Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

lonegungirl

Just a question about the Illuminations dessert party--I'm not familiar with the reserved area, but is it large enough so that everyone can see ok if 200 people are there? (My Mom and I aren't that tall, so visibility is sometimes an issue.)

Excitement!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just a question about the Illuminations dessert party--I'm not familiar with the reserved area, but is it large enough so that everyone can see ok if 200 people are there? (My Mom and I aren't that tall, so visibility is sometimes an issue.)

Excitement!
It is a pretty good size area and knowing the character quality of a number of the attendees I have a feeling that the height challenged attendees will be moved up front.

jasondiff

Jason I didn't get it at my normal e-mail did you send it to the paypal one? Also I may have 2 to add to my party but I only have their first names is that ok since I am the group leader anyways?

Sorry about that- you should have it now.

Just an update on confirmation emails - I sent out another round of Celebration 25 registration confirmations this morning. If you registered prior to 10pm last night, you should have received a confirmation email. If not let us know.

jasondiff

Excitement!

It is a pretty good size area and knowing the character quality of a number of the attendees I have a feeling that the height challenged attendees will be moved up front.

We have 117 registered attendees for the dessert party thus far, with only 40 hours remaining to register.

Here is an aerial pic of the Italy Isola. I think it will accomodate us quite well.

italyisola.png

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
So will we just have the island or the two parts on either side too? And big question, will the current constuction be complete by Oct 1st? They're building a handicapped accessible bridge right now.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
dang it... i knew sam should have come. she is like 5foot tall and we could have had an excuss to get right up front. :lol:

oh well. ill be happy with whatever and my glass or merlot. :slurp:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
dang it... i knew sam should have come. she is like 5foot tall and we could have had an excuss to get right up front. :lol:

oh well. ill be happy with whatever and my glass or merlot. :slurp:
Personally, I am shooting for being in a diabetic coma from all the deserts I consume by the time Illuminations starts. :lol:

jeffb

Just signed up for the Desert Party. Jason - Thanks for putting this component of the celebration together! See you all on the 30th and the 1st!

Thessair

Make that 3 of us. ;) Watch out Diabetics plus a Desert Party equals trouble. Might want to call medics ahead of time lol. Also Jason thanks for sending it again to my other e-mail. I sent in what I have of the two names to add to my group did you get it ok?

Others will salute with wine, we'll heft a vintage bottle of Humalog. :ROFLOL:

jasondiff

Make that 3 of us. ;) Watch out Diabetics plus a Desert Party equals trouble. Might want to call medics ahead of time lol. Also Jason thanks for sending it again to my other e-mail. I sent in what I have of the two names to add to my group did you get it ok?

If you are adding them to the general event registration then names don't matter, but you need to email Adam with the total number in your party. If you are adding Dessert Party registrations then I need the names (and payment too!) but I didn't get anything from you.

Just signed up for the Desert Party. Jason - Thanks for putting this component of the celebration together! See you all on the 30th and the 1st!

Got it - 118 now!

Eyorefan

Just an update on confirmation emails - I sent out another round of Celebration 25 registration confirmations this morning. If you registered prior to 10pm last night, you should have received a confirmation email. If not let us know.

Jason, I didn't get a confermation e-mail for the celebration, but Adam confirmed a few weeks ago that my party was on the list... could I given the wrong e-mail???

jasondiff

So will we just have the island or the two parts on either side too? And big question, will the current constuction be complete by Oct 1st? They're building a handicapped accessible bridge right now.

Got an update on both.

We have the island. Epcot lists the capacity as 200 so we can't really book either of the two triangle sections unless we have more than 200. Our event coordinator said she has done events on the island with 150 people and it wasn't a problem.

The construction should be complete by Oct 1, but she will reconfirm. They were not allowing her to book events there during the construction, so the fact that we were able to book the space means it should be complete.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Personally, I am shooting for being in a diabetic coma from all the deserts I consume by the time Illuminations starts. :lol:
well, good news. i have to give our dogs allergy shots and gave my parents dog insulin shots for 10 years.... just give me the sign. but wait, you will be having too much sugar... huh? i dont know what to do for that :lol:

Got an update on both.

We have the island. Epcot lists the capacity as 200 so we can't really book either of the two triangle sections unless we have more than 200. Our event coordinator said she has done events on the island with 150 people and it wasn't a problem.

The construction should be complete by Oct 1, but she will reconfirm. They were not allowing her to book events there during the construction, so the fact that we were able to book the space means it should be complete.
sounds great. keep the updates coming. thanks for the hard work

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
well, good news. i have to give our dogs allergy shots and gave my parents dog insulin shots for 10 years.... just give me the sign. but wait, you will be having too much sugar... huh? i dont know what to do for that :lol:
Well I am not actually a diabetic, destroying my pancreas by overindulging on sugar is just a goal I have for that evening.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom