Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDavid

Lol, well that's just because they aren't for you. You obviously are not in their target demographic :happy:

Disney's "target demographic" has arguably been a bit off-target for some years now. Nothing in Walt Disney World - and particularly not in World Showcase - is supposed to be aimed primarily at children.

And Frozen (or cartoons) thematically fits in World Showcase about as well as it would fit in Frontierland. In other words, it doesn't fit at all.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Excuse me?!? Why such an incredible amount of disdain for podcasting? Why are you discouraging someone from doing what they enjoy? I haven't even mentioned my podcasts, you investigated me on your own accord in attempt to insult me. Farewell to you too, pal.
It's already common knowledge on this board who you are, I had to do ZERO research!

Right now I'm just testing to see if you are a man of your word or if you are just a troll searching for more followers for your podcast?

I wonder if there are any posts left on this thread for you to even read besides yours?

lazyboy97o

Disney's "target demographic" has arguably been a bit off-target for some years now. Nothing in Walt Disney World - and particularly not in World Showcase - is supposed to be aimed primarily at children.

And Frozen (or cartoons) thematically fits in World Showcase about as well as it would fit in Frontierland. In other words, it doesn't fit at all.
It always amazes me how many Disney fans think vicarious enjoyment is the epitome of the Disney theme park experience despite this being exactly what Disneyland was reacting against.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Very well put. It is nice to see such valid arguments.

So are you implying that other people's arguments aren't valid?

Excuse me?!? Why such an incredible amount of disdain for podcasting? Why are you discouraging someone from doing what they enjoy? I haven't even mentioned my podcasts, you investigated me on your own accord in attempt to insult me. Farewell to you too, pal.

You will find a group of people here, I am not one of them, who HATE podcasts.

Next Big Thing

Personally I find more cartoons in world showcase - or Epcot - to be reprehensible but that's just my opinion. It's not like they have a custom built area for cartoon characters and fantasy. Oh wait....

Good job I don't run the place huh?
This argument gets stale so fast. Disney has built a history and legacy off of their animation and people want them to keep all of it segmented into one area of one park?

I'm not someone that wants Frozen to take over Maelstrom, but that type of thinking is just beyond ridiculous. When people go to a Disney park, they expect to see Disney characters. Do I need to remind you guys why DCA 1.0 failed (beyond them cheaping out on the budget)?

MotherOfBirds

Oy. Kids. Enough.

Back on topic, am I the only one who foresees a period in which any new animated film that rakes in money will be given a permanent/semipermanent home in the parks within a couple years of its release? I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that

ryan1

Original Poster
This argument gets stale so fast. Disney has built a history and legacy off of their animation and people want them to keep all of it segmented into one area of one park?

I'm not someone that wants Frozen to take over Maelstrom, but that type of thinking is just beyond ridiculous. When people go to a Disney park, they expect to see Disney characters. Do I need to remind you guys why DCA 1.0 failed (beyond them cheaping out on the budget)?

Except Epcot did not have a ride or area that featured a Disney character until just fairly recently. That Disney park was not built for the characters, so incorporating them doesn't fit into the whole point of Epcot. That's why people are getting upset about Frozen, Donald in Mexico, and Nemo in TLS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tell that to Florida Feature Animation.

DCA failed for a lot of reasons. Characters weren't one of them.

No, people want the park that was mean to be different and possibly even more adult to stay that way. Shock horror. Many find the late 80s and early 90s to be EPCOT Centers best years. Mickey and co were there too.

They found the perfect balance. Now they're way past that. The wrong way.

lazyboy97o

Disneyland was not created to celebrate the animation studio. Neither was Walt Disney World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom