Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
First off, after reading the latest update, i have to say i am thrilled that our Dessert Party attendees will be able to be included in the session with Marty Sklar. What a great honor! Marty is the man, and i had suspected from the hints that he would be involved somehow. Fantastic now knowing that i will be able to witness this....wowee! Adam, be sure to thank "our friend" for his kind gift!

Next up: The topic regarding possible new threads for coverage of the actual Event. About a month ago i was thinking about this very topic, about how it would be best to start a NEW thread all about Celebration 25 coverage. Folks could then post all the hot news and updates there, and spare this thread from overload. It will also make it easier for everyone to stay updated and follow along at home! I want EVERYONE, even if they are not actually there physically, to have the chance to join in the fun "virtually" right here on WDWMagic.Com through the Magic of the internet!

I was also thinking that it would be a good idea to have a 2nd thread containing all the hundreds of photos people will be eager to share with the community here. So my plan was to also start a "Celebration 25 Event Photo" thread for just pix. It would be nice to have a seperate photo thread i think, as it will make the job easier for us when the time comes Post-Event to round up pictures for the forthcoming book release. :)

If everyone is cool with this, i will go ahead and start them Wednesday night before i leave for FL. I figured i would post them a few days early, so folks visiting can see them, be aware of them exsisting, and start posting the very first updates asap once On Property.

Sound good?

sillyspook13

It should be a truly great moment in history! Since I can't say this without giving up some information, I am just going to give you all some instructions...
  1. If you are attending the Illuminations Dessert Party, you will not need to register for Marty Sklar's session.
  2. If you are attending our Illuminations Dessert Party, you automatically have a seat reserved for one of the two sessions during the day (one after our group photo and one tentatively around 4:30 p.m.).
  3. These are free tickets, but they are a gift from my *source* within the company. He feels very strongly about thanking our group for our dedication, and in feeling so strongly, felt strongly about giving something back to us.
  4. To my best understanding, you will be able to ask Marty questions during his sessions.
  5. Only confirmed attendees with wristbands for our dessert party will recieve their tickets. No additional members of your party not attending the dessert party will be given tickets. We have been given only enough to cover those attending our dessert party, so unfortunately, those not attending need to register for the sessions on their own to attend.
Hope that clears up some of the confusion. Mind you, that is just one part of the bigger surprise. There is still more to it all! :animwink:

This is awesome!!!:sohappy:

jasondiff

Is there any way to get put on the wait list for the dessert party? Please, please, please!

PM me with your name, email, and cell phone #, I have a waiting list going, basically if people call me at the last minute and can't make it to the dessert party, I can give their spot to someone else and refund their money.

I was also thinking that it would be a good idea to have a 2nd thread containing all the hundreds of photos people will be eager to share with the community here. So my plan was to also start a "Celebration 25 Event Photo" thread for just pix. It would be nice to have a seperate photo thread i think, as it will make the job easier for us when the time comes Post-Event to round up pictures for the forthcoming book release. :)

If everyone is cool with this, i will go ahead and start them Wednesday night before i leave for FL. I figured i would post them a few days early, so folks visiting can see them, be aware of them exsisting, and start posting the very first updates asap once On Property.

Sound good?

I like it, one thread for live updates and a separate thread for pics. But if people want to post up-to-the-minute pics in the live update thread, that should be allowed while the event is happening. The pic thread could be used for recap, after-the-event uploaded pics.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yes that was what i was thinking ....folks can naturally post pix in BOTH...but if they post in the "live updates" one i would recommend also posting your best photos in the "virtual photo album" thread.

Sounds like a plan!

:)

Lee

Adventurer
PM me with your name, email, and cell phone #, I have a waiting list going, basically if people call me at the last minute and can't make it to the dessert party, I can give their spot to someone else and refund their money.

Speaking of which....due to work/school interference, there's a good chance my wife won't be making it. I'll know for sure by the end of the week. That would free up one dessert spot. :wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I spent most of today packing for the upcoming trip...and i am having a hard time fitting everything in! Frustrating yes, and a rare thing for me as usually i have plenty of space. I always do carry-on...thus the size limits.

I am trying to rework my load so that there is more room for things i will surely be bringing back with me....such as a lot of 25th Merch and who knows what else. Who needs clothing anyway.....being sure i have space for all the stuff i will be bringing back is more important! :lol:

I am still determined to bring my original ancient Figment plush...and my costume for MNSSHP Friday. If it looks like the Halloween Party will be a washout on Friday, i may not bother to bring the costume after all. But the plush WILL be there no matter what...that is my determined goal!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I noticed there's some walled off new kiosk looking areas near the kennel club...any chance those are going to be used for registration?

sillyspook13

I sent an email a while back asking that my dad be added to my mom's party for the free event. Should she have received a confirmation email for him? Is there any way to tell if he was added?

jedimaster1227

I sent an email a while back asking that my dad be added to my mom's party for the free event. Should she have received a confirmation email for him? Is there any way to tell if he was added?

If I recieved your email, I have updated the roster to include him. If you want to PM me with the name of your party, I can double check for you!

I noticed there's some walled off new kiosk looking areas near the kennel club...any chance those are going to be used for registration?

Nope. Those are the security booths being installed. We are still using foldable tables out front. Nothing too special on professional standards, but perfect for our purpose.

HinunterZuNich

Quick few questions!

1) There is not going to be any busses running from any resorts in time for registration on Monday AM? I am coming down solo with no car and I am trying to figure out how to get to the park!

2) Is it still possible to be added to the Dessert Party waiting list?

Thanks!

M

PS -- anyone staying at Pop Century, PM me!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Quick few questions!

1) There is not going to be any busses running from any resorts in time for registration on Monday AM? I am coming down solo with no car and I am trying to figure out how to get to the park!

2) Is it still possible to be added to the Dessert Party waiting list?

Thanks!

M

PS -- anyone staying at Pop Century, PM me!

Buses start running 1 hour prior to park open, which I believe will give you time o register on Sunday or Monday.

Disney_Freak429

Buses start running 1 hour prior to park open, which I believe will give you time o register on Sunday or Monday.

Very true but if you are in the area I strongly suggest trying to be there Sunday since it will be a lot less hetic than Monday will be.

Only 6 days until I leave for my four day journey down yippie!!!:sohappy:

jasondiff

Very true but if you are in the area I strongly suggest trying to be there Sunday since it will be a lot less hetic than Monday will be.

Only 6 days until I leave for my four day journey down yippie!!!:sohappy:

This is a good point to note for everyone, if you can get there Sunday morning to register, it will be better for both you and for us behind the table!

Sunday the table will be open 7-10am, and Monday it will be open only from 7-9am. We will be closing the table promptly at 9am on Monday so everyone can make their way into the park and get a spot for the rededication. So don't be late!

thephantomsgirl

At the moment I am not scheduled at Soarin' for Sunday, so if that remains the case then I will be able to make Sunday's festivities!

I am SOOO glad I spent the money to do the dessert party! I was wavering as I am going to this event solo but went ahead and signed up. Good thing!

Holly
PM me for my Blog URI

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom