Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensenrick

Do it in Fantasyland...Where a Fairytale Princess belongs. Get rid of the circus tents and use that space to build a whole new attraction based on Frozen with trackless vehicles... Theme the exterior with rockwork and a Scandinavian village, with an ice castle on top like Be Our Guest...Add a beautifully themed Meet & Greet that you enter through an ice tunnel a-la Ice Station Cool ...and Viola, a completed even bigger Fantasyland with 2 new attractions and a fortification of Disney's Princess brand. Bottom line is Magic Kingdom needs more attractions as it is the busiest park...
As cute as the Circus theme is, it really makes no sense ... let Fantasyland be the land of the Disney Princesses...

So get rid of a brand new area with 4 attractions (that's right, I count the splash zone) including DUMBO, to add 2 Frozen attractions. Even I don't love Frozen that much, and I've seen it 5 times.

Bocabear

So get rid of a brand new area with 4 attractions (that's right, I count the splash zone) including DUMBO, to add 2 Frozen attractions. Even I don't love Frozen that much, and I've seen it 5 times.
Actually the rock work from Little Mermaid would continue around the corner morphing into the rock work for the new Frozen Norwegian mountains… Dumbo and Goofy could stay in place, get rid of the Splash Zone and the Circus tents…Splash Cone could be relocated…there is tons of space just past and behind the Great Goofini they use during Halloween as one of the Treat Trails… So in effect, you could do this and not lose a single attraction except the Circus themed Meet and Greets and a gift shop…So add a real major attraction and a new Frozen Meet and Greet and lose the Circus Meet and Greet…sounds like a fair swap to me...

Mastermott

There IS a precedent for this happening...Donald and his two friends moved into Mexico. Did that make the ride better or worse?

Crafty

I think that Disney will go with the cheapest alternative. They will call in value engineering and put in the least touches that will be 'Frozen' like on top of the current ride. That will generate a lot of interest and people will flock to see the changes. I guess that my experiences lately with Disney have turned me Into a pessimist.

Scuttle

How about a dark ride classic fantasyland style, but trackless vehicles in Philhar? I really love Philhar, but I wouldn't miss it if it was replaced by a ride. Problem is space and capacity... I'm afraid it'd turn into another PPF situation.

WDWDad13

forget carsland in DHS.... build a Stars Wars land and a Frozen land. Build an ice castle that has lighting effects at night, have 2-3 rides (indoor dark family ride, sven sled coaster, maybe even an olaf spinner for the kiddos, a show, etc.).

while they are at it, redo the not-so-great movie ride into just Disney movie scenes that more family and kids know and can enjoy (good opportunity to also showcase some Disney animated films that aren't rides in the park as well) - endless possibilities

Matt_Black

forget carsland in DHS.... build a Stars Wars land and a Frozen land. Build an ice castle that has lighting effects at night, have 2-3 rides (indoor dark family ride, sven sled coaster, maybe even an olaf spinner for the kiddos, a show, etc.).

while they are at it, redo the not-so-great movie ride into just Disney movie scenes that more family and kids know and can enjoy (good opportunity to also showcase some Disney animated films that aren't rides in the park as well) - endless possibilities

You've already got three Disney movies represented- Indiana Jones, Mary Poppins, and Tarzan!

I'll get me coat.

aladdin2007

You've already got three Disney movies represented- Indiana Jones, Mary Poppins, and Tarzan!

I'll get me coat.

Thats not Disneys version of Tarzan represented in there, though Im sure many people think it is while riding. The Alien scene could sure use a replacement though, how about Frozen in its place. That Sigourney Weaver animatronic is the worst.

WDWDad13

Thats not Disneys version of Tarzan represented in there, though Im sure many people think it is while riding. The Alien scene could sure use a replacement though, how about Frozen in its place. That Sigourney Weaver animatronic is the worst.

haha yeah she creeps me out more than the alien

imagineer boy

I disagree, I think the alien scene only needs updating not a total replacement. Plus while Frozen was good, it does not deserve to be ranked as one of the greatest movies of all time on the GMR by any means.

Bocabear

And I know Disney bought the rights, but technically Indiana Jones was not a Disney film...it was way after the fact that they acquired it...So you've got Fantasia and Mary Poppins...

doctornick

How about a dark ride classic fantasyland style, but trackless vehicles in Philhar? I really love Philhar, but I wouldn't miss it if it was replaced by a ride. Problem is space and capacity... I'm afraid it'd turn into another PPF situation.

I was thinking about this the other day and realized that a better solution to the FLE planning would have been this: Faireytale Hall should have been put into the Philharmagic building/space. And Philharmagic could have later been added to the vacated space in the Town Square Theater (where the princesses were and where Tink is going). Thematically, this would have been good -- Philharmagic fits in well with a "theater" and would be located right next to the M&G with Mickey. It's not like Philharmagic goes with the medieval European look of FL.

That would have left SWSA open to remain being a ride, which could have been kept as is or converted to a different IP (like a return of Mr. Toad's, bringing over Pinocchio or Alice from DL or having a new theme like Tangled or Sleeping Beauty). I think this slight change in plans would have been far better received by guests because we would not have lost the exta dark ride.

jdmdisney99

That would have left SWSA open to remain being a ride, which could have been kept as is or converted to a different IP (like a return of Mr. Toad's, bringing over Pinocchio or Alice from DL or having a new theme like Tangled or Sleeping Beauty). I think this slight change in plans would have been far better received by guests because we would not have lost the exta dark ride.
Or better yet...Frozen.

cheezbat

Or better yet...Frozen.
Any ride is better in that building that a meet n greet. It disgusts me how we lost a dark ride for that. In my opinion here are PLENTY of meet n greets in the park already. If they needed another place for princesses, they should've shoehorned it in next to the Tangled bathrooms...or maybe they could take over the old Peter Pan bathroom area!

lazyboy97o

There IS a precedent for this happening...Donald and his two friends moved into Mexico. Did that make the ride better or worse?
In a theme park the measure of success is not limited to just the individual attraction. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (my pick for best attraction) has no place in Frontierland and its being great does not excuse the harm it causes to a strong themed experience.

FigmentJedi

At least with Gran Fiesta you can say that the third act of the Three Caballeros movie was a very similar experience to what El Rio Del Tiempo was: A trippy travelogue through Mexico with a Mary Blair inspired scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom