Frozen Ever After opening day

matt9112

so it looks well done in some aspects (mainly just the great AAs) but in outher aspects it leaves alot to be desired. i noticed there is very little detail in the show scenes outside the focal point. IE if you look right instead of left at Olaf. they are leaning very heavily on those AAs and if they do break it will be very noticeable. far and away the biggest problem is the awful capacity they got stuck with reusing a ride system from the 80s.

is it eye candy yes...well done yes...but vulnerable.

spiritofNorway

If they can fit 11 why are they at 9?
I posted about this the day before opening. Usually there were 10-11 boats on Malstrøm, but due to weight issues (people) the boats go slower than they used to and this messes up the sensors and causes 101s. So Malstrøm also operated the last few years with 9 boats.

The reason why we are seeing not full boats is probably the same. When I worked there we were urged to put as many ppl in the boats to reach our numbers (1000 per hour), we could fit 4 per row. Now they cant have 4 in the front after what I read cause this is where the problem is when going into the boat swings and they dont load seperate parties into the rows.

matt9112

I think this ride is really well done. The queue is a far improvement over the old queue, that thing was an atrocity. The added length is great, the AA's are INSANE. That first Olaf AA?? The level of movement? AMAZING.
I don't mind the lack of story, it's very reminiscent of the classic dark rides.

the queue is an improvement? you mean the tour of world showcase?

matt9112

Why do people keep saying there is no story line? It is pretty obvious you're riding up to see Elsa in her ice palace, that's it. Nothing more nothing less, and there's nothing wrong with that imo. Come on guys, use your brains ffs.

opinions.....

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I posted about this the day before opening. Usually there were 10-11 boats on Malstrøm, but due to weight issues (people) the boats go slower than they used to and this messes up the sensors and causes 101s. So Malstrøm also operated the last few years with 9 boats.

The reason why we are seeing not full boats is probably the same. When I worked there we were urged to put as many ppl in the boats to reach our numbers (1000 per hour), we could fit 4 per row. Now they cant have 4 in the front after what I read cause this is where the problem is when going into the boat swings and they dont load seperate parties into the rows.

good explanation - thanks!

CinematicFusion

From watching the video, it looks like Disney did an excellent job with Frozen. It's better then what I thought it would be.
It will be a crowd pleaser and feels like a classic dark ride, lines are going to be ridiculous.

After Star Wars is completed, Disney needs to add Ratatouille to France (why not? Frozen changes the rules to world showcase and that ride in France will add balance) and do a complete redesign of imagination. Looking around 2023.

Goofyernmost

Looks like Disney does still use it, and in a way consistent with what fans would think.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/shanghai-disneylands-treasure-cove-unveiled/

It has also been stated many times that Disney internally refers to the rides in Avatar Land as an E Ticket for Flight of Passage and a C Ticket for Na'vi River Journey. You just ignore all of it.
You just ignore that they are promoting something and are going to use whatever trigger words they can think of to make sure that it is a must see. It could be a festering pile of manure inside and they would call it an E ride. That is, of course, if those words were from Disney. That's called promotional advertising that you just ignore!

jt04

From watching the video, it looks like Disney did an excellent job with Frozen. It's better then what I thought it would be.
It will be a crowd pleaser and feels like a classic dark ride, lines are going to be ridiculous.

After Star Wars is completed, Disney needs to add Ratatouille to France (why not? Frozen changes the rules to world showcase and that ride in France will add balance) and do a complete redesign of imagination. Looking around 2023.

This project will be studied as Epcot 2.0 enters blue sky phase is how I see it. DAK then DHS then Epcot, and finally the MK.

Goofyernmost

I think most people are aware of the history of the ticket system. In today's world the A-E ticket designation does not have the same meaning as it did when they sold the ticket books. It's used today internally at WDI and in the fan community to describe the scope and quality of a ride. Forget the economics behind the system from the past. It probably has a slightly different meaning for everyone, but IMHO, a true E ticket has to be a park headliner. An attraction with either cutting edge technology or a grand scope and long run time. A high quality ride which lacks the scope and/or length of an E-ticket is usually considered a D (7DMT). C is the next level down. I rarely hear anyone talk about A or B anymore.
Know why?... they don't exist. They are nothing but random determinations made either by Disney, in the day, or todays expert using their own criteria. The only fault with 7DMT is the perceived needed length, the rest is detailed, and technologically tuned in. That would mean that an E must be longer to be good? If people line up for hours to ride it, my friend, it is an E ticket full scale.

UpAllNight

The thought of Epcot plundering on in its current form for 8 years is disturbing. The changes need to be financed and implemented NOW.

JWG

Just for the record, internally the Avatar boat is classed, discussed and called a C.The simulator is classed, discussed and called an E.

Now back to Epcots D :D
I'm not sure the current state of Epcot earns it a "D" - maybe the additional Soarin' capacity pulls it up from "F"... ;)

cindy_k

Frozen Ever After is listed as Temporarily Closed this morning on the Disney Experience app. 5 minutes for Mexico. Did Frozen not open this morning?

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Screenshot_2016-06-23-09-58-07.png
Welp, we're off to a good start today

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom