her what her favorite ride was she told that all of them really liked the "land of the little people" ride - i said do you mean "it's a small world" and she said the one with the little people that sing that song over & over again? i told yeah, it's called "it's a small world" :hammer:

tracy

This is an outside of WDW one: my teen-age daughter's drama friends all like to sing the beginning of "It's a Small World." One day they noticed that she was singing more than just the first two lines. They ask: Where do you know that from?" She says: "From the ride at WDW." They respond: "You mean it's a real song?" :brick:

No offense, drama people, I was one and I raised one.

ImagineAtl23

Yep

I havent overheard anything as ignorant as those things, but it annoys me in general when people think of wdw as just an amusement park, nothing more, which it is way way way way way way more in actuality.

dizpins14

I like the guests who ask if you bored the TTA at CoP or at Stitch. Is this where you get on the monorail? ummm this building says STITCH on it

cuteazabutton74

I have always loved where is Barney? I have to say that my family has been going to MK since it opened. They don't call it MK they call it Disney. Everytime we go to Orlando instead of saying we are going to Orlando they say we are going to Disney. Also, they still can't understand that WDW has more than one park. My mom thinks that Universal and Island of Adventure are all part of WDW.
Cary

PagingTomMorrow

my whole family is obsessed with disney. to the point where all 32 members of my extended family rent rooms and have what is called "thanksgiving with the mouse" and ill try to tell my mom cool stuff like about the tunnel system under the kingdom and shell say "honey thats impossible seriously you say stuff like that with such authority and do you ever get tired of being wrong" whereas i just sit there and grin with satisfaction... or my aunt asking "can you stay in the Hollywood Tower Hotel?" yes you can stay in the tower of terror so long as you dont mind the sound of falling elevators or using the stairs... god my family is stupid sometimes

edit-

just remembered. last time i went to WDW was for 4 days for thanksgiving 2004. we flew down like right after i got home from school on a tuesday. so we got there around like 9 and were all settled in our room at like 10... it had been 4 years since id been there last and i decided i just had to see the castle to sort of subconsciously convince myself i was actually there. this was easy cause i was staying at riverside so i got a bus to the TTC and just got on the monorail and said "umm i got off at the wrong monorail stop and the buses are in front of the magic kingdom" *oops* lol. the CMs are always helpful so they said sure i could get the "last monorail ride of the day to the magic kingdom" GOD THAT FELT GOOD. so anyway i get there see the magic kingdom good. ok so i see that no more busses are going to the resorts from the magic kingdom.. suddenly i get nervous and think "...great now what looks like i have to walk back across half of WDW" but then pulls up the bus to downton disney and this excites me. not only will i undoubtedly be able to get a ride home from there but this time of night ill be able to see plenty of drunk people make idiots out of themselves. so i stop off at downtown and walk to the portorleans busstop place. drunk people are talking about the election cause it was still a hot topic back then. we get on the bus and this drunk off his butt guy says "how many bus drivers you guys got" the driver says "how many do you think" (i think he could tell he was drunk and wanted to be entertained lol) and the guy replies "well at least 5 drivers per bus" and he just goes off on this long rant about how disney was started back in the 1800's and walt was Italian and that the current owners were all japanese and that TDL and DLP were all started before DL. oh boy what a great night

DisneySam

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
A woman asked me who Gary Senise was in M:S. :lol:

We got that one too...And when I said oh he was in Apollo 13. They asked, straight faced, but isn't that a Horror movie? I did not know what to say LOL.

I am trying to think of some others...at the Animal Kingdom while we were in like for KS, we overheard a man and his family questioning why the safari did not take them to Dino land (he must have thought it was a train or something)

Again the AK, "Where is the Jungle Cruise?" Staring hard at the map. My reply from walking by "At the Magic Kingdom."

In front of the castle right on the corner of Main Street "Is this a good place to watch the Fireworks"

Epcot, "Come on we have to go find the big ball ride"
Epcot, "When we get to Mexico we will stop and get you a hot dog..."

I could go on for days....LOL

Slowjack

Downtown Disney?

Once when we were leaving MK, just passing through the Town Square, I heard a man tell his wife, "This must be what they call Downtown Disney!" I hope they didn't spend too much time looking for Wolfgang Puck's.

Disney Happy

Last week while at the MK I heard a mother of a 7 or 8 year old boy who was acting up say and I quote "You have 2 minutes to be Disney Happy"

MY_NAME_STITCH

At the end of Fantasmic, when the steamboat with all of the Disney characters comes out, and Mickey at the wheel is all black and white from his debut in Steamboat Willie. I heard a woman speaking to her husband and asking, "Who's the little white mouse guy?" No, I'm not making that one up. I thought that everyone knew him....

jacksnightmare

My favorite was while waiting in line for Soarin. The line, if you can call that a line, was about 90 minutes. So needless to say we had some time to kill. I like the monitors that they have on the walls, those were fun. When we got into that part this lady comes up behind me with the most god awful voice. Think of the mom from Matilda and yells at her husband. "What are all of these people standing here for?" I couldnt stop laughing.

The same time while waiting in the line these little kids kept running back and forth. I dont know what thye were running to but their parents were a little bit in front of us. After they kept knocking into us I looked at my girlfriend and said watch this. They ran back to their parents and I yelled "No running in the line" They stopped dead in their tracks, looked up and all around and didnt move a foot for the rest of our time in the line.

hcswingfield

Palofmickey said:
Last week while at the MK I heard a mother of a 7 or 8 year old boy who was acting up say and I quote "You have 2 minutes to be Disney Happy"

I may use that. Or get it printed on a T-shirt!!!!

hcswingfield

jacksnightmare said:
The same time while waiting in the line these little kids kept running back and forth. I dont know what thye were running to but their parents were a little bit in front of us. After they kept knocking into us I looked at my girlfriend and said watch this. They ran back to their parents and I yelled "No running in the line" They stopped dead in their tracks, looked up and all around and didnt move a foot for the rest of our time in the line.

I will definitely use that one! I'll start practicing now..."NO RUNNING IN THE LINE!!!!!"

WDWBro

My brother doing crowd control at MK:

Some Guy Pointing at Castle- "What's That?"
My Brother- "Um, the castle?"
Guy- "Ok, thank you."
:brick:

My bro's friend working at EPCOT:

Lady- "Where's I think "I Think I Shrunk my Imagination?"
He was trying so hard not to laugh and pointed to the Imagination Pavillion.

And then there's the infamous "What time is the 3:00 parade?"
Which really means, "What time should I line up for the 3:00 parade?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom