funniest overheard parent comment

Scooter

I don't know about the Funniest comments, but I believe that I, MYSELF, have made the DUMMEST comment at WDW.

My wife and I were standing in line to get our picture taken with a character.
I think it was Tigger, but I forget now.

Just as we got close to the front of the line, Tigger decided he needed a break and a castmember told everyone that Tigger would be back in 20 minutes.

One of the ladies behind me said to her child.." I wonder where Tigger went?"

And me, without thinking, blurted out " I believe they can only be out in the Florida heat so long before they get a break because it gets so hot in those costumes"

The ladies kid looked at his Mom and said "Costumes?"

Then I got dirty looks from about 15 Mothers AND my wife.

I have never been so embarrased in my life..I just wasnted to disappear. :eek:

crazygirley

Scooter said:
I don't know about the Funniest comments, but I believe that I, MYSELF, have made the DUMMEST comment at WDW.

Just as we got close to the front of the line, Tigger decided he needed a break and a castmember told everyone that Tigger would be back in 20 minutes.

And me, without thinking, blurted out " I believe they can only be out in the Florida heat so long before they get a break because it gets so hot in those costumes"

Oh no! That sounds like something I would say!!! I am sure you wanted to just crawl in a hole!

phlydude

That's like my wife saying in the mall on Saturday:

Me : Look who's here already!

Wife : Wow, he looks so real! Real beard and everything - not the typical mall santa with the fake beard reaking of booze.

Me : (dragging her away quickly) You do realize that there are a bunch of little kids and parents that heard you just then, right?

Wife : Oh, I don't think about these things - I don't have kids to worry about yet!

Somehow, I think she'd be the one to let the cat out of the bag in our children's all too innocent youth...

AEfx

disgolfer said:
I, unfortunately, have to say that the funniest that I have heard in a while came from my 73 year old grandfather while waiting for the bus at Epcot two weeks ago. The bus pulled up, and he says to the bus driver, "Are you going to Ft. Wilderness?" Let's think. The sign at the bus stop says FW, and the sign on the bus says FW. I can see how it was easy for him to get confused.
Hey, your Grandpa was smart. I was on my way back to my resort on my last trip, and I got on a bus that had my resort name on it. It wasn't until it started to take off and I heard other passengers talking that I found out the driver hadn't changed the sign, and it was actually going to a completely different resort.

So now, I tend to make sure - some bus drivers are more with it than others. :)

AEfx

DisneyPhD

Scooter said:

My friend's sister is has a part time job at WDW being Mickey Mouse. However if you talk to her about it she is adimit that she is "friends with Micky Mouse." and that is her conection. No playing Mickey here. She says it is a great job. How did she get it? She is 4 foot 11 inches!

Invero

General Grizz said:
At Philharmagic a month ago. This took place where Flounder looks out at the audience and says, "Cool.". . .

Father: Look at the fish! Do you remember his name?
Son: Yeah!
Father: Nemo!
LOL, that happened the other night as well... *sigh*

MagicMan17

Scooter said:

What do you mean costumes??? :veryconfu

ddbutts1

Last month we went to Disneyland, while leaving Adventureland I overheard a kid of about 11 ask his Mom if they had to "walk" on The Jungle Cruise!

LoriMistress

Sledge said:
I posted it on here before but thought it was so funny even though it's not exactly a parent comment but a kids:

One of the funniest Disney moments was when Jafar was out by the Jungle Cruise. This boy, probably no older than 7 was with his mom and she said something like want to go give him a high five and he got these big bug eyes and said dead seriously, "DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS! IT'S THAT GUY THAT HATES US!". She asked what he meant and he says "I forget his name. Sumtin' like Omar Big Aladdin." She asked if he means Osama and he said "Yeah! Asthma Big Aladdin!" I laughed my butt off that someone that young would even know about all that and that he thought Jafar was the same guy as Osama, and the way he butchered his name was probably the best. Needless to say his mom just about peed her pants. lol
That is priceless; that made me laugh! How you doin' Sludge? Long time no see, eh?

pilka214

oh this is one of my friends,

they are staying at pop culture and the 22 yr. old sister (who is and ap and has been all her life) calls guest services, and asks " yes when does disney world open" and the lady says " you are in disney world" and my friends sister goes "yes but when does it open"...................... but its ok cuz shes a blonde/ :brick: :brick:

DisneyPhD

Ok, I am streching it here, it wasn't at Disney but at home and it was a kid who said it, my kid.

Little PhD was 2 years old when she said look mom , it's "Tuna moon acotta."
She was pointing to the ceral box "bugs and mud" with Tomon and Pumba.

I said, "You mean Hakuna Matata?" She said yes, Atuna moon acotta!

I still remember that today. I need to keep a journal of these things.

sillyspook13

I had this conversation with a woman at the Pocahontas show.....

Woman: (after seeing the rats run by) "Were they real?"
Me: "Yes, ma'am."
Woman: (after the porcuipine walks by) "How about that one?"
Me: "The porcuipine was real too."
Woman: "Are all the animals real?"
Me: "Yes, ma'am."
Woman: "How do they get them to do that?"
Me: "Time and patience........"

LoriMistress

I guess this is a funny parent/kid story. We were in Epcot where they play the Goofy Fitness/Health video. This little girl about five was dancing around, acting out some of the scenes, and singing. The father, on the other hand was getting a little impatience. When the little girl wanted to watch the video again, the father yelled, "FIVE TIMES NOW!!! THIS IS THE FIFTH TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS!!! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!" But the girl wanted to watch the Goofy video. At first, he tried to "leave her there" but she ignored him and continued to perform, then he lost his patience and tried picking her up but she ran off and my DH had to trap her from the aisle in order for the father to pick up his daugther and to check out another attraction. I thought it was so funny, just the dad yelling at the fact that this was the fifth time she had seen it in a row and didn't want to see anything else.

Dr.Seeker

LoriMistress said:
I guess this is a funny parent/kid story. We were in Epcot where they play the Goofy Fitness/Health video. This little girl about five was dancing around, acting out some of the scenes, and singing. The father, on the other hand was getting a little impatience. When the little girl wanted to watch the video again, the father yelled, "FIVE TIMES NOW!!! THIS IS THE FIFTH TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS!!! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!" But the girl wanted to watch the Goofy video. At first, he tried to "leave her there" but she ignored him and continued to perform, then he lost his patience and tried picking her up but she ran off and my DH had to trap her from the aisle in order for the father to pick up his daugther and to check out another attraction. I thought it was so funny, just the dad stapping at the fact that this was the fifth time she had seen it in a row and didn't want to see anything else.

Lol, i haven't even seen it once. Maybe I should pay more attention to it..

sillyspook13

Yesterday Veryl was playing the part of Kiume in Festival of the Lion King. (For those of you who don't know, Veryl has appeared on television and in several movies.) At the end of every show he greets some of the children in the audience on his way offstage. This particular show, he gave a little boy a high five. The boy's mom then said, "Don't you ever wash that hand again!" :lol:

Lokheed

One evening as I was leaving the Magic Kingdom and waiting at the TTC for a tram, I overheard one mother saying to another mother, "oh, we change the lyrics to 'Yo, yo, yo, yo, a pirate's life for me!' We don't like the children hearing the word 'ho' in our household."

Christmas must be a real joy around their place. ("Yo, yo, yo, Merry Christmas!")

DisJosh

LoriMistress said:
I heard this guy (at DL), said in an annoying/frustrated tone, "How come there are so many kids here?!" Uh...hello! It's DL!

That sounds like something I would say out loud to be goofy lol. So...maybe just maybe he was kidding. If not... :brick: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom