Frozen Ever After opening day

Wikkler

Not my photo. From about 30m ago. That is absolutely insane!
deleteme-png.132969

Anyone that was there opening day, can you comment on the accuracy of this?

Wikkler

Those fluid animatronics can't have been developed for a cheap reskin like this, I'm thinking we're getting an early glimpse of technology developed for Pandora.
Remember these things?
SecondLoathsomeAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

InferiorAnguishedDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

Not a lot of people do because of the fact that it's a minor attraction, easily skippable for most people, and is a meet and greet.
This is just an evolution from these two.

FigmentJedi

Anyone notice how the ending of this ride is exactly the same as the ending of Little Mermaid?
Nah, The Little Mermaid ride's ending is something resembling an actual ending to a story. Frozen Ever After is just "We blew our load on the Let It Go music video and we need something before they get back to load" and they just threw in an awkward In Summer singalong because it was the one important song they hadn't shoehorned in already.

Figments Friend

I came across this recent video that a friend shared, that might be of interest.

It is another 'POV' ride experience video, but unlike others I have seen to date this time you get a good look at Sven's animation programming in the first scene.
The few other 'on ride' videos I have seen thus far have shown him standing still and not operating as he should.
Now you can get a look at him in action, as the scene was originally intended to be viewed.
His subtle but effective movements add a bit more to the introductory scene and the character interplay between him and Olaf work nicely together.

Have a look...

-

Cmdr_Crimson

Nah, The Little Mermaid ride's ending is something resembling an actual ending to a story. Frozen Ever After is just "We blew our load on the Let It Go music video and we need something before they get back to load" and they just threw in an awkward In Summer singalong because it was the one important song they hadn't shoehorned in already.

I agree that ending is kind of......Dumb...They could have thanked us for visiting Arendale or some other thing rather than just fill it with a song.

Horizons1

Well I meant the staging. You've got Anna and Elsa standing to the far left of the scene overlooking everything underneath a frame covered in flowers. It looks like a direct lift from Little Mermaid's finale. It seems lazy. But you are right that the ending is lousy. We should recognize there's not really a story to this ride. The one there now is pretty poor. The real story is people with no passion or understanding of theme parks are running WDW and are greedy. This is why we have a Fantasyland attraction in the World Showcase.

jrogue

So a cast member in one of my Facebook groups was reporting that they had about 70 cast members doing testing of the ride last night from 3-6am. They had them test different scenarios, as well as get evacuated several times. They had different scenarios such as being stopped, music and animatronics shut off, water off, water on, then up and moving again, then stopped, evacuated, and then get back in the queue again for the next round. They said they got stuck in the same room twice in a row, and that they kept draining nd refilling the water.

When she was finally sent home she said that they left without ever doing the ride fully through.

mimitchi33

It's too bad that this ride has such frequent breakdowns for something so wonderful.
How about Spaceship Earth when it opened? The rotation of the vehicles didn't work either at the top or the bottom. It caused the ride to shut down on a daily basis as a result. It got so bad they actually had a cast member at the top where you turn to reverse and another at the bottom each of whom was tasked to push the ride vehicles with their foot to lock it in place for the directional transition. The ride operated in that mode for a very long time.

As was mentioned above, people really need to get some perspective on this stuff. There have always, since 1955 been issues with new attractions when they first open; this is nothing new but is a challenge that has been there since the beginning.Despite the arrogance of many armchair Imagineers here who apparently where in on the design and construction based on their knowledge of when everything was finished, a lot of these attractions are significantly more complex than you want to believe. And like most projects there is always something that doesn't work the way you thought it would when it has to start running for 12 hours a day, every day.
True. I remember reading a story a couple of months back where the original Journey into Imagination broke down on opening day, and the costumed Dreamfinder came out to surprise the guests and lead a sing-along of One Little Spark.

phi2134

This ride still feels so empty. Most of it is animatronics on a stage/platform. With the limited space in the show buidling there isnt much room for scenery or grand show scenes. It is like going between rooms to see a new animatronic singing every scene, no transition or cohesion between the scenes. Granted these are amazing animatronics, bu there are as many here as there are on the pirate ship in POTC or in a couple of small scenes from spaceship earth.

jrogue

I read jrogue' post to my daughter and she said "Forget it, let's just ride TT. I didn't want to hug Elsa anyway." On our second trip through TT now. :) Two hour reported wait on Frozen last time j checked.
Haha, well there is always next trip! Or if you keep checking back maybe a FP reservation will open up for it

Wikkler

Where did this picture come from?
Unclear what you man by accuray with regard to that image. It doesn't represent the park when it opened but I don't sense that was its purpose.
Rough crowd level predictions for areas of the park.
It was a color coded map predicting the most crowded areas of Epcot post Frozen.
That.
Crowd level predictions for areas of Epcot once this thing goes live:
deleteme-png.132969

Key:
Black - Buildings.
Blue - Water areas, which will have people in them during busier periods of the day.
Dark Green - Vegetation, which will have roughly half the crowds of the pathways around them.
Green - Deserted
Yellow - Areas populated by people here for Soarin', Test Track, or Mission: SPACE, or people desperately trying to find children's rides
Orange - Crowded
Red - Hope you brought camping gear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom