Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

Well there you go. They can borrow a little from the Broadway show and create a shorter, dumbed down version that will fit nicely in DHS. I would think that could happen within a year.
I can see it working in DHS, but getting the special effects to produce the ice forming all over everything would be a challenge, unless they skip all of that... Which, yes, would make it dumbed down...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can see it working in DHS, but getting the special effects to produce the ice forming all over everything would be a challenge, unless they skip all of that... Which, yes, would make it dumbed down...
That's the challenge. For a Broadway show with high priced tickets the budget will be large enough to pay for some pretty good special effects. For a free show at DHS they will have to get creative. It may be possible to use lights to give the illusion of ice. I'm not a terribly creative person so I'm sure someone at WDI can come up with a better way to do it than I can. The music will be good either way.

Captain Chaos

That's the challenge. For a Broadway show with high priced tickets the budget will be large enough to pay for some pretty good special effects. For a free show at DHS they will have to get creative. It may be possible to use lights to give the illusion of ice. I'm not a terribly creative person so I'm sure someone at WDI can come up with a better way to do it than I can. The music will be good either way.
Which may be easier in the Little Mermaid theater... Black light all around, and they can do some cheap tricks for the effects, and it just might work... Beauty and the Beast stage show suffers cause too much is cut, they can't obviously do certain things... Maybe if they enclose the BatB theater, maybe they can add in the equipment needed to produce those effects, even if done cheaply...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Which may be easier in the Little Mermaid theater... Black light all around, and they can do some cheap tricks for the effects, and it just might work... Beauty and the Beast stage show suffers cause too much is cut, they can't obviously do certain things... Maybe if they enclose the BatB theater, maybe they can add in the equipment needed to produce those effects, even if done cheaply...

Good point. Using screens could help with the effect. As long as they don't use puppets on sticks I'm all for it.

Once the show opens at DHS they could move the meet and greet there freeing up Princess Hall for other princesses and restoring balance to the World. I'm sure they can find some room back near animation courtyard to put the meet and greet.

aladdin2007

It isn't that Maelstrom is that beloved.

It's more a desire to keep 'toons out of World Showcase, especially if it means the loss of a more appropriate attraction.

Frozen does not belong in Norway. Or in Epcot, for that matter.

Hopefully they have realized after the meetngreet fiasco that Norway can not handle the crowds for Frozen, it needs its own whole new big area.

tmstephe

Aside from the "keep toons out of Epcot" argument, what would the reality be of expanding Norway to the north (expansion pad between Norway and Mexico) to build a Frozen area that would do the movie justice... while also ADDING something without REPLACING something else? Seems like it could be a win-win. I realize we would lose out on a future new pavilion, but at this point... <shrug>

lazyboy97o

Aside from the "keep toons out of Epcot" argument, what would the reality be of expanding Norway to the north (expansion pad between Norway and Mexico) to build a Frozen area that would do the movie justice... while also ADDING something without REPLACING something else? Seems like it could be a win-win. I realize we would lose out on a future new pavilion, but at this point... <shrug>
Is Frozen a Norwegian film?

lazyboy97o

Is Aladdin a Moroccan film? ;)
The Morocco Pavilion is state funded and Disney loved to discuss King Hassan II's interest in the design of the Pavilion. I do not know if King Mohammed VI is similarly interested but would think the state maintains some continued say in the Morocco Pavilion. My guess is that the argument for including Aladdin would be that the umma, the global community of Muslims, is to come before the nation state. As an Islamic state and culture, Moroccan culture is thus also to a degree pan-Islamic.

To be fair, Norway WAS the cultural and visual basis for Arendelle.
And why Norway? What was wrong with Denmark as a source of visual design? Would Finnish styling have hurt the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom