Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

napnet

Hrm, sorry for getting in late but this does sound interesting... i should try and make it... I'll see if i can't coral some other Tallahassee people since some of us will be in Jacksonville that weekend for the FSU vs Bama game :) jmaxwell007, if you go to this, you need to go to the game too!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hrm, sorry for getting in late but this does sound interesting... i should try and make it... I'll see if i can't coral some other Tallahassee people since some of us will be in Jacksonville that weekend for the FSU vs Bama game :) jmaxwell007, if you go to this, you need to go to the game too!
i sent out the "feeler" to the wife last night..... here it goes.

Me: sam, do you know what im sooo bummed about?
Sam: what is that?
Me: well, the same weekend that my dad an i were going to go to the UA vs FSU game, the Epcot 25th Anniversary unofficial WDWMAGIC crew meet is taking place that monday. it would be super cool to go to both
Sam: oh babe, just go to the game, we just went to one of those celebrations (refering to the HCOE)
Me: :eek: you call a big mirror a true celebration. this is Epcots 25th birthday. it is a must attend.
Sam: well what about me. just leave me sitting at home all weekend.
Me: (crap, she isnt taking it well)
Sam: if you are going to something cool like that then im going too.
Me: (playing it cool) well, after all said and done, we probably would have to fly back out in the AM the next morning so there is no real need to get a hotel.... we can sleep in the terminal before the flight home.
Sam: hmmmm
Me: (in desperation mode.. sorry martin) sam, martin from manchester is probably flying in. i mean come on.

i guess only time will tell. maybe ill be there. maybe with sam. i would skip the football game to be there.

jedimaster1227

Never say never :animwink:

I am giddy at the thought of finally getting to meet you... What can I say? :shrug:

Great to have you aboard! :wave:

i sent out the "feeler" to the wife last night..... here it goes.

Me: sam, do you know what im sooo bummed about?
Sam: what is that?
Me: well, the same weekend that my dad an i were going to go to the UA vs FSU game, the Epcot 25th Anniversary unofficial WDWMAGIC crew meet is taking place that monday. it would be super cool to go to both
Sam: oh babe, just go to the game, we just went to one of those celebrations (refering to the HCOE)
Me: :eek: you call a big mirror a true celebration. this is Epcots 25th birthday. it is a must attend.
Sam: well what about me. just leave me sitting at home all weekend.
Me: (crap, she isnt taking it well)
Sam: if you are going to something cool like that then im going too.
Me: (playing it cool) well, after all said and done, we probably would have to fly back out in the AM the next morning so there is no real need to get a hotel.... we can sleep in the terminal before the flight home.
Sam: hmmmm
Me: (in desperation mode.. sorry martin) sam, martin from manchester is probably flying in. i mean come on.

i guess only time will tell. maybe ill be there. maybe with sam. i would skip the football game to be there.

Keep on working at it jmaxwell007! :D

Foolish Mortal

I'm game. Just booked my trip Monday (see gig). Will probably have to make a quick stop by the MK 1st thing in the morning to wish the MK a happy birthday as well. Especially since it's also my birthday.

diddy_mouse

Grr...I *really* wish I could attend this meet! :cry:

I'd love to meet all of you and share the love of Epcot that we all love. Did I mention love? :D

Foolish Mortal

I haven't read every page of this thread so if i'm repeating something please ignore me....might I suggest that people not purchasing any special shirts that may be made up, wear your WDWMAGIC attire if you own any. I will be :)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Very Cool guys....definately wear some appropriate attire!

I suggested earlier in this thread to wear all your old EPCOT shirts so we will really stand out. People rarely seem to wear EPCOT stuff in the Parks ( i know they must, but never when i visit!) so i would highly suggest EPCOT themed wear for the day.

If you don't have any EPCOT shirts, stop by Ebay and check out some gems. I find some GREAT stuff on there from the 80's...and the prices are resonable too. Also, there is the fun route of making up your OWN shirt! As long as it's in good taste..and fits the theme, go for it! Some folks here have already posted links to custom made shirts they have. I have done a few over the years, most recently a Horizons logo shirt. It's tan, with the classic Horizons logo hand painted in shiny copper paint. Looks very nice..but i need to make another one as the original is too small for me now! I wear it so much, and thus wash it so much, it has shrunk 6 sizes in the past couple of years! :lol:

But i digress....

Wear whatever you want...but i would personally like to see everybody sport some EPCOT gear. I'll be wearing my favorite EPCOT Center shirt..nice black shirt with the old EC lettering in purple and pink, with what looks to be confetti flying about it. I think this fits the occasion well!

Jedimaster, if you are reading: My Logo has now been uploaded! Yay!! I sent you a e-mail with the link! :wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Just a refresher for those that are just joining us....( we are up to 11 pages already! Woo Hoo!!)

I'm spearheading a fun fan gathering to honor EPCOT's 25th Anniversary. As a longtime EPCOT enthusiest, i can't let October 1st go by without something being done. So far, WDW has nothing publically planned for the occasion, but that does'nt mean folks can't celebrate on there own! And so...i have come up with this idea to gather at the Park and enjoy the day together taking in all the things we so love about this place.

So, Everyone is welcome to join us on October 1st, 2007 at 10am at EPCOT. Meet up behind the Fountain of Nations, right where the classic original logo for the Park is embedded in the ground. Once we all meet up, we will say a few appropriate words ( someone suggested we recite the Park Dedication from 1982) and then take some group photos. Then it's off to enjoy this great Park and each others company as we expereince the day with friends and family. The goal is to have a great time and let this be a nice friendly way to pay tribute and honor all the great people who helped make Walt's Greatest Dream a reality, both yesterday, today, and tomorrow. That means TODAY's Cast Members too!! We want you to join us and party down!! It's all about OUR Park and EPCOT will shine on October 1st!

So plan your dates folks...and get ready to have some good ol' fashioned fun!

ZapperZ

Did we decide on what to wear? There were a few designs being floated around. I don't mind making my own t-shirt using a design that we can all agree to.

BTW, where exactly is "behind" the Fountain of Nations? Is it near the Pin Trading store? On on the other side of the fountain?

Zz.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yep...that's the place!

As far as what to wear: Whatever you wish at this point, so long as it is EPCOT themed!

The webpage for this event should be up in a few days...and you will get to see the neat logo i designed for the event.

In the meantime, let's think about where all of us would like to go for Lunch that day. If we have a large group, we will need to take this into consideration. Someone earlier in this post suggested Beirgarten. I'm totally cool with this, as they could probably be able to seat a big group easily.

My only concern though: Does Beirgarten offer anything for vegetarians? I know in the past i have wanted to eat there, but i have not been able to get a clear look at the menu and see if there are any non-meat option in the buffet.

Anyone here who has visited there, can you offer me any idea as to what they normally serve there?

Thanks a bunch.

Let's hear some suggestions for a Lunch ( or Dinner) where all of us could eat together. Of course we will have to order some Birthday Cake.....:slurp:

jedimaster1227

Yep...that's the place!

As far as what to wear: Whatever you wish at this point, so long as it is EPCOT themed!

The webpage for this event should be up in a few days...and you will get to see the neat logo i designed for the event.

In the meantime, let's think about where all of us would like to go for Lunch that day. If we have a large group, we will need to take this into consideration. Someone earlier in this post suggested Beirgarten.

I can't even walk through Beirgarten, as the smell just kills my senses. :hurl:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d be happy in Beirgarten, but you`d have to stop me trying to peer through gaps in walls at Rhine Rivers loading area :D

-assuming I was there....

jedimaster1227

What about having lunch at Sunshine Seasons? That way, everyone can pick up whever they want to eat.

Zz.

I like that idea, but will there be enough room for all of us?

Update: The new logo for the event has been uploaded to the site here. All thanks go to Figment's Friend for working hard to create such a perfect logo. We are still open to new ideas for the logos, and since we have plenty of time until the event, they are still appreciated and any more ideas will be looked at immediatly after they are recieved. Thank you for your support.

ZapperZ

I like that idea, but will there be enough room for all of us?

If we go early or late, we could monopolize a whole section!

:)

Zz.

Update: The new logo for the event has been uploaded to the site here. All thanks go to Figment's Friend for working hard to create such a perfect logo. We are still open to new ideas for the logos, and since we have plenty of time until the event, they are still appreciated and any more ideas will be looked at immediatly after they are recieved. Thank you for your support.

I thought there was some design posted earlier in here that would make a good t-shirt? Did we drop that idea? I don't mind using one of them and make a t-shirt.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom