Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jasondiff

I am absolutely THRILLED that this dream is coming true. I know in the past many fans have discussed such a display, and now i think this proves that Disney DOES listen to it's Fan Audience. I eagerly await seeing what they have included in the display. Ride vehicles? AA models? Dreamfinder in some form?? The possibilities are endless, and THAT is what makes this SO exciting from a fan perspective.

I vote for the girl in the window from SSE! She's gotta be somewhere!!!

Really though, this is incredible news. This day keeps getting better and better! And to think, we first said that when we hit 200 people and Epcot agreed to give us a table out front! Now we're close to 1100! We've got two weeks to go, and I can't wait to see what else Disney has up their sleeve!

Adam, if you've got an updated guest list, send it over and I'll send out another round of emails. Anything else you need?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Nice...thanks for sharing that!

Well from that article, the impression i am left with is that Park Ops is supporting the cause moreso then the company itself, which is very cool. I think it's great that folks "behind the scenes" at EPCOT are moving with WDI to make this day a special one, for everyone involved.

Simply awesome!

DisneyMarg

I'm married, but will be coming by myself on the 1st. I'm hoping to hang with some other folks during the day. Any idea on how we could get together? Just look for each other at the dedication?

SweetMagic - got the photo. Looking forward to the pin. Do you know how much it will cost? I guess I should have asked that before!

JediMaster - I am SO THRILLED that you still have events up your sleeve for Monday. YEA!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Disney_Freak429

Jenn that post brought tears to my eyes.

Maybe you should be the one writeing the re-dedication because dang your good.

I will be takeing more than a moment to reflect that day as I will sit in front of SSE & stare for at least a good hr.

I will say to myself if it wasn't for Jenn,Adam,Jason,& the rest of us I doubt this would have happened.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
SweetMagic - got the photo. Looking forward to the pin. Do you know how much it will cost? I guess I should have asked that before!

It's listed at $12.95

We'll have to pick a spot to meet, maybe a specific time right at Pin Central? How about immediately after the group photo? I have 3 other people to meet up with too if that works for them... let me know everyone.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
SweetMagic...I'll dig up a pic and change avatars tomorrow for you....see If i can find a family photo of sorts.

I'm thinking of wearing the WDWMagic.com shirt that I have on in my avatar to make it really easy for you guys, because most people will be wearing Epcot gear. I figure not too many yellow WDWMagic shirts will be running around.

Disney_Freak429

SweetMagic whenever you want to go for the pins I am up for it. I would say the sooner the better because I want to try & jump over some people so I can get a jumbo pin.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
SweetMagic whenever you want to go for the pins I am up for it. I would say the sooner the better because I want to try & jump over some people so I can get a jumbo pin.

I shouldn't have any worries about the AP pin selling out, but you may want to get to Pin Central as soon as you get in the park for the other one though. I don't think we'll have enough time to meet up and exchange pins, etc. before the Re-Dedication Ceremony begins, but Pin Central is not far from where we'll be, so we can head back over there to meet up right after the 11am group photo if that works for you.

Figment82

If I remember correctly... the lowest edition size of any of the pins is 2500 (the AP pin is an LE of 7000!). That means that if every single person attending the event buys their allotted 2 pins, they still won't sell out (or will at least come very close). I imagine a bunch of them (namely the Chip & Dale and Goofy & Pluto ones) will remain for a while after the actual day.

I don't think anyone will need to jump over other people - maybe a mad cattle rush towards Pin Central doesn't give the right message to management about the "crazy Epcot people." :)

Disney_Freak429

I think the jumbo is only 750. As far as a mad rush look at my av do I LOOK like I can run anywhere quick lol.

With my luck I won't be able to see a darn thing at the re-dedication unless visualy impaired have a special spot.

After the group photo works for me to meet up for pins.

Figment82

I stand corrected - the jumbo pin is an LE of 1000. But at $25, I don't forsee it being the first one to sell out. Rarely do any of the jumbos sell quickly at Disney due to the higher price. You could buy 2-3 other pins for that price.

brkgnews

That retro EPCOT mouse ears one from a year or so ago (remember, with SSE as the "hat" part, the lotus logo, the mickey universal flags on one ear, and the retro symbols on the other ear) lasted a LONG time, and it was a 750 edition jumbo. Granted, they didn't have 1000+ EPCOT geeks there when it was released :lookaroun

The two 750 limit jumbos that I have seen disappear quickly were the Carousel of Progress mouse ears, and the Fab Five Adventurers Club pin.

jedimaster1227

I am not able to attend the 25th Celebration, but those of you who are HAVE to read this:

http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/

Very encouraging!

Thank you for sharing that with us! :wave:

Nice...thanks for sharing that!

Well from that article, the impression i am left with is that Park Ops is supporting the cause moreso then the company itself, which is very cool. I think it's great that folks "behind the scenes" at EPCOT are moving with WDI to make this day a special one, for everyone involved.

Simply awesome!

The change in mentality over the 25th for the last few months is truly astounding. This will be an event to remember!

JediMaster - I am SO THRILLED that you still have events up your sleeve for Monday. YEA!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

I'll still working to see what I can do. I am pretty excited to see if these ideas work out... :animwink:

Jenn that post brought tears to my eyes.

Maybe you should be the one writeing the re-dedication because dang your good.

I will be takeing more than a moment to reflect that day as I will sit in front of SSE & stare for at least a good hr.

I will say to myself if it wasn't for Jenn,Adam,Jason,& the rest of us I doubt this would have happened.

I agree that our group's effort has definitely helped to change the course of the wind, as the change we have felt is definitely a strong one.

(Edit: Glad I could grab the 2000th post!)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
It's listed at $12.95

We'll have to pick a spot to meet, maybe a specific time right at Pin Central? How about immediately after the group photo? I have 3 other people to meet up with too if that works for them... let me know everyone.

Sounds great! I will make it a point to be at Pin Central soon after the group photo is over ( thought it may take me a little longer to get over there...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom