Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
So anyways, I have another update! We now have 585 registered attendees (still not including Jenn or I's parties)- I think we really will pass 600! 600- three times what we originally planned for! That number is a testament to how great this event really will be in itself! Congradulations everyone! :sohappy:
wow, i think that the 600+ registered people really show the importance of the fans wanting something done. now, im sure that all 600+ wont show due to statistics, but if a 75% or more showed that would remarkable.

jasondiff

Is that included in the admission to the dessert party? I'll have to make a non-alcoholic toast that night! :lol:

The wines are available at the cash bar we will have at the dessert party. They are $6.50 per glass. Only coffee, tea, and fruit punch are included with the desserts. Bottled water, soda, beer, wine, and cocktails are available at the cash bar.

Here's the complete "menu" for the cash bar:

Soft Drinks
Coke
Diet Coke
Sprite
$4.00 each

Juice and Bottled Water
Orange Juice
Cranberry Juice
Pineapple Juice
Dasani Purified Water
Perrier Mineral Water
$4.25 each

Domestic Beer
Bud Light
Michelob Ultra
O’Doul’s
$5.75 each

Import/Specialty
Corona
Heineken
$6.50 each

House Wine
Columbia Crest Chardonnay
Penfold’s Rawsons Retreat Merlot
Satori Pinot Grigio
Beringer White Zinfandel
$6.50 per glass

Call Cocktails
Jim Beam
Passport Scotch
Canadian Club
Bacardi Silver
Bombay
SKYY
Sauza Gold
$7.00 each

jasondiff

So anyways, I have another update! We now have 585 registered attendees (still not including Jenn or I's parties)- I think we really will pass 600! 600- three times what we originally planned for! That number is a testament to how great this event really will be in itself! Congratulations everyone! :sohappy:

Adam, with that many more signups today would you mind sending me an updated spreadsheet when you have a chance? I'll send out the confirmation emails tonight but I'll wait for an updated list to catch all the new signups.

Also, please change my registration to a total of 5 (I'm not sure if I added 1 for my daughter, and now my parents are joining us as well!). Inching closer to 600 every minute...:sohappy:

carolina_yankee

I've posted details on Mouseowners.com, where I'm a mod. I don't know if that will generate too much interest since we're more DVC focused (and too laid back!), but about 10 of us are vacationing at that time, so we hope to put in a presence as well.

Dirk

Figments Friend

Original Poster
As this gets closer, I find myself less and less able to contain my glee.

emot-epcot-25.gif

You and me both!!

I am estatic! Next week i think we will be seeing a HUGE jump in attendence. Do i hear 650? :D

It would be way cool if this Event led to the selling out of certain Resorts because so many people are there for the Celebration. Someone earlier said they tried to book a room at All Star Music a few days ago and nothing was availible. Is there any way to find out if Music is REALLy sold out that day?

Wow...that would be AMAZING. I'm glad i already booked my room!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Holy DoleWhip...!!!

We have already hit 625????

WOWEEEEeeeee!!!!!!! We went from what, 525 last night to 625....100 more in one day???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do i hear "750" ???

800???

WE ARE ON FIRE people!!

With the way things are going, WDW may have to rent out parking spaces at EPCOT for people to sleep over in! Maybe we will be having that Epcot Tailgating Extravaganza after all.....!!

EPCOT.nut

:sohappy: I just ordered some of Sirnim's shirts off Cafepress for the Celebration. Thanks, Sirnim, for the great shirt designs. :)

I feel really bad about the cluster-f that is going to happen on Monday with registration (potentially) so I am going to make a huge sacrifice :lol: and go to EPCOT Sunday to pick up my group's armbands if that becomes possible.

Do you think EPCOT can swing some dream fastpasses for all of us 600-something participants? If the park is going to be so crowded it would be great to have a front row to some of the attractions! :cool:

Can't wait to meet some of my fellow WDWMagic members! Maybe we need to start a photo thread so we all will know each other. Granted in the crowds that will be kind of a challenge. :shrug:

jedimaster1227

Holy DoleWhip...!!!

We have already hit 625????

WOWEEEEeeeee!!!!!!! We went from what, 525 last night to 625....100 more in one day???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do i hear "750" ???

800???

WE ARE ON FIRE people!!

With the way things are going, WDW may have to rent out parking spaces at EPCOT for people to sleep over in! Maybe we will be having that Epcot Tailgating Extravaganza after all.....!!

Actually, we have 630 now. I figure we will hit 675-700 by Monday if the rate we are going continues...

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Bring it ON!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

By the way, i am up for posting photos of ourselves if folks here are up for that. I have a nice pic of me and Mickey, and one of me with Figment from last year that would make a nice set of promo shots for the Event. I am even wearing my "confetti" EPCOT Center shirt! Perfect!

If you guys would like to see it, i can send it to one of you for posting up here. I never have any luck posting photos with my slow-as-molasses dial up service...

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Do you think EPCOT can swing some dream fastpasses for all of us 600-something participants? If the park is going to be so crowded it would be great to have a front row to some of the attractions! :cool:

Nice idea, but i doubt Disney could issue 600+ of those....but who knows? I have been telling myself that we won't recieve any special treatment so that if something "Magical" along those lines DOES happen...it will be a surprise!

Any more news regarding the Re-Dedication? Any confirmation as to IF any Imagineers are joining us?

Also, Jason asked a quesion i have been wondering about lately myself: Any word on if the "EPCOT 25 Task Force" is still having meetings?

Any CMs here have any info?

jasondiff

CELEBRATION 25 CONFIRMATION EMAILS have been sent!

I just sent 251 emails to the party leaders of 624 attendees who had registered as of approximately 8:00 PM EDT tonight (8/24/07).

The emails contain the number of people you registered in your party, so please double check the info and reply by email (it will go to Adam) with any changes.

The email address to which we sent the confirmation is the one that we will use for future updates over the next several weeks.

If you registered after about 8pm tonight and did not receive an email, you should get one the next time we send out confirmations. Already there were 6 more people registered between when Adam sent me the spreadsheet and now.

Just thinking here - there were 251 emails. If we have the party leaders pick up registration materials for everyone in their party, then that's only 251 (or so, but significantly less than 630) people that will have to sign in at the registration table Sunday or Monday morning. That seems to me a lot less work than signing in everybody individually!

jasondiff

Actually I'm secretly hoping that a mob of people in line at the autoplaza at 7am will scare off everyone else and we'll have the park to ourselves that day! :D Then no fastpasses will be necessary!

Disney_Freak429

Jason, I got the Celebration 25 e-mail (very nice by the way) but no desert party confirmation yet. I payed earlier this afternoon through a pay pal without the correct e-mail so please send it to Disney_Freak429@yahoo.com instead of the e-mail in the pay pal. Over 650 OMG this is going to be crazy lol. ;) Good to know the party can only hold 200 so that will be tame compared to the madness (& fun) the rest of the day. :) Sidenote: The airport is looking like my resort of choice.

jasondiff

Jason, I got the Celebration 25 e-mail (very nice by the way) but no desert party confirmation yet. I payed earlier this afternoon through a pay pal without the correct e-mail so please send it to Disney_Freak429@yahoo.com instead of the e-mail in the pay pal. Over 650 OMG this is going to be crazy lol. ;) Good to know the party can only hold 200 so that will be tame compared to the madness (& fun) the rest of the day. :) Sidenote: The airport is looking like my resort of choice.

I did get your payment. I plan to send out the next round of dessert party confirmations tomorrow, so you should get it then.

FOUR DAYS UNTIL THE DESSERT PARTY REGISTRATION DEADLINE!

SIX DAYS UNTIL THE CELEBRATION 25 REGISTRATION DEADLINE!

elle72688

Thanks for all the hard work Adam, Jenn, Jason, and everyone else who has had a hand in making this happen :sohappy: :sohappy: I got my confirmation e-mail tonight:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom