Funny things people say at WDW

My favorite quote EVER and it is bound to offend someone...

On my honeymoon in 2002, we were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's, next to us was a family of four and the kids were just out of control. They were yelling, screaming, bothering everyone around us ect, ect.. Now I know, its Disney and kids get excited; but, you could tell these were just bad kids. After about 20 minutes of this the mother says to the children.....
"Stop it now or Daddy will kill Mickey Mouse."

Problem solved, been laughing ever since.

DisneyDragon

EPCOT = Every Parent Carries Out a Toddler!

My funniest moment was in The Living Seas, looking into the aquarium. A little boy, with a wonderfully inquisitive mind, asked his mom, "Is that diver real?". His mom, answering truthfully, said "Honey, this is Disney, you can't be sure."

It was funny - yes, but I applaud the son and the mom - him for asking, the mom for answering truthfully.

In my many days of touring, I've had some doozies while waiting in queue...

- I had a guy almost screaming at me..."No, you idiot, it's called Treasure Island...Why would they call it Pleasure Island? There's nothing in a Disney movie called Pleasure Island!" My reply, in a cool calm voice "Did you see Pinocchio?".
- "How much does the bus to the hotel cost?"
- "If we hustle, we can do EPCOT and MGM today!"

When my sister was two or three, she used to march around the house yelling, "Sandwiches, Sandwiches, they'll be never you, man!"

It took us about two weeks to figure out she was singing "Savages" from Pocahontas.

You know, "Savages, Savages, barely even human..."

We had a good laugh.:lol:

Lyn410

When we were down in June we were boarding a bus to "Disney-MGM Studios," which on the side of the bus has to scroll Disney then MGM Studios.

The guy getting on in front of us asked the driver, "Is this bus stopping at Disney or MGM first?" The bus driver was so confused. :) And I was just trying not to giggle.

withasmile

i went to WDW in july and i heard a few funny things

- i was walking past the outpost in the worldshow case and someone asked are we in iceland? :brick:

- when my sister and i went on everest and there was this girl behind us, she looked liked she was 25-ish, thought the ride broke down when we got to the broken tracks. she started screaming..."not again!!" then after the backwards scene it stops and you watch the shadow of the yeti she started screaming again that the ride broke down and cant believe it broke down again.

MKCP 1985

Imaginationeer said:
Even though im 18, when family comes to Disney, i like to get pictures and autographs with and of the characters. You'd be surprised at the names guests have given some of these characters

. . .

Govenor Radcliffe- That Guy

That Guy

Resemblance? hmmmm . . .

:lol:

CoffeeJedi

"oh, you have to go on da big bawl foist! tha loin is soooo longge, you have to go on dat foist!" (yes, she had that accent)

Part of me really wanted to say "you know, the line disappears around lunchtime?", but i figured i didn't want to add more people to the queue when i actually wanted to ride Spaceship Earth.

I don't know if this has been posted yet...

My favorite guest question when I was a cast member was....

"What time is the #o'clock parade?"

No matter what park I worked at, I got the same question.... and they already knew the answer!!!!

celticdog

Overheard on the Monorail platform at the TTC:

Child: What resort are we staying at?
Father: Yacht and Beach Club.
Child: Will this take us there?
Father: Yes.

My thoughts: Sure, if you don't mind walking through EPCOT.:brick:

DisneyFine

When I was walking through the American Pavillion some guy came up to me and asked "Wheres the golf ball?". I could'nt help to not laugh that this man was with me infont of the lake and the BIG GOLF BALL is right there! He could not even tell me what the ride is inside! It was quite a disapointment because they have already been to the park over 3 times!:brick:

DisneyLindz

GoofyMom2 said:
My DS 6 yr old singing "It's a Small World".... the lines he says are pretty funny....Example
"It's a world of laugh, it's a world of gifts."
"It's a world of fear".

LOL :lol:

Plus he sings it in this very high voice for some reason....

Only a parent can appreciate it! :D

They should change the official lyrics to the one your son sings. It is a world of fear........a bunch of little dolls singing for hours (ok minutes.....it seems like hours) on end......CREEPY!!!

crxbrett

I just got back from my trip to WDW and have so many funny stories of obnoxious, naive, confused, rude or just plain idiotic people.

Anyways, I will share one now. My GF and I were boarding the monorail to EPCOT at the TTC. A family gets on the monorail and sits down. When the monorail starts moving one of the kids in this family asks the Mom, "How many stops does this make before we get to the Animal Kingdom?" At this point, I was smirking and expected the Mom to correct her son. But, she replied, "I think it goes to the Studios and then Typhoon Lagoon and then to Animal Kingdom". The angel on my left shoulder told me to speak up and say something. The little devil on my right shoulder told me to stay quiet. I ended up playing dumb and stayed quiet and figured that eventually they might be able to figure it out for themselves......hopefully. :D

(BTW--The signs at the entrance for the EPCOT monorail clearly say "Epcot Monorail - Monorail to Epcot - Direct service to Epcot") :hammer:

imagineer boy

I was at MK and some evil queen complained loudly throughout the park that they thought that the CBJ was very offensive.

What? :lookaroun

ilovepluto23

DisneyFine said:
When I was walking through the American Pavillion some guy came up to me and asked "Wheres the golf ball?". I could'nt help to not laugh that this man was with me infont of the lake and the BIG GOLF BALL is right there! He could not even tell me what the ride is inside! It was quite a disapointment because they have already been to the park over 3 times!:brick:

It's things like this that make me so ashamed of the human race :( :brick:

Chape19714

My favorites are:
The guy who asked if the Monorail would take him to Pop Century.
What time is the 3'oclock parade?

And countless others, that I don't remember.

DisneyBride94

noname70 said:
Upon returning from his recent WDW Vacation, my friend insisted again and again that "Animal PLANET" was the best of the four theme parks. :brick:

Gosh, last year my 14 month old knew that Animal Kingdom was Animal Kingdom...and "notazoo" or whatever....

He kept telling us so.

kengrace

Boneyard = tree of life???

This is a great one! I worked as a CM @ The Boneyard @ DAK, and a Guest looked at the big 3 level scaffolding (that makes up part of the Boneyard), and asked why the tree of life has no leaves on it??? :brick: :hammer:

DisneyBride94

Pumbaas_Bug said:
When we where at MK last year we stopped to meet Robin Hood, and some guy says to his wife, "Hey honey look! It's Peter Pan!"

Too funny....but I must ask, and this has been bugging me for some time now.... WHat is the name of the little female mouse that is so chummy with Cinderella? (I think she is a doormouse or something?) Please do tell me what her name is. :)

I have been thrown of by Timon and Pumba when put on the spot...I have to keep reminding myself that Pumba is the one with the gas problem. LOL. :lol: And I can't tell you the names of all the Country Bears (as I think they are creepy)

Chape19714

DisneyBride94 said:
Too funny....but I must ask, and this has been bugging me for some time now.... WHat is the name of the little female mouse that is so chummy with Cinderella? (I think she is a doormouse or something?) Please do tell me what her name is. :)

I have been thrown of by Timon and Pumba when put on the spot...I have to keep reminding myself that Pumba is the one with the gas problem. LOL. :lol: And I can't tell you the names of all the Country Bears (as I think they are creepy)
I believe her name is Perla. One of our more comedic members had a date with her, it's in Chit Chat. :lol:

The bears are pretty simple, the big one is Big Al, along with Liverlips. The rest get confusing. :lol: Zeek and Zed and Ted and Fred and bear named Tennessee.

Dj Corona

E.very P.ocketbook C.omes O.ut T.hinner is another one i've heard.

I've seen and heard a lot of funny and bizzare stuff at WDW,(you gotta admit people-watching at "The World" is an attraction all to itself!).True story from last year, here goes....It's Frontierland at night - EMH. A woman is pushing her small daughter along in one of the SUV-sized rent-a-strollers. Now, this woman is pushing the thing like she's got places to go, people to see...haulin' butt, when the rest of her party stops, and yells for her attention. The woman stops the stroller so fast, the child gets shot out of it like a cannon. Or least she would've, except one of her feet catches the bottom lip of the stroller and, you guessed it, SPLAT! The kid's almost out cold,on the ground, no idea what just hit her, the mother's totally oblivious to it, until she goes to start pushing the stroller again, almost running the girl over until she sees her on the ground.
She goes over, yokes her daughter up while yelling, "What did I tell you...how many times do I have to tell you stay in the stroller!!" This woman works herself into such a frenzy, she's shaking and just whaling away on her kid with the classic line, "See, see what your making me do? Because you never listen, now i have to do this, and now your embarassing me in public!! See what you've done! Why do you always have to embarass us in public like this?! When will you learn?"
For some reason, still to this day whenever I see or hear parents yelling at children, it's the first thing that pops in my head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom