Frozen Ever After opening day

Mike S

That was on the original leaked plans, but there is no chance that when Avatar opens that they refer to the boat ride as a C. I'm betting if there is a reference to the rides they will both be hyped as E. Based on recent additions there is almost no chance the boat ride ends up a C ticket anyway. That would be really disappointing.
@marni1971 has said recently in one of the Avatar threads that it's definitely a C.
FYI, Disney broker their pseudo radio silence today with an all encompassing What's new, What's next press release. In it, they mention Flight of Passage by name, but not Na'vi River Journey. Could be nothing, but with the potential concern about the boat ride being delayed there may be something there.
Oh no... :facepalm:
For me...

E - The top of the top: Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey. Dinasaur too, even though Indy is way better so it comes to the point of Headliner E ticket vs. Super-Headlier E ticket.

D - high quality ride just shorter and not as a grand scale as an E ex. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Buzz Lightyear

C - What would be the stereotypical fantasyland dark ride.

B - Usually just flat rides. Ex. Dumbo

A - a walkthrough, Meet and Greet, or "lesson" like The Magic of Disney Animation.

Don't get me started on Journey into Imaginaion With Figment. It deserves an A, but to be fair the scale is more along with a D or C so there's more to do than just the scale like @PhotoDave219 said.
The Main Street Vehicles and I think the train and boats would be A as well I think.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@marni1971 has said recently in one of the Avatar threads that it's definitely a C.
Seems kinda silly to debate the ticket designation on a ride nobody has seen or ridden, but here goes;). So if this Frozen ride is a D and the Avatar boat ride is definitely a C that's an incredible disappointment. I would have expected it to be somewhat on par with how Frozen turned out or better. I can't imagine it would have fewer show scenes so in order to be down a ticket level I wonder if maybe there will not be AAs on that ride at all.

Mike S

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/06/21/whats-new-and-whats-next/
Heres the press release referred to above. Interesting that they included ROL but not the C ticket boat ride in Avatar
Such an antiquated term that Disney doesn't use anymore :rolleyes:
AVATAR Flight of Passage (2017) – This E-ticket attraction, the centerpiece of Pandora at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, will allow guests to soar on a Banshee over a vast alien world. The spectacular flying experience will give guests a birds-eye view of the beauty and grandeur of the world of Pandora on an aerial rite of passage. - See more at: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/06/21/whats-new-and-whats-next/#sthash.71QcISBN.dpuf

BrerJon

I would put this attraction in a "must-do" category.... which is a problem at 900 guests/hr.

While opening curiosity means long lines, I think the capacity worries are a bit overblown - even with 25,000 people in the park, there's no way all of them would want or need to ride it.

If Epcot was a one-off, once a trip visit then it would be pretty tough to miss out, but when you take away all the APs, off-duty CMs, locals who just stop by the park for a couple of hours, guests in town for a week or two with park hoppers who can always come back... there's actually a large chunk of Epcot guests who won't be at all worried if they can't see Anna and Elsa on their trip.

RSoxNo1

How's this for controversy with the ticket system... I'd say Disneylands POTC is an E-Ticket and Magic Kingdoms is a D-Ticket... And I'd also say Frozen Ever After is now a D-Ticket, whereas Maelstrom was a C for me.

Yay for subjectivity!
While Disneyland's is clearly the better ride, I think it's hard to call Pirates in Florida a D ticket, it's still an excellent, large scope attraction.

Daveeeeed

How's this for controversy with the ticket system... I'd say Disneylands POTC is an E-Ticket and Magic Kingdoms is a D-Ticket... And I'd also say Frozen Ever After is now a D-Ticket, whereas Maelstrom was a C for me.

Yay for subjectivity!
Potc in the magic kingdom is still on the scale of an Eticket it is just not a super headliner like the one at dlr or dlp, and it's pacing is a bit slow. Kind of like tower of terror being an Eticket compared to the Rock n' Rollercoaster. Both fantastic attractions, but one is clearly superior by scale. Frozen: Ever After is a D because they actually spent money on it and did a great job for the length and scale. Maelstrom was not done so well and at a smaller scale thus the C rating. Even so I will miss Maelstrom dearly, but it either needed an overhaul or to be changed, so for what it's worth I think WDI did a fantastic job.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

I remember waiting in line for Maelstrom for nearly an hour in early December, but I also remember going in September and they literally allowed us to go through the cast member walkway to walk from the unload to the boarding area. We rode it nearly 30 times that day...

Daveeeeed

While Disneyland's is clearly the better ride, I think it's hard to call Pirates in Florida a D ticket, it's still an excellent, large scope attraction.
Very similar to Dinosaur vs. Indy. Indy is clearly the winner, but Dinosaur (with all the effects working) is definitely an E. I've always felt like they've needed a Z ticket (F sounds bad no matter which way you start the top at), reserved for the ULTRA Elite E-Tickets: Tot, Indy, JttcotE

Last edited:

No Name

It has also been stated many times that Disney internally refers to the rides in Avatar Land as an E Ticket for Flight of Passage and a C Ticket for Na'vi River Journey. You just ignore all of it.

On some permit recently it was labeled it as an E-ticket boat ride. But the rest of time they've been internally labeling it as a C, and it's certainly true that they still advertise by letters. Or letter, singular. Because it's only the letter E. They're never gonna say "ooh come experience this C-ticket ride we have!"

Anyway, I don't care what letter they or anyone gives it internally or to the public. I'll decide for myself how much I like it after I get off the boat!

It's not some kind of definite or factual thing. People can disagree on what letter each ride would fall under. If I called TSMM an E, you'd call me crazy. But I'd call you even crazier to label Star Tours as anything more than a C. The ticket ranking has never ever been defined and is purely opinion.

And I've said this before (to no success) but I believe it is a terible way to express opinion. Why? Because people are not just disagreeing on the quality of the ride. They're also disagreeing on how to classify it. So Joe might like the ride just as much as Moe, but Joe and Moe gave it a different letter because they don't have the same definition of what it means. It adds a second layer to the whole thing. Therefore, in the end, it tells nobody anything, and ends in argument literally every time.

It's hard to understand a different opinion about a ride when you don't even know what that opinion means.

And in the end, Joe and Moe will both stubbornly think that their definition of the ticket system is factual, and that everyone else is wrong. The reality is that @Goofyernmost (other than the part about Disney not using it anymore) hit the nail on the head. It was literally nothing more than a pricing tool. Yet it's been blown up out of proportion by fans over the last decade or two.

Sorry for seeming slightly aggravated. But it is aggravating. If you were not Mike S, a respectable poster, my post right now would be far more "intense," to say the least.

That being said, and while I know I contributed to the fire so I'm at fault a bit... Can we please please please not turn this thread into another ticket debate?

wdwgreek

On some permit recently it was labeled it as an E-ticket boat ride. But the rest of time they've been internally labeling it as a C, and it's certainly true that they still advertise by letters. Or letter, singular. Because it's only the letter E. They're never gonna say "ooh come experience this C-ticket ride we have!"

Anyway, I don't care what letter they or anyone gives it internally or to the public. I'll decide for myself how much I like it after I get off the boat!

It's not some kind of definite or factual thing. People can disagree on what letter each ride would fall under. If I called TSMM an E, you'd call me crazy. But I'd call you even crazier to label Star Tours as anything more than a C. The ticket ranking has never ever been defined and is purely opinion.

And I've said this before (to no success) but I believe it is a terible way to express opinion. Why? Because people are not just disagreeing on the quality of the ride. They're also disagreeing on how to classify it. So Joe might like the ride just as much as Moe, but Joe and Moe gave it a different letter because they don't have the same definition of what it means. It adds a second layer to the whole thing. Therefore, in the end, it tells nobody anything, and ends in argument literally every time.

It's hard to understand a different opinion about a ride when you don't even know what that opinion means.

And in the end, Joe and Moe will both stubbornly think that their definition of the ticket system is factual, and that everyone else is wrong. The reality is that @Goofyernmost (other than the part about Disney not using it anymore) hit the nail on the head. It was literally nothing more than a pricing tool. Yet it's been blown up out of proportion by fans over the last decade or two.

Sorry for seeming slightly aggravated. But it is aggravating. If you were not Mike S, a respectable poster, my post right now would be far more "intense," to say the least.

That being said, and while I know I contributed to the fire so I'm at fault a bit... Can we please please please not turn this thread into another ticket debate?
I echo and appluad your sentiment. Arguing about a sibjective antiquated and no longer relevant rating system is a waste of time for all parties involved.

Cmdr_Crimson

Everything at Six Flags (my park is SFOT) was themed before Time Warner. Back when it was just one park and shortly thereafter SFOG. I really hate TW and Premier was worse. This are a bit better now, but I would like to see Bugs and DC stuff gone. I'd like to see the whole thing dissolved and return the parks to their regional origins, especially SFOT.

No thanks to Six Flags in general for Taking the Looney Tunes and throwing them at each park....When The Marriott Parks had exclusive rights to them up until the sale in 1984. Then became household at every park they owned...

Disney Analyst

Watching a breakdown video on youtube, and a brilliant guest asked how many boats fit on the track... The Cast Member said 11, and right now they are at 9.

That should give us better capacity estimate, right?

peter11435

If they can fit 11 why are they at 9?
Most likely having the boats closer together causes timing issues with the ride system or show scenes and resulted in downtimes.

Additional boats would not necessarily increase hourly capacity. It all comes down to the number of guests per vehicle and dispatch interval.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom