Frozen Ever After opening day

bhg469

E Ticket - Better than 99% of theme park attractions on earth
D Ticket - Better than 97% of theme park attractions on earth
C Ticket - Better than 95% of theme park attractions on earth

I'm still at a loss for why people think everything needs to be a D/E ticket. I much prefer a well rounded park...
My gripe is that their finshed products seem to be cut back A lot recently. Mine train is a tiny version of what was planned and it would have been a better ride. More show scenes equals better attraction 100% of the time when it comes to WDW

Goofyernmost

Everyone is entitled to an opinion since there isn't an official public definition of what in today's world is an E vs D vs C. Based on numerous threads here Disney and WDI still uses the terms when designing and building the rides so they have their own metric. They don't make those classifications public unless they use the term E ticket to describe a new headliner in marketing materials. I don't think we will ever see them advertise something as a C ticket.

I would definitely disagree with your definition of E ticket. If line length alone makes a ride an E ticket then the princess meet and greets are super Es along with Peter Pan and Mine Train but rides like Pirates or HM are C or even B since they rarely have long lines. If line length is all that matters than Frozen is definitely going to be an E ticket;). IMHO it's not just ride length but the scope of the ride too. Mine Train has too few show scenes to be a true E ticket. If it was twice as long but still added no new show scenes it still wouldn't be an E ticket in my book.
OK, I understand that just the length of the line alone does not identify completely its quality, the fact is that people are standing in line for them. That means dollar signs in the eyes of the upper management. That means that if they were to be actually using the old E system, that would be one along with Frozen and 7DMT. I'm a little puzzled about the idea that there are a specific number of show scenes in order to call it an E. The whole ride is a huge show scene, the technology that allows the trains to slow down mid-ride makes it quite different along with the swinging ride vehicles, but the scenery is a show scene. All part of it because they could have just put up a small amount of stone work and called it a day.

Other then the queue, how many show scenes are there in Space Mountain? Other then the film scenes, how many are in Soarin'? Again, other then the queue, how many show scenes are really in ToT or RcRC for that matter. No, I don't count day-glow cutouts as show scenes. Yet, we all would agree that if there were such a thing, we would all think them to be an E wouldn't we? Anyway, that is how I feel about it. Others are certainly free to think otherwise, but, I started this thread because I think that people are way to callous and uncaring about others when they call for the removal of something simply because they personally don't like it. It doesn't mean that it's going to happen, I just don't understand the purpose of even thinking about it.

Figments Friend

A random observation I forgot to mention in one of my earlier comments....

I was surprised, and yes I will admit, quite delighted to see the 'Malestrom' boats still being used in the new Attraction.
I was not expecting this, and just assumed they would be replaced with new ride vehicles based on Arendelle themed water craft.

We all remember the photos that circulated within a week of 'Malestrom' closing of those familiar boats being hauled away on the back of a ten wheeler ...driving down the highway East to assumed oblivion.
Never thought I would ever see them again...except maybe at an auction or a random D23 Event.

It was a very pleasant surprise to see these return and continue to be used.

-

aladdin2007

A random observation I forgot to mention in one of my earlier comments....

I was surprised, and yes I will admit, quite delighted to see the 'Malestrom' boats still being used in the new Attraction.
I was not expecting this, and just assumed they would be replaced with new ride vehicles based on Arendelle themed water craft.

We all remember the photos that circulated within a week of 'Malestrom' closing of those familiar boats being hauled away on the back of a ten wheeler ...driving down the highway East to assumed oblivion.
It was a very pleasant surprise to see these return and continue to be used.

-

agree however they could have used a sprucing up or paint job, they didnt touch them by the looks of things. When you see some of the new pictures in the bright lighting the seats and hauls look horrible.........but glad we still have them.

Castle Cake Apologist

I want what you're smokin'.

I'm the exact opposite. This makes me very concerned for Avatar.

This is a nonsensical mess.

At least you seem to be in the minority.

Inappropriate placement aside, it's a pretty great attraction. It has a killer queue, fantastic lighting, beautiful set design, and incredible Audio Animatronics. The "story" is that Elsa has frozen the kingdom for a fun day of snow. That's it. You do understand that attractions don't need a hard story, right? None of the classics have one. I would say shoving a cut and dry storyline into an attraction is a lot more in line with your later borderline-offensive "special needs" comment. Feed people the story since they cannot think for themselves.

Not to mention, what "story" there is in the attraction is literally fed to you through the songs. It's really not hard to follow. Olaf says that Elsa has invited you to her ice castle, the trolls recap the story of Anna and Elsa, we travel up the North Mountain to her castle, Anna and Kristoph reiterate to us that Elsa has invited us to see her, We enter the castle and Elsa shows us her powers, which send us backwards through the freezing castle, Marshmallow turns us back around and we plunge back into the port of Arendelle where Anna, Elsa, and Olaf sing us off on our way.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Placement aside, it's a pretty great attraction. Beautiful set design and incredible Audio Animatronics. The "story" is that Elsa has frozen the kingdom for a fun day of snow. That's it. You do understand that great attractions don't need a hard story, right? None of the classics have one. I would say shoving a cut and dry storyline into an attraction is a lot more in line with your later borderline offensive "special needs" comment. Feed people the story since they cannot think for themselves.
EXACTLY! I think that is what ended up hurting the Little Mermaid ride...trying to tell the story in a linear manner...and then running out of track...lol

Sped2424

I wonder if this might have something to do with it? From today: https://twitter.com/*******/status/746019133670699008

olaf.png

Olaf is scaring the kids. and some adults
hate to break it to ya but those photos are edited lol When olaf breaks down his eyes either go blank or just stare while he doesn't move.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
OK, I understand that just the length of the line alone does not identify completely its quality, the fact is that people are standing in line for them. That means dollar signs in the eyes of the upper management. That means that if they were to be actually using the old E system, that would be one along with Frozen and 7DMT. I'm a little puzzled about the idea that there are a specific number of show scenes in order to call it an E. The whole ride is a huge show scene, the technology that allows the trains to slow down mid-ride makes it quite different along with the swinging ride vehicles, but the scenery is a show scene. All part of it because they could have just put up a small amount of stone work and called it a day.

Other then the queue, how many show scenes are there in Space Mountain? Other then the film scenes, how many are in Soarin'? Again, other then the queue, how many show scenes are really in ToT or RcRC for that matter. No, I don't count day-glow cutouts as show scenes. Yet, we all would agree that if there were such a thing, we would all think them to be an E wouldn't we? Anyway, that is how I feel about it. Others are certainly free to think otherwise, but, I started this thread because I think that people are way to callous and uncaring about others when they call for the removal of something simply because they personally don't like it. It doesn't mean that it's going to happen, I just don't understand the purpose of even thinking about it.
There isn't a set number of show scenes needed to be an E. It's the overall scope of the ride, but that's only 1 possible component too. A coaster or thrill ride doesn't need show scenes to be an e ticket. Neither does something like the Safari at AK. For a dark ride, the scope of the ride is generally judged by the ride length and number of show scenes. It's easy to see that a dark ride like HM or PoTC has a grander scope than a ride like this new Frozen one or Mine Train.

Incomudro

Inappropriate placement aside, it's a pretty great attraction. It has a killer queue, fantastic lighting, beautiful set design, and incredible Audio Animatronics. The "story" is that Elsa has frozen the kingdom for a fun day of snow. That's it. You do understand that attractions don't need a hard story, right? None of the classics have one. I would say shoving a cut and dry storyline into an attraction is a lot more in line with your later borderline-offensive "special needs" comment. Feed people the story since they cannot think for themselves.

Not to mention, what "story" there is in the attraction is literally fed to you through the songs. It's really not hard to follow. Olaf says that Elsa has invited you to her ice castle, the trolls recap the story of Anna and Elsa, we travel up the North Mountain to her castle, Anna and Kristoph reiterate to us that Elsa has invited us to see her, We enter the castle and Elsa shows us her powers, which send us backwards through the freezing castle, Marshmallow turns us back around and we plunge back into the port of Arendelle where Anna, Elsa, and Olaf sing us off on our way.
Works for me.

tribbleorlfl

Unfortunately not... I was supposed to go in 2 weeks but then we found out my wife was expecting our first child and our trip is not postponed until late September 2017...
They do have a tendency to change your plans! I had been secretly saving for a couple years for a cruise on our 10th Anniversary (to the real Norway, coincidentally) when our second came along. Kind of ironic, had I not done that, we wouldn't have been able to afford for my wife to stay home with her as long as she did.

Congratulations! Kids are a far greater adventure than any trip to Disney could be.

Rutt

Ohhh, you're a "The ride should tell a story" type.

I think it's more of a lack of some sort of 3D multiscreen superhero element and there is nothing that 'goes wrong', no explosions, etc. ;)

The story is perfectly fine for a dark ride.

ght

I honestly believe people don't know there's a ride inside Mexico. Even if they step inside, they see a large shop and a restaurant, and turn around and walk out. The coloring stop is right inside the door, so no need to venture much further.
My first trip to Epcot the only reason we found the ride was because we decided to stop and eat at the restaurant and noticed there was a ride going by it.

Mike S

agree however they could have used a sprucing up or paint job, they didnt touch them by the looks of things. When you see some of the new pictures in the bright lighting the seats and hauls look horrible.........but glad we still have them.
This is one thing that actually really irks me. This is how the ride turns out but they couldn't be bothered to touch up the boats a little?
I think it's more of a lack of some sort of 3D multiscreen superhero element and there is nothing that 'goes wrong', no explosions, etc. ;)

The story is perfectly fine for a dark ride.
Please don't bring the evil of that debate upon this thread...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom