Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Matpez

Hey Figments Friend...

Also, Im in Sarasota, FL - so I'm sorta local. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. Ive got a decent video editing rig so I am wondering about a couple of 30 second promo vids to maybe put up on your site and feed them to youtube as well. Im sure there are a ton of people here who could pull it off, or, if you want I will be glad to take a crack at it.

Great thoughts! I am also rather local (about an hour away) and I do video production full time. Keep us posted if we can help! :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
To Horizons78 and Matpez:

Thanks a bunch guys for offering to help! Yes, i would definately be interested in having you take a shot at creating a promo video for this event. Something to "stir the pot" and start people buzzing about it.

Also, if either of you would be interested, feel free to bring your video cams to the get together and video tape some bits of us having fun on the day! This could then be complied into a after-the-event wrap up type of clip to let those who missed it still be a part of the magic. These are just suggestions...do as little or as much as you would like to!

Very kind offers from you both...thank you!

Someone mentioned an idea for a logo incorporating photos, similar to the massive collages done for DisneyLand's 50th. This is also a great idea for a logo, and would also solve any copyright issues. I can imagine a big "25" with various clippings from over the years at the Park. Wow! Very neat....maybe if my original logo does not work out, i will try one of these.

Anyway, carry on!

So what special things would everyone like to do on this day? Naturally we are going to be visiting the attractions and taking in the shows....but is there anything "special" you would like to do?

It would be cool to take the behind the scenes tour of EPCOT that day, but Disney probably does not book as large of a group as we will probably attract. Perhaps someone with "connections" can elaborate on this further...

Does anyone currently know if Figment is still making appearences at Figments Place? When last i saw a Entertainment Schedule ( January) he was not listed as appearing. Just wondering, as i think it's a must we stop by and see out favorite dragon!

jedimaster1227

So what special things would everyone like to do on this day? Naturally we are going to be visiting the attractions and taking in the shows....but is there anything "special" you would like to do?

It would be cool to take the behind the scenes tour of EPCOT that day, but Disney probably does not book as large of a group as we will probably attract. Perhaps someone with "connections" can elaborate on this further...

Does anyone currently know if Figment is still making appearences at Figments Place? When last i saw a Entertainment Schedule ( January) he was not listed as appearing. Just wondering, as i think it's a must we stop by and see out favorite dragon!

If we end up getting a large enough group and Disney knows about us coming, we could possibly get Imageworks upstairs opened up for us...

As for the other things, we should try to do Imagination, SSE and the majority of the World Showcase (though I don't mind if we skip China's film)... :D

Oh, and we could have a Beverly Challenge at Club Cool! :lol:

Horizons1

Last one standing is crowned king/queen of Beverly and wins a lifetime supply! :ROFLOL:

Well for something special, we could recite Epcot's opening day dedication in front of SE or something like that. And then we all bust out into song and dance of We've just begun to dream! Course we'll have to learn the choreograhpy...

BSikor

I was there today. I should have practiced for the Beverly challenge.

As for ideas I think we need to have a Champagne toast before viewing Illuminations.

I always associate EPCOT with great food and drink does anyone have suggestions as far as where we could get together to eat? Would any restaurant accomidate a group our size?

The retro shirt idea is great but I also love the logos so far and would love for all of us to be wearing them on a polo shirt or something.

BSikor

By the way... I've been on here since 2002 and this is my 100th post!

I should start commenting more and stop just being an eavesdropper.

jedimaster1227

I was there today. I should have practiced for the Beverly challenge.

As for ideas I think we need to have a Champagne toast before viewing Illuminations.

I always associate EPCOT with great food and drink does anyone have suggestions as far as where we could get together to eat? Would any restaurant accomidate a group our size?

The retro shirt idea is great but I also love the logos so far and would love for all of us to be wearing them on a polo shirt or something.

A toast can be fine, but lets stay away from alcohol for reasons that this is supposed to be an event for all generations. A toast of Kinley or China's Watermelon soda is fine, but since we will have minors, no alcohol preferably.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
That would be pretty cool if Disney would allow our group up into the old Imageworks. I would personally be thrilled!

So how many people would we need to acheive this? Just a rough idea?

Letting Disney know about us coming is easy....but the question is: Should we let them know ahead of time? Naturally it would be proper to do so, but i just don't want them to think that a mad riot of EPCOT fans is about to storm the place in an unruly mass. That is NOT what this event is about....it's about honoring the Park's anniversary and a fun way with lots of like-minded people.

I am sure it will be made aware to them eventually....we have hundreds of CM's right here on WDWMagic that read these threads and no doubt the word will start to circulate about this upcoming get together. It would be cool if some CM's could join us that day! I really hope some do, as CM's are the ones who deserve some recognition too on EPCOT's anniversary. They are the ones who "Make the Magic"!

I found a interesting list of important dates in EPCOT's history. See if you can notice a trend:
------------------------------------------------------------------
October 1st 1971--Walt Disney World opens in Florida

October 1st 1978--Card Walker, President of Walt Disney Productions, reveals plans for the EPCOT Center theme park.

October 1st 1979--Official Groundbreaking and start of construction

October1st 1982--EPCOT Center opens

October 1st 1983--Horizons pavillion opens

October 1st 1984 Morocco pavillion opens in World Showcase

October 1st 1999--Journey into YOUR Imagination opens, replacing the original ride through and Illuminations 2000: Reflections of Earth officially debuts. Also on the same day, Millennium Village opens

And now:

October 1st 2007-- EPCOT's 25th Anniversary Fan Gathering!
Celebrating 25 years of Creative Wonders

EPCOT's Dedication:

To all who come to this place of Joy, Hope, and Friendship- Welcome

EPCOT is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination,wonders of enterprise, and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all.

May EPCOT Center entertain, inform, and inspire and above all, may it instill a new sense of pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere.

E. Card Walker Chairman and CEO of Walt Disney Productions, October 1st 1982

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That just brought a tear to my eye really.....

:eek:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, now that Disney Frisco isnt panning out, I dont have a reason not to come, other than I would have to turn right around and come bact at the end of October for our Land/Sea trip. Wish it was going to be sooner so I could be there.

Epcotrob

If we end up getting a large enough group and Disney knows about us coming, we could possibly get Imageworks upstairs opened up for us...

As for the other things, we should try to do Imagination, SSE and the majority of the World Showcase (though I don't mind if we skip China's film)... :D

25 shots of beverly for the 25th anniversary. I will take that challenge. :slurp:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A thought:

We can have different "communities" based on our favorite Epcot pavilion. That way we don't have to do everything all together, but have various meets and get-togethers planned.

Like, the Energy Team can host a Universe of Energy ride-through at a given time and all wear outfits in the proper reds/oranges with the radiating pattern.

sillyspook13

Count me in for the meet! I'll even bring out the nice camera equipment for full photographic coverage of the event!:cool:

Count me out of the Beverly challenge though, I took 3 shots in a row and almost :hurl:....

Tinkwannabe

Count me in. I'm already delaying my early Sept. trip (and missing the BIG yearly pin event) just so I can be there through this date.

It would be nice to have some t-shirt or something. The WDWMagic T-shirt is certainly appropriate. However, I'm thinking of getting in touch with Jeff Pepper of the 2719 Hyperion Blog and see if he'll let me use that logo and put that on t-shirts. That would certainly be highly appropriate for that occassion.

Zz.

That's a beautiful logo! I'd buy a shirt with that on it whether I can make it down there or not. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom