Funny things people say at WDW

disneydan158

dumb questions @ Sunshine Seasons

Over the years, the cast members here will receive many dumb questions.
Here are some from the top of my head.

First picture someone looking around The Land's dining room
CM: "Can I help you"
Guest: "Where's Tower of Terror?"
CM: " Over at the Disney MGM Studios"
Guest still looking lost
CM: " Sir, right now you are in EPCOT"
Guest: "That's right, I knew that."

Guest: "What's a potato?"- Not fruit or veggie, but explain in detail what a potato actually is.

Guest: " is there mayo in the Chipotle mayo"

Guest: " Where's the sugar-free water"- Wanted to say Jell-o but said water. Found out after asking to make sure that's what they wanted.

Guest: "What's that"
ME: " Mongolian stir-fry"
Guest pointing to also pointed to the bowl next to it. In it is food that looks exactly the same as the first asks 'is that the beef stir-fry also"
ME: "Yes it is sir, would you like that for your entree."

and finally, for today.
This came for ma freiend of mine over at mission space. After hearing all the warning , and seeing that this is space themed made it all the the way to the simulator when asked if the were ready to go asked " is this test track?"

JikoMarie

I'm glad to have been directed to this thread. I just finished reading it and there are some really funny quotes here.

The quote from the guest who informed the CM that the Swiss don't really live in treehouses, in response to the Swiss Family Treehouse, was my favourite. :)

These other four are also favourites of mine:

My favorite came while standing in line for The Maelstrom. A child asked here mother "Mommy, what country is this?", and the Mother replied, "I think its Alaska Dear."

I pity this person and laugh at them. :ROFLOL:

and their question was: "Where is that Orgasmic show?"

Everytime I hear Fantasmic I too think "orgasmic". I always thought it was very risque of Disney to go with that name.

After about 20 minutes of this the mother says to the children.....
"Stop it now or Daddy will kill Mickey Mouse."

My dad used to tease that he killed Rudolph when he would go deer hunting. Killing Mickey, however, would take more effort. :veryconfu

A while back my brother and I were at the China Pavilion and caught the end of a kids tumbling act. As the crowd was dispersing after the show, my bro noticed a handful of very excited little children with their grandfather going on about how great the act was...

"Wow! Those Chinese kids were really cool, weren't they grampa?"
"Yes they were. You know what else they are?"
"Whats that?"
"Communists."

This is classic!

Some of these stories weren't funny in the least, in my opinion. Like the one about the lady knocking her daughter out of her stroller onto the pavement, almost running her over, and then getting mad at her for it. That's terrible! And the story about the Muslim man who got "teased" by the characters while trying to pray. I think this is completely disrespectful and even more disrespectful to laugh at it.

Some of these aren't that funny just because some of you are such jaded veterans that you forget the questions may not be so obvious to a first timer

I agree with Dagger. I think that many of the supposedly stupid overheard comments posted on this thread are innocent questions that many WDW guests may have. They aren't as fanatical about Disney or as prepared for their trips as many of us. So? That's no reason to feel superior to them. For instance, there's no reason why first time visitors should be expected to know where every attraction in Epcot is located. I don't see what's so dumb/funny/annoying about them asking a cast member for help.

I guess I'm about to be one of those dumb/funny/annoying guests that you speak of because, although I know more than your average person off the street about WDW, I still have a lot of questions.

I was at MK and some evil queen complained loudly throughout the park that they thought that the CBJ was very offensive.

What's the CBJ?

I love the people who walk around with a copy of Birnbaum's and you hear, "Honey, what does the book say....?"

If you are going to follow Birnbaum's that closely, go over it before you leave and then leave the book in the hotel room :)

I don't see the problem with carrying a guide book around in the parks. Afterall, it is written to "guide" you through the parks. Why would this bother you?

My favourite was on It's A Small World last week. As we sailed past the restaurant window and waved at the diners in there...

You can see people dining from IASW? What restaurant is that?

When I was there, I heard this man telling his family that there is a whole city under the Magic Kingdom, where the people even have a Wal Mart to shop at. Wouldn't Walt Disney die at the thought of a giant Wal-Mart under the Magic Kingdom? This same man claimed that all those employees live under the Magic Kingdom.

Do you think that maybe he was joking? Just pulling his family's leg? That's what it seems like to me.

In front of the castle right on the corner of Main Street "Is this a good place to watch the Fireworks"

I guess I'm just as dumb as the people who asked this but is it a good spot? :shrug:

im not joking she turned to the CM on the cash register and asked 'have you got any burgers on sale'.she was stood right in front of the sign that had all the burgers on it!!,and she was looking at it whilst she spoke!!

I think she was probably asking if there were any specials that day, as in "is there any particular burger on sale." That's a common turn of phrase around here.

At Art of Disney: "Is any of this stuff for sale?"

I can totally understand this question. The person probably thought that AoD was an art gallery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom