Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

ChrisFL

Premium Member
woohoo! single Disney chicks! :wave:

Also, I will be solo on Sunday if I can go, plus I am wondering about the wristbands we get on Sunday, are we keeping them for Monday as well?

jasondiff

Thanks, that sounds good. I'm not sure of my schedule yet but I will be sure to say something if need be. If I am late though, I would most likely plan on going straight to whichever History Walk was about to begin, I wouldn't ask you to go out of your way to find me. Based on the schedule I can find you! Well, that is if you'll be carrying a few wristbands with you...

Since you won't need the wristband until Monday, I'll be able to catch up with you during the afternoon or evening on Sunday, and if not then you can just get the wristband Monday morning.

jasondiff

woohoo! single Disney chicks! :wave:

Also, I will be solo on Sunday if I can go, plus I am wondering about the wristbands we get on Sunday, are we keeping them for Monday as well?

The wristband is for the dessert party only. You won't need it for anything on Sunday, and in fact I'd recommend not even putting it on until Monday evening. You'll also get a nametag on Sunday which you will need on Sunday for the group events, and you'll keep that for Monday as well.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
From another thread:

While the Year of a Million Dreams celebration continues across all of Walt Disney World, Guests who are visiting Epcot on October 1 will know they are a part of a special day as the park commemorates its anniversary in a number of ways:

As part of the celebration, Guests will be invited to take a stroll down memory lane with a Disney legend, Marty Sklar. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of children and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Guests can hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney World Resort.

Adam is this different from what we have on our schedule for Sunday? It would have to be because this is for Monday. Do we know if this will conflict with anything on our schedule for Monday?

Disney_Freak429

From another thread:
Adam is this different from what we have on our schedule for Sunday? It would have to be because this is for Monday. Do we know if this will conflict with anything on our schedule for Monday?

Whoa hold on a min. I need details please where? when? how? I need the 411 on this. I knew he was going to be there but as far as this goes I had no idea can I get a link to the info please.:D

jedimaster1227

From another thread:

Whoa hold on a min. I need details please where? when? how? I need the 411 on this. I knew he was going to be there but as far as this goes I had no idea can I get a link to the info please.:D

I should have my details tomorrow as I have a very important phone meeting with the best person imaginable for the job of approving our event (but that is all I can say for now on him). Once I know something, you will know something. If there are any changes that need to be made to our schedule, they will be made accordingly.

brkgnews

It would be nice if Mr. Sklar would see fit to take some special "dedicated" time with our group, but I'd imagine that's way too much to ask.

Then again...
:lookaroun

[/no inside knowledge] [/just speculating]

jedimaster1227

It would be nice if Mr. Sklar would see fit to take some special "dedicated" time with our group, but I'd imagine that's way too much to ask.

Then again...
:lookaroun

[/no inside knowledge] [/just speculating]

I still have a few last minute projects I am working on... I'm working quite diligently to get everything done... :animwink:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I still have a few last minute projects I am working on... I'm working quite diligently to get everything done... :animwink:

Thanks for the info, knew you'd be working on it, I just had to check because I'm OCDing about everything suddenly.

BTW...

For my AP pin people I have changed my avatar to include a picture to assist in finding me. I'm the living being in the middle, DS25 on left, DD21 on right, DIndian36 innocent bystander :animwink:

Disney_Freak429

Thank you for the link & WOW!!! I am sooo glad I will be there.

I will be looking for you to help me out getting a AP pin.

Now I have to go rob a bank (or a relative):lookaroun to be able to afford all those pins I want.:D

EPCOT.nut

YAY I can't wait until Celebration 25! YAY! My sister and I were talking today over lunch and so excited about the fireworks dessert party! :sohappy:
I decided to fork over the money for the seasonal Florida Residents AP today! Really we did not have the money to renew but I am going to get one for me and one for my DH. My sister is also going to get hers. OH, well we will have some AP pins we can get you pin freaks. I think this weekend I am going to head over to EPCOT and get my pass and scope out the retro shirts. Will post what I find - !!! -

OMG the best safety for the Gators just hurt his knee, DANG I was happy and now I am bummed.

Anyhoo I will post in Marketplace any extra shirts I can pick up for us last-minute celebrators...

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well i am very pleased to learn that the often proposed display of EPCOT memorabilia has now been officially CONFIRMED! YIPPEE!!!!!! I cannot even begin to describe how utterly ELATED i am about this single confirmation.

I remember last year when i was thinking about my fall trip this season how cool it would be to see a display covering the entire history of EPCOT's creation. What set it off was the handsome display they had inside the main display room in China, showcasing materials and art used in the creation of Hong Kong DL. I remember looking through the glass and thinking: "Wow....it would be awesome to see a display like this about EPCOT's creation."

I am absolutely THRILLED that this dream is coming true. I know in the past many fans have discussed such a display, and now i think this proves that Disney DOES listen to it's Fan Audience. I eagerly await seeing what they have included in the display. Ride vehicles? AA models? Dreamfinder in some form?? The possibilities are endless, and THAT is what makes this SO exciting from a fan perspective.

With all that has happened since i started this thread.....back around the time it was officially announced there was to be NO observance of the Anniversay ( except a backstage aknowledgement) one has to wonder: Did our group create this turnaround? Did Disney change it's mind and reconsider once they saw the interest in such an event....or were they simply being bonbarded with requests from all over and decided to do something?

I can't help but think we all had something to do with the amazing turnaround in attitude regarding EPCOT getting some serious attention from it's own owners.

I think it's great!

To each and everyone of you who comes to Celebration 25, while you are there that day enjoying what it to be had, take a moment to step back and remind yourself that YOU made this happen.

That's right, YOU.

This Event that myself, Adam, Jason, and others put together would be NOTHING without your attendence, support, and ENTHUSIASIM. I just thought it right to thank everyone again for all that you have brought, and will surely continue to bring, to our celebration!

You guys and gals ROCK!!

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom