funniest overheard parent comment

DizneyPryncess

Ha, these are too funny. I like the Walmart comment!

Last time I was in Disney, this little girl was crying and her mom goes "Stop crying! Mickey Mouse doesn't like little girls who cry! Do you want Mickey Mouse to hate you?"

I thought that was the meanest thing ever....but still funny in a way.

Laura

Premium Member
This wasn't a parent comment, but a big sister comment.

While waiting in line for the Jungle Cruise the girl behind me looked about 14 years old and she said to her younger brother, "this ride must be new, it wasn't here last time I came."

Laura

Premium Member
Heard while riding the monorail (looking out at MK) "Look its Disney world!" "Hey kids see the castle, thats Mickey Mouse Castle. Thats where Mickey lives"

I actually tell my 3 year old that the Castle is Mickey Mouse's house. It's easier for him to remember than Cinderella.

Nemmy

Parent: *pointing to Test Track* There's Fast Track! I think we should Test Pass it!

The sick thing was, that parent didn't know any better...

Parent: What do you mean, Expedition Everest isn't open? I'm sueing Disney!

Parent: *to kid* Son, look at the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster building. It's tiny. No WAY that it's gonna be scary!
Kid: OK, let's ride!
(I had the misfortune of sitting behind the dad and the kid.)
Parent: Son, this is going to be boring. Let's talk on this ride.
Son: Hm...about what? The Green Bay Pac - AAAAAAH!!!!!!
(The coaster had just launched.)
*getting off* Son: Relaxing ride, eh?

Testtrack321

gobuckeye@wdw said:
Indy 95 and I will definately remember this one.

We were not there when it happened but our uncle mike (who is the best story teller in the world) told us about it!!! Ok here it goes: I think this was about 5 or 6 yrs ago. My uncle and my aunt are sitting on a bench on Main Street waiting for the 10PM parade to begin. As it gets close to parade time the CM's clear the streets as you all know!!! So as the parade is coming down Main Street these two young children jump into the parade path and start dancing around. This is when their huge, 300 pound, mother screams in a VERY SOUTHERN VOICE: "GET OVER HERE YOU STUPID MORONS!!!!!!!" At this point she turns to my uncle and say to him: "Sometimes I just have to do that!!!" and smiles. What's funny about the smile is that she only have one tooth in the front of her mouth!!!!!

Now I'm not the type of person who likes to steriotype people but you can probably catch my drift!!!!!:lol:

Ah, those stories... brings back memories of riding Millionaire 20 times in a row...

Indy95

I love Millionaire. Didn't you guys see every Millionaire show in a day at MGM? Oh well, back to business, and our storyteller uncle.

He also gave us this one:

They (uncle and aunt) were in Epcot waiting in line for a ride when the two old people, an old lady and a man smoking a pipe, behind them starting yammering. The old lady says, "You should stay awake for these rides! They're very educational! And they're fun! Why can't you stay up?! You always do this!" (etc.) After listening to this racket for awhile, and smoking his pipe for quite some time, the old man finally burst out, "You know, maybe I'd enjoy it more if you didn't NAG me so much! You ALWAYS NAG! NAG NAG NAG NAG! You know...if I were DEAD you wouldn't be nagging me!"

So a day later in Epcot, our aunt and uncle are walking to Test Track and they find THE EXACT SAME PIPE the man was smoking right there on the ground! So they just said to each other, "He did it!" :lol:

yensidtlaw1969

FanofDinsey1981 said:
I died laughing.
Right there in Fantasyland!?!?! :dazzle: :cry: :lookaroun

On the monorail I overheard a boy talking to his aunt. His aunt had obviously never been theree before as she kept saying it was her first time. She askedther nephew what the names of the parks were again. He, ofcourse, said Disney World, Epcot, Universal Studios :brick: and Sea World :cry: :hurl: :brick: . The Aunt then proceded to say " Wow! I bet you know more about this place than Bugs Bunny, AND HE LIVES HERE!!! :brick: :hurl: I exploded on them all, right there on the monorail, in front of everyone.

mwc1996

My Family was at MGM last Tuesday and I overheard a lady talking to her husband when they entered the park that nothing looked like it did last time they were here. I saw them again a few hours later and overheard the lady teller her husband "that's where Back to the Future used to be. I know where we are now" as she was looking at Star Tours. I told my wife that I had to go tell them that this was Disney and not Universal but she grabbed my arm and we went about our merry way. :zipit:

LoriMistress

DisJosh said:
That sounds like something I would say out loud to be goofy lol. So...maybe just maybe he was kidding. If not... :brick: :lol:
The sadest thing about it...he wasn't kidding. He was frustrated and annoyed.

j_dp456

Funny Story

We were vacationing with another family to WDW and the dad in the other family was the most boring guy in the world. He auctually brought a paper with him to EVERY park EVERY day! And if that doesn't send you falling on the floor crying for help. He wore a dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes to the all the parks! Now brace yourself because he then got in line for Dinosaur ( the only ride he had been on the whole trip) and was reading while the ride was going on! It's a dark ride! It made me mad how all he wanted to do was ruin our fun. He should have just stayed home.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

:sohappy:Going to WDW in 14 days!:sohappy:

Tinkwannabe

I heard this guy (at DL), said in an annoying/frustrated tone, "How come there are so many kids here?!" Uh...hello! It's DL!

Actually, my boyfriend and I always sigh loudly and say (in jest, of course), "Walt Disney World would be so much more fun if it wasn't for all these darned kids!"

But we're just big kids ourselves when we're there.

MainSt1993

The problem with the back doors, is that we can only see the actual stairs... we cannot see outside of the bus. When we see the last person off, we wait a second for them to clear the door, and then move the handle to the closed position. Depending on the bus, the door sometimes takes a split second to start to close. It's during that time that many people choose to ignore the "EXIT ONLY" (x2) "STAND CLEAR" (x2) and "DO NOT ENTER" (English & spanish on some) signs. Of course, as they enter, the driver is now paying attention to the folks entering the bus, so they don't see when the guest is trying to sneak in, until the door alarm goes off. I usually get on the PA and tell the guests that the just like the sign says, the back door is exit only, and you should not enter because those doors will close on them. I usually get a glare. (Funny thing is, this almost always happens at a deluxe resort only)

:lol: :lol: Probably the first time they'd ever BEEN on a bus!!:lol: :lol:

MainSt1993

Like Ron White said in his last show, "You can't fix stupid."

I have two favorites in this category:

Disney story: I was working in the Emporium, and heard a commotion so turned around to see what was going on. It was what appeared to just be siblings being siblings. I would have completely and immdiately lost interest, but for a furious mother who thunders past me over to the children, quickly assesses the situation and said, "Jarmel, if you don't quit I'm gonna knock yo' neck off!!!" The suddenly sullen look on all of the children's faces made me think that maybe they'd seen her do that before and it wasn't pretty?

Smithsonian story: At the National Museum of American History, we hear parents/grandparents give misinformation to their children constantly. It's usually silly stuff, but one stuck out as particularly egregious. While pointing to a painting depicting the Revolutionary War battle of Valcour Bay - a location on Lake Champlain in NY State - a grandfather explained to his grandchildren that that was where Columbus freed the Hebrews from France. :veryconfu

slappy magoo

Actually, my boyfriend and I always sigh loudly and say (in jest, of course), "Walt Disney World would be so much more fun if it wasn't for all these darned kids!"

But we're just big kids ourselves when we're there.

I do this all the time when I'm there. Usually when I'm surrounded by obnoxious kids. Techincally, I'm joking...but I always LOOK like I mean it.

WDWBro

While pointing to a painting depicting the Revolutionary War battle of Valcour Bay - a location on Lake Champlain in NY State - a grandfather explained to his grandchildren that that was where Columbus freed the Hebrews from France. :veryconfu

:lookaroun

iheartdisney91

ok mine was in mgm and its a little gross;)

boy comes out of the bathroom he's like 5ish
MOM-you ok?
boy-yes....i need help
mom-with what?
he opens his diaper yeah he had a diaper not sure if thats to old for one but he had one
mom screaming -ewww whipe your buttt!!!!!
it was so funny i saw the whole thing while waiting for my family to get finished in the bathroom.

no lie :lol: then we went to the sye-fye resturant lol

My Favorites:

(At All Star Music)

My best friend Kate, calling the front desk: Hi, our friend is sick, and even though it's probably nothing, she has cystic fibrosis, so if you could just give us the number to a 24/Hour clinic, that'd be great.

Click. "Hello, 911 Emergency."

Kate: Um, hello? Is this...Disney 911 or...regular 911?

My Dad: You were drunk ON a ride? How is that possible?
Kate: Well, Daddy Dale, they have some delicious Guiness in England...you know, at Boringcot. Snored-a-lotcot. Rather-eat-my-armcot.

My friend Deanna: (after exiting American Adventure) I hate Epcot. It's...like school.

Deanna (in our Mears Shuttle departing WDW): So who do I write a check to?
Kate: What do you mean?
Deanna: Well, I've been using that Debit card thing of mine. Don't I like, have to write out a check to the WDW people?"
Kate: Didi, are you telling me you don't know how your debit card works?
Deanna: Um...my mom keeps it hidden from me when I'm home!
Kate: How old are you?
Deanna: 20.
Kate: Wow.

MGM CM: (to Kate and Deanna) Alright, run to the front of the park and get her a wheelchair. Miss? (to Jenny) Miss, are you alright? Is there any medication you've taken today? (To me) Has she taken any meds today?

Me: (Jenny had taken Bonine, motion sickness drug) YES! She took bowtox so she wouldn't be sick on the rides!
CM: Um...what?

4 Year Old Cousin Britt: (to man at Spectro) Sir? Why do you has no teeth?
Man: I never ate vegetables or brushed my teeth when I was little.
Britt: Didn't you listen to your Mommy?

My friend Matt: (drunk on the big ball) Dude, it's...like...the ceiling. Of the whole wide world.
Me: Wow. You're trashed after ONE Guiness? Lightweight.
Matt: Yep. But I'm still hot, so what does it matter?

Matt: (at MK, still a little drunk) What's that over there?
Me: Storytime with Belle.
Matt: Oh.
Matt: (Five min. later as we're near the wishing well.) Wait, she's hot...which Princess is that again?
Me: Matt. Storytime with BELLE.
Matt: Right, sorry.
Matt: (15 min. later as we wait for Mary Poppin's autograph) Hey, there was like a show going back over there...right over there...do you know what it was?
Me: YES, MATT. IT WAS STORY TIME WITH FREAKIN' BELLE.
Matt: You don't have to be MEAN about it.
Matt: (20 min later at dinner, to Kate and Jeff) Yeah, and Amy and I saw this Story show about Jasmine and that pet tiger she has.

Matt: (Yes, still a little drunk) If I were a duck....I'd live at Disneyworld.

My dad and Uncle Frank on the phone: So, let us get this straight. Because Jenny's been sick, you haven't stayed back at the hotel. You just got a wheelchair to push her around in? And you've gotten to the front of ALL the lines? Wow, you guys are goin' to hell...:lol:

God, I love Disney....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom