Frozen Ever After opening day

Mawg

This is how I feel. I've seen people complaining about long lines. Long lines aren't Disneys fault. Just a massive amount of people want to ride. While it is very nice to give out free things while people wait, there is no reason for it.
You don't think the long line is Disney's Fault? You take a world wide popular IP and build a ride with a capacity of 12000 a day knowing that 25000 a day visit the park, but hey it's not Disney's fault every one wants to ride it. The way I see it is people are waiting in line 5 hours because of a major planning mistake by Disney.

FrankLapidus

The AAs look fantastic.

The attraction as a whole looks to be a quality dark ride, a very nice addition. When I look at what they've done with this little pocket of land I can't help but wonder what they could have achieved with more space, creating a Frozen expansion at Fantasyland. Putting that aside, I think Disney have done a really good job here overall, in truth from watching the on-ride videos it looks like they've surpassed what I expected.

I'm very much looking forward to experiencing it for myself in September.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You don't think the long line is Disney's Fault? You take a world wide popular IP and build a ride with a capacity of 12000 a day knowing that 25000 a day visit the park, but hey it's not Disney's fault every one wants to ride it. The way I see it is people are waiting in line 5 hours because of a major planning mistake by Disney.

I look at it as people are waiting in line 5 hours because they are completely insane ;)

No Name

Note that hourly capacity and ride length have nothing to do with each other. More people do not get to ride if the track is longer. The ride could be an hour in length, and while that would keep more people off of the pathways, in no way would it allow more people to ride. Just saying that because I saw a few worrying comments.

1,500 compared to 1,000. Not terrible, but not good for a D ticket

I don't think that's true, where did you get that from?

This site has some images from when we were guessing, would say it's pretty close.

http://didyouknowmagic.tumblr.com/post/116791301780/frozen-ride-update

Good picture!

But to who asked the question, in case that doesn't make it clear... basically, for Maelstrom, the load and unload areas were completely seperate. So after you got off, the boat had to travel some distance to get to the loading station. Now, the load and unload are pratically touching each other, so you're in the boat for the entire duration. By moving the load and unload closer together, they increased the ride time. A very smart idea, I'd say.

So from the picture, it may look like they added only a tiny bit of track (the S-bend). And that's true. But the ride is significantly longer due to them having moved the loading station.

mickEblu

How much would it cost to to re do Splash Mountain with advanced AA's like these? I'm kidding but at least for the important ones? Brer Rabbit/ Fox/ Bear.

DisUniversal

Yeah I feel the same way, I meant for attractions like Peter Pans Flight, Snow Whites Scary Adventures (DL). I've seen a few people say the projection AAs look chessy and cheap but I personally feel it adds more life to the AA.
THIS would be an example of cheesy and cheap....
DisneySpringBreak2013052_zps728a226b-500x333.jpg

BrianLo

Hunny Hunt didn't absolutely blow me away but it's a fantastic attraction. I'd consider it and Monster's Inc Ride and Go Seek to be E ticket family friendly rides.

I probably use the ticketing thing incorrectly, but I try and use it for the scope of an attraction rather than its popularity of whether I like it. I hope you can eventually do Mystic Manor, then you'll follow my logic that Hunny Hunt is a D in scope.

If I was really being technical I'd call it a D+ and Mystic Manor an E+ to both identify their respective scopes and acknowledge that they are both top tier of execution for their respective classes.

I just hate to mislead people into thinking Hunny Hunt is a 10 minute extravaganza when it barely cracks 4. D+ sets the expectation that it's still a supporting attraction in length/thrill, but one of the best anywhere for what it is.

RSoxNo1

I probably use the ticketing thing incorrectly, but I try and use it for the scope of an attraction rather than its popularity of whether I like it. I hope you can eventually do Mystic Manor, then you'll follow my logic that Hunny Hunt is a D in scope.

If I was really being technical I'd call it a D+ and Mystic Manor an E+ to both identify their respective scopes and acknowledge that they are both top tier of execution for their respective classes.

I just hate to mislead people into thinking Hunny Hunt is a 10 minute extravaganza when it barely cracks 4. D+ sets the expectation that it's still a supporting attraction in length/thrill, but one of the best anywhere for what it is.
Ride length isn't necessarily the only factor though. Without question Journey to the Center of the Earth is an E-ticket yet it's a short ride. I understand what you're saying because generally I'd call Fantasyland style dark rides C-tickets. Hunny Hunt is a substantial upgrade from your traditional Fantasyland ride though.

RSoxNo1

Regarding Frozen's capacity. I suspect it's probably going to fall in the 1200-1300 range. There may be optimum conditions that could get it higher, but I think 1200-1300 will be the norm. That's better than Maelstrom, but still very insufficient for the anticipated demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom