Funny things people say at WDW

campdisney

You heard it from the horses mouth guys!!! As a cm at Epcot, while at tipboard, I get the following questions:

Where do I get the test pass for the fast track?

Where is university of energy?

How can I get from walmart from here?

Where's the ET Ride?

Can I get to the countries by monorail?

IS THIS RIDE TO THE FOLLOWING:

KIDCOT IN INNOVENTIONS
HOUSE OF INNOVENTIONS
WHILE DOING EXTRA MAGIC HOURS
AND AT BUG TUNNEL

While doing emh (extra magic hours in mexico mind you) they ask me the following:

How long is the wait from here to test track?

Is this where you enter for test track?

Is this where you get the bracelets?(while i'm holding them and there's the big blue sign)

Where can I get to living with the seas?

Where's flying?

Where's mission to space? to mars? space mars?

Where's cars?

Where's the car ride?

Where are the dinosaurs? (refering to universe of energy)

Where can I find a chocolate chip cookie? (I know that's not a stupid question but I love that one for some reason)

If I go on I-Drive, can I get to busch gardens from here?

Where's the exit? :brick: If you don't remember where you came in, you're a lost cause seriously.

At "where's the fire? inside innoventions:

Do I need to be dressed for this?

While at bug tunnel....I get asked "what is this? "and is this a ride?"

Where is spaceship earth?

25 years ago I was here and there was this ride.....~_~;;; I'm only 24. Do I look like I've been working 25 years?

Where is that ride with the do hickeys? ~_~;

Where's figments ride?

Where's CRUSH?!!!!

Where can I get some cigars?

Where can I get some fried chicken?

Is there a subway in the park?

I lost my husband, can you PAGE HIM!!?! LMAO! HA HA ~_~; no ma'am and point her straight to guest relations.

Where can I get some whiskey?

Are we in disney world?

Is this part of disney world?

Where's nemo?

Where's the boat ride?

Where's The living land?

Where's SAURUS?? XD!! My favorite so far

Can I use my fast passes in other parks?

Can I get to universal using the monorails? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you have change for a 50?! LMAO! :zipit:

IS THAT A RIDE? pointing to spaceship earth.

While at character connections: Is this a ride? What are we in line for?

wHAT ARE THE BRACELETS FOR?

Where is number 3, 6, 7, 8 >_>;; I don't memorize maps thank you very much....maybe I should.

and last but not least:

HOW MUCH ARE THE TICKETS TO BUSCH GARDENS, SEA WORLD AND UNIVERSAL? and can I buy them here?
You're a CM, right? Granted some of the questions you posted do seem idiotic or even down right ridiculous (like tickets to Univeral) -- but isn't your job to help people that may not know where things are at the park?

Why is someone asking where different attractions are so darn amusing to you? If someone hadn't been to Epcot before or its been a while since their last visit, why would they know the proper names of all the rides or where they're located?

I find it disconcerting that you seem to be laughing at guests just because they don't know the in & outs of the park as well as you do -- you a trained employee who's job it is to help guests find their way. Heck, I've spent many days at Epcot on both my WDW trips and haven't ever heard of a "bug tunnel" before your post. Are you going to make fun of me on some message board if I ask about it on my next trip? Sheesh! :mad:

This is true, and the guest was deadly serious when they asked it. I worked at Disneyland when Fantasmic! was still relatively new (1994-1995) and their question was: "Where is that Orgasmic show?" I don't think I ever had to work so hard to keep a straight face.

Oh,my stomach hurts so bad from laughing at that one...the tears wont stop either...lol:lol: :lol:

GoofyMom2

Oh, had to add this one........sorry :wave:

Walking through Fantasyland past Pooh's Play Spot and hearing a dad tell his family the tree in there is the Tree of Life!

:hammer:

wedway71

Oh, had to add this one........sorry :wave:

Walking through Fantasyland past Pooh's Play Spot and hearing a dad tell his family the tree in there is the Tree of Life!

:hammer:

Hi fellow Hoosier:wave:
When we went to Epcot my mom went to the FRENCH Pavillion bakery and asked it the cheese cake was made with ITALIAN CHEESCAKE.

DisneyDellsDude

We're just about to the area in the Mission Space line where they put you in the rows as a flight crew. Everyone still has their green / orange card. We're on the green side, and on the orange side, we hear someone ask a castmember, "This is Soarin', right?"

I know the two rides kinda have a similar "flying" theme, but come on, they're on the spinning side of M:S.

Expo_Seeker40

I went to Epcot a few days ago and heard atleast 5 familes say while in Future World say "I can't find Future World, there's nothing here that says its Future World" :hammer:

Also one father was literally shocked by when his daughters came running up to him saying that there was a ride inside the "Epcot ball" called "Siemen's Earth" :lookaroun :lol: Even with that the father was amazed that there was a ride inside the geosphere and yet they were standing to the side watching people walk into the entrance door!

DisneyLover10

"Is this like the Sears Tower elevator?"

Granted I was on Tower Of Terror, and unless people scream their heads off while riding the elevator in the sears tower than NO! LMAO "Mommy, lets go to the womens fashion *gets into elevator* AHHHHHHH MOMMY MAKE IT STOP"

EpcotGrl

When a friend & I visited last June, she got a call from her dad so we paused in a "quiet" spot in FantasyLand in front of the stroller parking. As she was talking, I noticed a girl (about 16-ish) walk by once, then twice. She stopped, stared hard at the "Stroller Parking" sign, then turned and asked me:
"Is this the Haunted Mansion?" :lol:

holy crap! an old thread bump!
i have to warn you it is bad practice to bump old threads.
but welcome to the the fourm!:)

LOL...if thats the case, why are you replying to it?(still laughing) I am not new here, been here since 2003, I just dont put things into the fourms that often, sometimes for this reason right here. What differance does it make if someone revives a thread, it made me laugh, I shared it, after all this is what its all about here..
Warning me? Bad practice?? oh, daa-daaa dear...give me a break.
(looks below and sees that others have added more stories, love it)If they wanted people to stop posting in a thread they would lock it out. Im not on here to get into petty arguments about what YOU think I should be or not be responsing to the fourms on here.
Im here to laugh,share stories and tips from others.
You need to go take a trip to the "laughing place":p

Magicmyway

So while working at Liberty Square Merchandise at the Haunted Mansion Cart literally around the corner from the Haunted Mansion I would get asked wheres the haunted mansion.... simply answered with a point, another commonly asked was why isnt there bathrooms located in Liberty? It just wasnt there in the true colonial days and my favorite was at night when the castle would glow and the guests would ask where it was... just cross the bridge! hehe! And to my absolute favorite was when asked by a guest when he asked where the monorail was so I gave directions and he said now that goes around the whole park and I said no that would be the train... Good times at Disney

hrcollectibles

"FIRST POST!!

I don't think I've seen this posted yet, and I'm kind of surprised. I'm a Disney Freak, hopefully going into the WDWCP spring 2007 .

Anyway, story: Me and my friends were hanging out in our dorm when we put in the first potc. We're watching it for a while when my friend turns to me and goes, "Why is the ride so different from the movie? Wouldn't they want to make the ride as close to the movie?" So I asked, "Aly, which one do you think came first?". Aly, "The movie of course!"

At that point I just sat down and shook my head."

At least she knew there was a ride. One of my Friends gf's looked shocked when I told here there was a POTC ride. I asked if she had ever been to Disney she said yes but had no idea there was a ride

H20Babie

Guilty!

Ok, while I (think) I have never asked a stupid question, I have done stupid things. The most memorable, and, yes, go ahead and laugh, but I had baby brain (you moms know what I'm talking about!).

So, the ONE time we stayed off property, we drove to Epcot. I was in charge of driving that day and so I also had the responsibility of parking the car and noting where I parked it. Well, closing time comes, and we head to the parking lots.

"Where are we parked?" asks my (now-Ex) husband.
"Right in front of Spaceship Earth", I replied.

:brick: Spaceship Earth, round, could be anywhere!!!

LOL. So, there's my most stupid (and embarrassing) Disney moment! The laughs are on me!

wedway71

Hello back! :wave:

I'm actually right outside of Indy..... it's just too far from WDW, isn't it..... :cry:

And would u believe i just moved here 6 months ago from FLA(3 hours from WDW).Im in mgt with target and here I got transferred-EVER close by Southport Super Target say hi:wave:

wedway71

:wave:
"FIRST POST!!

I don't think I've seen this posted yet, and I'm kind of surprised. I'm a Disney Freak, hopefully going into the WDWCP spring 2007 .

Anyway, story: Me and my friends were hanging out in our dorm when we put in the first potc. We're watching it for a while when my friend turns to me and goes, "Why is the ride so different from the movie? Wouldn't they want to make the ride as close to the movie?" So I asked, "Aly, which one do you think came first?". Aly, "The movie of course!"

At that point I just sat down and shook my head."

At least she knew there was a ride. One of my Friends gf's looked shocked when I told here there was a POTC ride. I asked if she had ever been to Disney she said yes but had no idea there was a ride

Small world.I just to INDY from Ft myers(Actually Cape Coral)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom