Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

imamouse

I am pretty sure the first one of the day at EPCOT is at 9am. I only know this as someone who wants to register is in a deliemma and booked the "Undiscovered" Tour Oct 1st at 9am before learning of out Event. Now he wants to come, but is trying to decide wether or not if he still wants to do the tour that day and risk missing the Re-Dedication, or try to re-book for later in the week.

So if most of the Resort buses leave around 7:30ish or so, we can expect the major influx of people to arrive at the EPCOT gates around 8. That will give us one hour to pass out wristbands to Celebration 25 Attendees before the Park opens.

Can we do it?

I am thinking we should probably consider a meet up time for Sunday too...to give those already On Property the chance to pick up their wristbands.

Any thoughts ? I know earlier we were talking about a Sunday get-together anyway...what was the end result, if any so far?

How about at your resort on Sunday evening? They way you wouldn't have to schlep all of your materials (lists, name tags, wristbands, etc) anywhere. We'll come to you!

Disney_Freak429

Well I am up for anything. I will be there Sunday so Jason I could come to you if you want. It will be a rush if it all has to be done that morning thats for sure. I would combine both lists & than organize it by last names like merf was saying. Than split that list by as many people as you can fit at the table. Also you said you have more room at the table like I said I would be more than happy to help so just let me know. If I get stuck staying at the airport I would take a cab from there at 6:30am to head over to EPCOT or earlier if needed. Just let me know when & where & I am there. ;)

angelfaerie52

So I have a question... if you all get approval for Sunday, I can come on Sunday to check in? I am paranoid about not getting in for the rededication, but I am now officially staying on site the night before instead of driving in, so it's less of a worry. If you need any help with organization on either day or any days even before, I am local so I am wiling to help.

Otherwise, see all you wonderful people then...

jedimaster1227

So I have a question... if you all get approval for Sunday, I can come on Sunday to check in? I am paranoid about not getting in for the rededication, but I am now officially staying on site the night before instead of driving in, so it's less of a worry. If you need any help with organization on either day or any days even before, I am local so I am wiling to help.

Otherwise, see all you wonderful people then...

Correct, if we get approval for Sunday, we will also do sign ins at Epcot on Sunday morning, including an hour (or more) after the park opens. So yes, this would be possible.

diddy_mouse

This might have come up way back somewhere in this thread, but I'll pose the question anyway:

Has anyone thought of doing a live podcast or trip report? (if they have the technology and/or time) After all of your hard work in planning the event I know I for one would love to be able to experience as it happens it since I cannot attend. ::sniff:: But I'm sure Martin will have a wonderful video lined up after all is said and done! :lookaroun :D And I cannot wait to see all of the pics you guys will have!

You seriously ROCK for putting all of this together!!! :sohappy:

Disney_Freak429

Just wanted to say I went back in time to Feb. when the topic was started & read about the first 25 pages or so. It is truly amazing how far this has come from 13 people to now over 500. I can't believe how much of those posts I still remember reading when they were first posted. I am surprised it took me as long as it did to post in the topic. This event is a true blessing & I am very thankful to everyone involved I am in your debt. God knows even if I do have to sleep in the airport I will be there ready for the best day of my life. I will most likely get to pay for the party later today which is the step that starts my journey of a lifetime to meet all of you on what will truly be a magical day.

jedimaster1227

This might have come up way back somewhere in this thread, but I'll pose the question anyway:

Has anyone thought of doing a live podcast or trip report? (if they have the technology and/or time) After all of your hard work in planning the event I know I for one would love to be able to experience as it happens it since I cannot attend. ::sniff:: But I'm sure Martin will have a wonderful video lined up after all is said and done! :lookaroun :D And I cannot wait to see all of the pics you guys will have!

You seriously ROCK for putting all of this together!!! :sohappy:

Yep, we have what we are calling the "Community Corner" when podcasters and webmasters in the community can join us to talk about Epcot's 25th, past and present in a multi-podcast/website episode. Everyone will record their own material, but the rights to use it will be at the disgression of the recorder. We have at least 6 different podcasters attending for sure as of right now.

Oh and 547 attending...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I had to used my 7000th WDWMagic post to say again:

Thank you. Sincerely. To Epcot Rob who sparked the idea we could actually go to this event (and have somewhere to stay), to disneykw for telling me about a certain something, and MagliteL13 and PeepleMoovr for their help, and to Adam, Jason, Jenn and everyone else involved in making this meet (though it is far bigger now than just a `meet`) happen. This won`t be a holiday. It`ll be a once in a lifetime event.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
sorry for making this so long

I don't - then I'd have to get up at 4 instead of 5 that day to staff the registration table!
Plus it will make the park more crowded.
true... i didnt think of that.

I fully agree. Disney did us a favor by not having Oct 1 be a EMH Epcot night. The Park would be packed ...and i mean PACKED as everyone staying On Property would be there. I kind of like it knowing we will be "owning" EPCOT that night....:animwink:
like above, true dat.

I did math - that's 525 people all waiting until the last minute (hehe - you know that happens) so spread over 45mins.. roughly 12 wristbands per minute, or 1 every 5 seconds.

How early is the earliest you think peeps can show up?

Anyone gonna camp out at Epcot?
ill send a self address envelop to jason and he can mail me mine. hmmmm, merf, ill get there around 5 with a large coffee. if there is tailgating involved, maybe 4. lol

Wow....but now that i think of it, i have seen the booths unmanned later on at night. Disney would surely freak out if they found a group of EPCOT partyers having a all-night Tailgating Party in the Lot...

Would be funny as all heck though......but Disney Security would probably not be the ones laughing!
hey, no one tailgates like us southerners for college football. i can EASILY justify an all nighter (red bull optional)

Do you think security would mind a camp fire for making smores?:lookaroun
a cooler full of frosty beverages?

We have hit triple digits for the Dessert Party - 100 registrations to date.
101. i signed up this morning

Sadly, the merfmobile, though having a 3rd door, has absolutely no space for people in the back. :(

It's more like a slightly convienent spot to put a single bag of groceries.
i had one of those once... and no, it wasnt a YUGO :lol:

Thank you. Sincerely. To Epcot Rob who sparked the idea we could actually go to this event (and have somewhere to stay), to disneykw for telling me about a certain something, and MagliteL13 and PeepleMoovr for their help, and to Adam, Jason, Jenn and everyone else involved in making this meet (though it is far bigger now than just a `meet`) happen. This won`t be a holiday. It`ll be a once in a lifetime event.
i would like to thank all that have organized as well. great job. im looking forward t meeting all of you.

i would also like to thank martin. this is really the only reason i can make it. I told my wife that if someone from Manchester is making this trip then i can certainly make it from Birmingham..... after months of thinking it over, it worked. :lol: so thanks to all the europeans *cheers*

Thessair

I've said it before, but if anyone needs help handing out wristbands, give me a shout. I would be more than happy to lend a hand.

As this gets closer, I find myself less and less able to contain my glee.

emot-epcot-25.gif

joel_maxwell

Good idea but I won't have the wristbands in my possession until Thursday or Friday just before the event. So no time to mail!

Hopefully things will work out for a Sunday evening thing somewhere.
ahhhh, ok, well it was a good thought. lol

BTW, off subject, im looking forward to a glass of red while watching RoE. that has never happened. lol

jasondiff

BTW, off subject, im looking forward to a glass of red while watching RoE. that has never happened. lol

We've got it covered (though not a huge selection, especially red!). Here's the wine list for the Dessert Party for anyone who's interested:

Columbia Crest Chardonnay
Penfold’s Rawsons Retreat Merlot
Satori Pinot Grigio
Beringer White Zinfandel

joel_maxwell

We've got it covered (though not a huge selection, especially red!). Here's the wine list for the Dessert Party for anyone who's interested:

Satori Pinot Grigio
Beringer White Zinfandel
this will suffice. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Satori Pinot Grigio
Beringer White Zinfandel
What, no mad dog 20/20?:lol:

jasondiff

Just a note to everyone - I am going to send out Celebration 25 confirmation emails tonight to everyone who is on Adam's list for the general (free) event. This will just be an early confirmation that we do indeed have your registration. I will post here when they have been sent. (This is for the general event, not the dessert party, I'm just doing it to ease the workload for Adam.)

Disney_Freak429

Jason I just payed for the party but I forgot to mention to send any e-mails to Disney_Freak429@yahoo.com instead of the pay pal e-mail.(to send the confirmation ect. to) Also I don't drink but I may just have to have a sip to toast just for the sake of EPCOT lol. Also any word yet from anyone if they will have room for me to sleep on the floor of their room?

napnet

ok so i think i found some software for my mobile phone that will actually allow for live video broadcasting of the event... really hope i can get this to work but will allow ppl to watch the events live :) now i just need to buy another battery because i am sure this will kill my batteries

jedimaster1227

I know that John and Lou are more than happy to work on this event. I myself am beyond words with how well this event has panned out. It is my pleasure to just be a small part of this huge occasion.

Satori Pinot Grigio
Beringer White Zinfandel

Is that included in the admission to the dessert party? I'll have to make a non-alcoholic toast that night! :lol:

Just a note to everyone - I am going to send out Celebration 25 confirmation emails tonight to everyone who is on Adam's list for the general (free) event. This will just be an early confirmation that we do indeed have your registration. I will post here when they have been sent. (This is for the general event, not the dessert party, I'm just doing it to ease the workload for Adam.)

Thank you again Jason for all of your hard work! :wave:

ok so i think i found some software for my mobile phone that will actually allow for live video broadcasting of the event... really hope i can get this to work but will allow ppl to watch the events live :) now i just need to buy another battery because i am sure this will kill my batteries

Sounds great! I hope you can also save the video so that we can look at it later too...

So anyways, I have another update! We now have 585 registered attendees (still not including Jenn or I's parties)- I think we really will pass 600! 600- three times what we originally planned for! That number is a testament to how great this event really will be in itself! Congradulations everyone! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom