Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sped2424

Route 66 is the best known case of a US Highway building up a string of small towns and then being killed by the Interstate Highway System. Yes, it could be another highway, but that may not communicate as quickly. But the story would not work if Radiator Spring was a big, cosmopolitan city. It would not work as well located in a more densely populated part of the US. And it would work even less being set in another country that did not have the same sort of car culture and large scale development around the car. Lightning McQueen learns and changes directly because of his experiences in Radiator Spring; following him we too are supposed to leave the film more appreciative of our small towns that we just speed past. The film is inspired by the towns of Route 66 and about them. Frozen is not about Norwegian seaside towns.
I am not saying it's about norwegian seaside towns, just that the setting of the film arendelle has enough environment to count as a suitable attraction or even land. We can't really say the film wouldn't have carried the same point if we haven't ventured those routes. I am just saying it doesn't have to be radiator springs it could be any other made up small town on a deserted road. Frozen's direct plot point is the sisters true, but the point of conflict is the fact that she froze an entire land. It's the catalyst for change in the same sense that radiators springs is for lightning mcqueen! But you and me will just agree to disagree then!

Kman101

Yes, and it's called "I know you are, but what am I?"
In which one player, feeling picked on that his ideas to express his love don't quite work in real-world logistic or conceptual terms, tries to turn every table, no matter how nonsensically, and say "Well, here's why your ideas don't make sense either, so we're equal--And if we're equal, I guess it's possible then?"

It's not EXACTLY helping shout down all those mean-people's accusations that Frozen fans are just acting out of their brief love-fling at the moment, and not giving any serious thought to how attractions are actually thought out by those hired to design them.
In fact, you might want to stop, the game gets old after a while.

LOL. You're doing exactly what you're saying others are. And more than one person including myself has asked you to please check your condescending attitude at the door. You clearly came on these boards to stir up things and spark arguments. You're game is the one getting old. No one but you is playing a game here. You want a reaction and won't stop until you get one.

You clearly don't like the film so why are you constantly trying to "prove" you're point, NO MATTER WHAT, and ignoring the points others are trying to make.

And just so you're aware, I haven't even seen FROZEN.

EricJ

Yes, and it's called "I know you are, but what am I?"
In which one player, feeling picked on that his ideas to express his love don't quite work in real-world logistic or conceptual terms, tries to turn every table, no matter how nonsensically, and say "Well, here's why your ideas don't make sense either, so we're equal--And if we're equal, I guess it's possible then?"
LOL. You're doing exactly what you're saying others are.

(...Oh, heaven forbid. :rolleyes: )

Fairybuzz

There IS a precedent for this happening...Donald and his two friends moved into Mexico. Did that make the ride better or worse?
I'm a little late on this but I must say I think it made it worse.

It makes no sense now. You go down a tunnel of aztec stuff without any context whatsoever. It may as well be a tunnel of dancing turkeys or exploding tacos for all the context It currently has. Its a very confusing ride now. So the three cabilleros are all set to give a concert in......an abandoned aztec temple......to random boats going through it....for some reason.......and then they lose donald and the rest becomes the finding nemo ride from the front of the park but with mexican stuff crammed together, then you find donald and he distracts himself by doing donaldy stuff and then like he gawks at girls offending every feminist in the park (lol jk) and finally they have their concert in modern mexico city, like uhh...err.....what happened...to the temple???? Oh it didn't mean anything just pretend it didn't exist! concerts move locations midway through all the time! Once I saw a P!nk concert that started in Stockholm and ended in Melbourne in the same night!

MonorailMan

Do it in Fantasyland...Where a Fairytale Princess belongs. Get rid of the circus tents and use that space to build a whole new attraction based on Frozen with trackless vehicles... Theme the exterior with rockwork and a Scandinavian village, with an ice castle on top like Be Our Guest...Add a beautifully themed Meet & Greet that you enter through an ice tunnel a-la Ice Station Cool ...and Viola, a completed even bigger Fantasyland with 2 new attractions and a fortification of Disney's Princess brand. Bottom line is Magic Kingdom needs more attractions as it is the busiest park...
As cute as the Circus theme is, it really makes no sense ... let Fantasyland be the land of the Disney Princesses...
Although the Circus theme doesn't go along withe rest of Fantasyland, the Circus area is themed to technically be its own land called Storybook Circus. And throughout the duration of the Fantasyland project, Disney referred to this area as Storybook Circus, NOT FANTASYLAND! If the park map had Storybook Circus listed as a land of its own, there would be nobody saying "The Circus doesn't belong in Fantasyland..."

tl77

I'm a little late on this but I must say I think it made it worse.

It makes no sense now. You go down a tunnel of aztec stuff without any context whatsoever. It may as well be a tunnel of dancing turkeys or exploding tacos for all the context It currently has. Its a very confusing ride now. So the three cabilleros are all set to give a concert in......an abandoned aztec temple......to random boats going through it....for some reason.......and then they lose donald and the rest becomes the finding nemo ride from the front of the park but with mexican stuff crammed together, then you find donald and he distracts himself by doing donaldy stuff and then like he gawks at girls offending every feminist in the park (lol jk) and finally they have their concert in modern mexico city, like uhh...err.....what happened...to the temple???? Oh it didn't mean anything just pretend it didn't exist! concerts move locations midway through all the time! Once I saw a P!nk concert that started in Stockholm and ended in Melbourne in the same night!

The Three Caballeros movie doesn't make much sense either... it's really surreal and weird, but is basically about the parrot and rooster taking Donald on a tour of South America, and along the way they sing songs and gawk at girls

EricJ

Although the Circus theme doesn't go along withe rest of Fantasyland, the Circus area is themed to technically be its own land called Storybook Circus. And throughout the duration of the Fantasyland project, Disney referred to this area as Storybook Circus, NOT FANTASYLAND! If the park map had Storybook Circus listed as a land of its own, there would be nobody saying "The Circus doesn't belong in Fantasyland..."

Because it clashes with the hard, gritty realism of flying elephants. :rolleyes:

WelshBatman

The Three Caballeros movie doesn't make much sense either... it's really surreal and weird, but is basically about the parrot and rooster taking Donald on a tour of South America, and along the way they sing songs and gawk at girls

And this also exposes the real problem with putting the Three Caballeros in the Mexico pavillion to begin with. Only 1 of the 3 is Mexican and only part of the movie takes place there.

DinoInstitute

SOOOOO.... I know I'm a bit off topic on this thread, but how 'bout that rumor about Maelstrom getting a Frozen update?

I get to use sarcasm so little on here i take it when I can...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Was there supposed to be more to Malestrom after the ending scene? It just abruptly ends and the transition from forest to rig in the ocean is rather quick. Ive looked on the web for anything about it but couldnt find much. You know anything, @marni1971, or anyone else?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was there supposed to be more to Malestrom after the ending scene? It just abruptly ends and the transition from forest to rig in the ocean is rather quick. Ive looked on the web for anything about it but couldnt find much. You know anything, @marni1971, or anyone else?
The original ending was far more dramatic. The wave machine that was recently reinstated worked but was planned to be far more severe. A fine mist rained down and wind machines blew. The doors opened to offer the safety of a harbour from the full-on North Sea storm.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So I haven't been in this thread in a while. Is this even a remote possibility? I assume not, but at 65 pages I was curious.

For the record I think Disney should sell the theme park rights to Frozen to Sea World so they can replace a very underwhelming Antarctica ride. The penguins are cool to look at at the end, but the ride itself was just plain weird and not very fun. I don't care what the ride system is if the ride stinks, it still stinks.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The original ending was far more dramatic. The wave machine that was recently reinstated worked but was planned to be far more severe. A fine mist rained down and wind machines blew. The doors opened to offer the safety of a harbour from the full-on North Sea storm.

Ahhh, i like the "safe harbour" idea. Makes more sense now. Is there anything in place to allow them to add the rain effect? When was the wave machine reinstated? Feels like about year ago i started noticing the waves crashing in. And in the original design was the final transition from the forest down the lift to the ocean rigs the same? It feels like there should be something in the narration to help with it. It's very abrupt. Still one of my favorite rides though. Thanks for the input!

aladdin2007

In the beginning didnt they hand out ponchos for guests to put on before boarding? Or they were going to

Alektronic

Ahhh, i like the "safe harbour" idea. Makes more sense now. Is there anything in place to allow them to add the rain effect? When was the wave machine reinstated? Feels like about year ago i started noticing the waves crashing in. And in the original design was the final transition from the forest down the lift to the ocean rigs the same? It feels like there should be something in the narration to help with it. It's very abrupt. Still one of my favorite rides though. Thanks for the input!

Here you go and anyone else who is interested the entire show script for Maelstrom:

MAELSTROM:

A Norwegian High Seas Adventure

The guests board miniature Viking Longships to travel through a cave full of ancient Norwegian Petroglyphs, where they are introduced to the Spirit of Norway. The spirit beckons them to follow and discover the true Norway.

YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO PASS THIS WAY..

Now as they stare into Odin’s Eye as the lights and haze start spinning around the guests quickly find themselves transported back into the time of the Vikings.

NOR SHALL YOU BE THE LAST…THOSE WHO SEEK THE SPIRIT OF NORWAY FACE PERIL AND ADVENTURE…BUT MORE OFTEN FIND BEAUTY AND CHARM..

WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED WITH THE SEA…SO LOOK FIRST TO THE SPIRIT OF THE SEAFARER..

As they enter the Viking Forest

LONG AGO, NORWAY WAS A LAND OF VIKINGS…THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF OUR LOVE FOR THE SEA.

Then they enter a Viking Village and they watch as a Viking Longship of ages past prepare for an adventurous voyage.

VIKING VILLAGE (TRANSLATED)

VIKING WOMAN:

Per..are you sure Eric is ready for this voyage?

VIKING FATHER:

Don’t worry, Freda, I’ll tend to the boy. I know how special a first sailing is.

VIKING BOY:

Father, is it true there are sea monsters who can swallow ships whole?

VIKING FATHER:

I’ve yet to meet the likes of one

VIKING WORKMAN ON GROUND:

I remember my first sea voyage…

VIKING WORKMAN IN BOAT:

And your first sea monster, no doubt

VIKING WOMAN:

Eric, don’t forget your rucksack

VIKING WORKMAN IN BOAT:

Freda, you fuss too much. It’s here by me. I’ll see it stowed before we put to sea.

As the mighty Viking Coastguardsman blows his horn, the spirit then warns of the Trolls, called the “Hulderfolk”, the hidden people of Norway.

THERE ARE THOSE WHO SEE NORWAY’S SPIRIT VEILED IN A LAND OF FORESTS AND MYSTERY; WHERE TROLLS STILL PROWL THE WATERS EDGE

The boats continue into a dark, foggy area where sinister shapes lurk in shadows around a still pool. Suddenly, the huge head of a River Troll rises from the water. A Three-Headed Troll appears from the shadows on the shoreline and casts troll magic over the boat.

TROLL COUNTRY

TROLL HEAD #1

WHAT’S THIS? HOW DARE YOU COME HERE?

TROLL HEAD #2

INVADERS!

TROLL HEAD #1

STOP! THIS IS TROLL COUNTRY!

TROLL HEAD #3

LOOK AWAY! BEGONE!

TROLL HEAD #1

I’LL CAST THE SPELL!

TROLL HEAD #3

YES! YES!

TROLL HEAD #1

YOU’LL DISAPPEAR!

TROLL HEAD #2

DISAPPEAR! DISAPPEAR!

TROLL HEAD #1

BACK! BACK! OVER THE FALLS! (LAUGHING)

This causes the small craft to swing in a different direction. The little boats move backward out of the swamp and down the first drop, free from the dangers of the hungry trolls.

BEFORE RECORDED TIME, NORWAY’S SPIRIT ROAMED THE SEAS OF THE FAR NORTH, AND BEYOND

It becomes cold and wintry, and artic wildlife, such as polar bears and puffins can be seen. The little ships escape a confrontation with a huge polar bear, then pick up speed as they enter raging rapids.

TODAY, NORWAY’S SPIRIT STILL THUNDERS IN HER GREAT FJORDS

The boats finally slow and move past the birch groves of a mighty fjord, then nearly topple backward over a roaring waterfall. At the last instant, however, they are diverted an ancient stone troll.

ROCK TROLL:

HMM…WHAT’S THIS? HOW DARE YOU COME THIS VAY! DOWN TO THE NORTH SEA WITH YOU! (LAUGHING)

The current swings the boats about and the grand vista of Geiranger Fjord, with its famous overhanging rock, is revealed for the first time.

The boats drift forward, passing beneath the rock, then plunge head down a second, even steeper drop than the first. Unexpectedly, they are cast into the fury of a raging gale ripping through the Norwegian North Sea. The boats are tossed and tipped by the force of the storm. Lightning flashes and thunder cracks the heavens open. A towering oil production platform stands strong and silent against the wind and sea. The little Longships move around it and the Spirit of Norway adds.

NORWAY’S SPIRIT HAS ALWAYS BEEN, WILL ALWAYS BE ADVENTURE

The boats then sail into a calm harbor located on the south coast of Norway. A small sailboat is moored at dockside.

The small boats land at the harbor’s dock and the guests walk from the boat to the center of the village.

A village storyteller begins entertaining the guests with tales of his native land. Silhouettes of the village people can be seen in the windows of their homes. Traces of local conversations can be overheard and the personality of Norway begins to emerge. When a dozen boats have arrived and guests disembarked, the finale of the show begins. Four doors located at the rear of the village open up to allow guests to pass through into a theater.

aladdin2007

Here you go and anyone else who is interested the entire show script for Maelstrom:

MAELSTROM:

A Norwegian High Seas Adventure

The guests board miniature Viking Longships to travel through a cave full of ancient Norwegian Petroglyphs, where they are introduced to the Spirit of Norway. The spirit beckons them to follow and discover the true Norway.

YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO PASS THIS WAY..

Now as they stare into Odin’s Eye as the lights and haze start spinning around the guests quickly find themselves transported back into the time of the Vikings.

NOR SHALL YOU BE THE LAST…THOSE WHO SEEK THE SPIRIT OF NORWAY FACE PERIL AND ADVENTURE…BUT MORE OFTEN FIND BEAUTY AND CHARM..

WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED WITH THE SEA…SO LOOK FIRST TO THE SPIRIT OF THE SEAFARER..

As they enter the Viking Forest

LONG AGO, NORWAY WAS A LAND OF VIKINGS…THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF OUR LOVE FOR THE SEA.

Then they enter a Viking Village and they watch as a Viking Longship of ages past prepare for an adventurous voyage.

VIKING VILLAGE (TRANSLATED)

VIKING WOMAN:

Per..are you sure Eric is ready for this voyage?

VIKING FATHER:

Don’t worry, Freda, I’ll tend to the boy. I know how special a first sailing is.

VIKING BOY:

Father, is it true there are sea monsters who can swallow ships whole?

VIKING FATHER:

I’ve yet to meet the likes of one

VIKING WORKMAN ON GROUND:

I remember my first sea voyage…

VIKING WORKMAN IN BOAT:

And your first sea monster, no doubt

VIKING WOMAN:

Eric, don’t forget your rucksack

VIKING WORKMAN IN BOAT:

Freda, you fuss too much. It’s here by me. I’ll see it stowed before we put to sea.

As the mighty Viking Coastguardsman blows his horn, the spirit then warns of the Trolls, called the “Hulderfolk”, the hidden people of Norway.

THERE ARE THOSE WHO SEE NORWAY’S SPIRIT VEILED IN A LAND OF FORESTS AND MYSTERY; WHERE TROLLS STILL PROWL THE WATERS EDGE

The boats continue into a dark, foggy area where sinister shapes lurk in shadows around a still pool. Suddenly, the huge head of a River Troll rises from the water. A Three-Headed Troll appears from the shadows on the shoreline and casts troll magic over the boat.

TROLL COUNTRY

TROLL HEAD #1

WHAT’S THIS? HOW DARE YOU COME HERE?

TROLL HEAD #2

INVADERS!

TROLL HEAD #1

STOP! THIS IS TROLL COUNTRY!

TROLL HEAD #3

LOOK AWAY! BEGONE!

TROLL HEAD #1

I’LL CAST THE SPELL!

TROLL HEAD #3

YES! YES!

TROLL HEAD #1

YOU’LL DISAPPEAR!

TROLL HEAD #2

DISAPPEAR! DISAPPEAR!

TROLL HEAD #1

BACK! BACK! OVER THE FALLS! (LAUGHING)

This causes the small craft to swing in a different direction. The little boats move backward out of the swamp and down the first drop, free from the dangers of the hungry trolls.

BEFORE RECORDED TIME, NORWAY’S SPIRIT ROAMED THE SEAS OF THE FAR NORTH, AND BEYOND

It becomes cold and wintry, and artic wildlife, such as polar bears and puffins can be seen. The little ships escape a confrontation with a huge polar bear, then pick up speed as they enter raging rapids.

TODAY, NORWAY’S SPIRIT STILL THUNDERS IN HER GREAT FJORDS

The boats finally slow and move past the birch groves of a mighty fjord, then nearly topple backward over a roaring waterfall. At the last instant, however, they are diverted an ancient stone troll.

ROCK TROLL:

HMM…WHAT’S THIS? HOW DARE YOU COME THIS VAY! DOWN TO THE NORTH SEA WITH YOU! (LAUGHING)

The current swings the boats about and the grand vista of Geiranger Fjord, with its famous overhanging rock, is revealed for the first time.

The boats drift forward, passing beneath the rock, then plunge head down a second, even steeper drop than the first. Unexpectedly, they are cast into the fury of a raging gale ripping through the Norwegian North Sea. The boats are tossed and tipped by the force of the storm. Lightning flashes and thunder cracks the heavens open. A towering oil production platform stands strong and silent against the wind and sea. The little Longships move around it and the Spirit of Norway adds.

NORWAY’S SPIRIT HAS ALWAYS BEEN, WILL ALWAYS BE ADVENTURE

The boats then sail into a calm harbor located on the south coast of Norway. A small sailboat is moored at dockside.

The small boats land at the harbor’s dock and the guests walk from the boat to the center of the village.

A village storyteller begins entertaining the guests with tales of his native land. Silhouettes of the village people can be seen in the windows of their homes. Traces of local conversations can be overheard and the personality of Norway begins to emerge. When a dozen boats have arrived and guests disembarked, the finale of the show begins. Four doors located at the rear of the village open up to allow guests to pass through into a theater.

wonderful!! (vidunderli) thank you very much (tusen takk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom