Frozen Ever After opening day

Rich T

So I google FEA reviews and see this headline gem on a site called Theme Park Tourist .com: "Frozen Ever After Might Just Be Walt Disney World's Best Ride Yet." Sprayed coffee all over my keyboard. They gave 5 reasons. Reason 5 was "All the Songs You Love!"

Now, from the videos, this looks like a fun, charming ride with the strangest, most random ending I've ever seen. But I really wonder if that reviewer has actually ridden anything else at WDW. Ever.

Disney Analyst

Where does it say that a forum conversation has to "move on" after any given amount of time, or after any given number of posts?

The same thing that is gained by complaining on any internet forum about anything that any corporation does wrong which its customers wish to complain about.

Exactly. "Time to move on," "You're beating a dead horse," "Just accept it" and "Quit complaining and get used to it" are internet forum-code for "STFU" -- thinly-veiled attempts to censor the content of a conversation.

I'm by no means advocating people stop discussing or moving on. I was simply trying to put into words what I think a lot of these commenters point is. I'm mostly trying to be a mediator, as I have no position in this at all.

I can see both sides clear as day, but I'm also a pragmatist in a sense... We've discussed this for almost what, 2 years? There has to be a point where people don't need to say "Great ride, WRONG LOCATION". It just seems obvious, we know.

But this is a discussion board, and people can discuss the same points until the world ends, it doesn't matter. I was just interjecting my angle, or my understanding of the angle that others are taking.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I don't know if this was in reference to me, but if it was I'm not whining about it's location. I've come to the realization after watching the videos and taking all things into consideration the problem of the location. Forget the discussion of whether it fits or not, my new beef with it relates to Disney not fully utilizing the IP. Had this been built from the ground up, it could have truthfully been a full E ticket. They could have built an area that manages 300 minute waits, without having to "disturb" the flow of WS. By this I mean walking through China and seeing wall to wall people lined up for a ride that isn't in China. Granted I haven't ridden it yet, and the ride from what I see looks good, but now I'm picturing cars land and imagining Arendalle instead of radiator springs. If they had approached Frozen like that, then I don't think anyone would have a problem with the ride. I mean this is Disney World, it's not like they have a shortage of land. But I guess you are right, no amount of discussion is going to change what is done, but hopefully it can shed some light on why people feel the way we do.

My rant (and I fully admit it was a rant) didn't really have any specific target, just the general pattern of 2 years of people incessantly and relentlessly whining about the location of this attraction. It is a done decision, it is built, it is open, it's not going to move and it's not going to change. I just don't understand why some feel compelled to just keep pounding on the drum on the same topic for years on end. Instead of folks complaining about it not being the attraction they wanted, how about just accepting it for the attraction that was intended. The mentality of some in the 'community' that if it's not an E+ ticket it's a disappointment is ridiculous and results in folks 'creating' disappointment for themselves.

Mike S

I think complaining about complaints on locations is odd; but I think the point some are making is, do people now complain about that for the rest of days? Is there a point when people stop discussing that aspect of it... and move on? Nothing can be done now, seems like wasted breath and this point.
Well the location is something you can't really move on from because the location itself is the #1 factor for why these lines are this long and why they will continue to be long. Maelstrom's capacity, even if it is bumped up a bit, is not enough for the popularity of Frozen. The ride itself is solid but it's location is extremely shortsighted.

Disney Analyst

Well the location is something you can't really move on from because the location itself is the #1 factor for why these lines are this long and why they will continue to be long. Maelstrom's capacity, even if it is bumped up a bit, is not enough for the popularity of Frozen. The ride itself is solid but it's location is extremely shortsighted.

Well of course, it's ridiculous. They built a great attraction, in a space that can't handle it. It almost would have been better to half- it... but alas. The decision was made by someone who decided "screw capacity", and here we are. Disney World/Epcot got the short end of the stick. Tokyo and Disneyland will likely get the better attractions, and all will be as it always is.

donsullivan

Premium Member
If you don't like it..... don't join in.

SGE opened in 2003.
I thought when I looked at the thread I'd get information about the attraction and experiences from open day. What I ended up finding was the same people with the same whining they've been doing for 2 years now. I guess half my complaint is this stuff clutters every single thread and nobody can find any actual information any more.

OUT

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I said early on (after we knew frozen was coming) they should build a new building in the space between Mexico and Norway and use both buildings to create one large frozen ride with greater capacity but instead they try to go the cheap way out and use what was already there and nothing more and now we are seeing the result

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought when I looked at the thread I'd get information about the attraction and experiences from open day. What I ended up finding was the same people with the same whining they've been doing for 2 years now. I guess half my complaint is this stuff clutters every single thread and nobody can find any actual information any more.

OUT
And in all fairness your last few posts have added to the clutter. As have the replies.

Perhaps you should have complained about the complaints in a pre opening thread?

Filby61

But the location discussion has been over for 2 years and the attraction is now open. Continuing to complain about it is ridiculous at this point

Indeed? And who decides which complaints are "ridiculous" and which are not? Who decides when "this point" is reached?

The reality is that comments about the outrageously shortsighted placement of the Frozen ride will continue as long as Disney continues to make outrageously shortsighted decisions.

Which, at the rate Disney is going, will be for a very long time.

Wikkler

So I google FEA reviews and see this headline gem on a site called Theme Park Tourist .com: "Frozen Ever After Might Just Be Walt Disney World's Best Ride Yet." Sprayed coffee all over my keyboard. They gave 5 reasons. Reason 5 was "All the Songs You Love!"

Now, from the videos, this looks like a fun, charming ride with the strangest, most random ending I've ever seen. But I really wonder if that reviewer has actually ridden anything else at WDW. Ever.
There are several types of theme park tourists.
The Rides Fan
You know these people. Many of us belong here. Enjoyment of a theme park = enjoyment of rides. Most have a favorite type of ride that they either mostly or exclusively ride (thrill rides being the most common)
I'd say about 70% of theme park tourists fall in this category. More like 50% at WDW because of
The Magic Fan
Comes to WDW for the magic. Probably what that reviewer belongs in. Similar to the Rides Fan but usually prefers dark rides, spinners, and familiar stories. Is a sucker for songs from the movie.
The Party Animal
Favorite park: Epcot.
Favorite activities: Yelling on roller coasters, making obscene gestures at ride cameras, trying to find bars at Magic Kingdom, being at bars at Epcot, not being at Animal Kingdom, climbing pyramids.
The Lifestyler
I'm not discussing this type.
The Theme Fan
The rarest type. Believe in the integrity of theme parks as an art form. Talk about weenies, forced perspective, and berms. Marvel at the genius of Disney's international parks. Don't believe Frozen should be in an educational pavilion about the country of Norway. Often post on forums about theme parks about the different types of theme park tourists.
It's a theme park fan internet forum. S'gonna happen.
Go to Universal more than Disney even though Disney still does environments better.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's currently down for technical issues.

This seems more like a pattern...
giphy.gif

Rich T

There are several types of theme park tourists.
The Rides Fan
You know these people. Many of us belong here. Enjoyment of a theme park = enjoyment of rides. Most have a favorite type of ride that they either mostly or exclusively ride (thrill rides being the most common)
I'd say about 70% of theme park tourists fall in this category. More like 50% at WDW because of
The Magic Fan
Comes to WDW for the magic. Probably what that reviewer belongs in. Similar to the Rides Fan but usually prefers dark rides, spinners, and familiar stories. Is a sucker for songs from the movie.
The Party Animal
Favorite park: Epcot.
Favorite activities: Yelling on roller coasters, making obscene gestures at ride cameras, trying to find bars at Magic Kingdom, being at bars at Epcot, not being at Animal Kingdom, climbing pyramids.
The Lifestyler
I'm not discussing this type.
The Theme Fan
The rarest type. Believe in the integrity of theme parks as an art form. Talk about weenies, forced perspective, and berms. Marvel at the genius of Disney's international parks. Don't believe Frozen should be in an educational pavilion about the country of Norway. Often post on forums about theme parks about the different types of theme park tourists.

Go to Universal more than Disney even though Disney still does environments better.
I still cannot believe any reviewer not acting as a company publicist could, with a straight face/attitude, claim FEA (charmin' as it is) tops Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, etc. etc. and call it Best WDW Ride Evaaaaaah.

Kate F

I feel kind of conflicted here. It's true that the poor placement has created numerous problems for this new ride and cannot just be ignored, but at the same time, what's done is done and no amount of complaining is going to change that. I think one thing we can all agree on though is that Disney needs to learn from this and make sure nothing like this happens again in the future.

Wikkler

I still cannot believe any reviewer not acting as a company publicist could, with a straight face/attitude, claim FEA (charmin' as it is) tops Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, etc. etc. and call it Best WDW Ride Evaaaaaah.
Haunted Mansion has no IP. Splash has its IP as Song of the South, and you know what's not-so-Disney there. Pirates doesn't have enough Johnny Depp for a brand addict to enjoy it. So, Frozen, because it's more "Disney", trumps them. This is the logic of The Magic Fan.

seabreezept813

But the location discussion has been over for 2 years and the attraction is now open. Continuing to complain about it is ridiculous at this point

I told my stepdaughter, now 12, that the new Frozen ride is open. Without looking at pictures or anything, she said eh I'm not excited, I liked that weird ride with the trolls. I'm sure the new ride is fun and beautiful (I don't do videos before seeing it in person), but it doesn't mean that loyalty to an appropriate ride goes away. But I totally understand how hearing the same thing over and over gets annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom