Frozen Ever After opening day

ABQ

Apparently the FP+ queue is all inside now, about 20 minutes. Looks like they are almost caught up. I assume once they get FP caught up they will reopen standby.
Rather wish they wouldn't, instead just get the last FP+ on the ride and shut it down for they day and get to work repairing.

Disney Analyst

Rather wish they wouldn't, instead just get the last FP+ on the ride and shut it down for they day and get to work repairing.

I don't know if it so much repairing as opposed to just very technical, with computers all speaking to each other... causing show scenes and or figures to shut down. But I don't know, perhaps there is damage happening.

muse1983

Appreciate the video.......as it's 100% confirmation that the removal of Maelstrom for this nonsense was one of the biggest blunders Disney has made in their parks.
Stretching pretty hard with that comment. As a Disney World nut for over 25 years I find it to be a pretty charming upgrade. Maelstrom had its own charm but I certainly can't justify it as being an attraction that didn't deserve a nice sendoff and update. My only gripe is the location

DisneyJunkie

Stretching pretty hard with that comment. As a Disney World nut for over 25 years I find it to be a pretty charming upgrade. Maelstrom had its own charm but I certainly can't justify it as being an attraction that didn't deserve a nice sendoff and update. My only gripe is the location

No stretch at all, considering the fact that the Frozen garbage still has absolutely NOTHING to do with providing guests any kind of education on the culture or history of Norway.

MagicHappens1971

Finally got a chance to watch the full ride through. Only watched a small part earlier. Personally yes I feel it's slightly a book report but a little different. This has much more of a story then VOTLM does. All of the songs were rerecorded to include new phrases kinda including the fact that everyone in the boat is on a journey to go see Elsa and Anna through their story. I.e.: Anna & Kristoffs little scene. I think the AAs are spectacular, effects were pretty cool too. Would I wait 5 hours for it? No way, but definitely a solid ride and much much better then VOTLM story wise. And personally the most technologically advanced dark ride Disneys created (that I've seen or heard of).

Rich T

Are you a WDW regular...do you live down there? I guess I might be able to see that but even then it seems like it's more about "having" to ride it on the first day of operation. I mean, it is going to be there for awhile. I'm a Disneylander and when Racers opened up, we had similar waits. I really wanted to ride it, but no way Jose. My time was more valuable. But to each his own.
I'm a Disneylander who visited WDW once in '93 and loved Epcot. The thing about waiting in line is that it's a state of mind. It can be a party with friends that culminates in the ride/movie/tech purchase you've lined up for or it can be a slog. For me, the circumstances would have to be right. I waited in a 2 hour line for Space Mountain when it first opened, and the thing I remember most about it was how much fun my dad and I had just talking to each other and people-watching. Today, I wouldn't wait that long for a Frozen attraction, but if it was something I was chomping at the bit to ride (say...an epic e-ticket Zootopia Cop Car chase ride) and I had a good friend or family member to wait with me and we wouldn't be returning to Disneyland for another year... yeah, I'd wait five hours for that. :)

Stevek

Fair point... I rode Maelstrom many many times... and I learned nothing much... Apparently they have ugly trolls?
Ugly trolls and oil rigs. Yup, that's Norway...or at least what they taught me from the ride. The reality is that no matter how good some of us think the ride looks, there will be those that will never accept it because a) it's Arrendale, not Norway, b) it's Frozen and c) Disney Fans.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I loved reading all the people on the first few pages saying the Frozen craze was over and Disney had underestimated the appeal of the ride.

I watched the video with my kids and the AA look amazing! Very fluid. Elsa on in the castle moving her arms around looks amazing! I agree that I would not wait 5 hours for it but it is a great new dark/boat ride. My family was always meh on Maelstrom anyway and thought the hour wait for that wasn't worth it either.

It does have a story, listen to the lyrics. Elsa has invited everyone up to the ice palace for a visit. You go up the mountain for a visit them back down. It's not a deep story but then again ask most people the plot of POTC or the HM and you aren't doing to get much of an answer.

Stevek

I'm a Disneylander who visited WDW once in '93 and loved Epcot. The thing about waiting in line is that it's a state of mind. It can be a party with friends that culminates in the ride/movie/tech purchase you've lined up for or it can be a slog. For me, the circumstances would have to be right. I waited in a 2 hour line for Space Mountain when it first opened, and the thing I remember most about it was how much fun my dad and I had just talking to each other and people-watching. Today, I wouldn't wait that long for a Frozen attraction, but if it was something I was chomping at the bit to ride (say...an epic e-ticket Zootopia Cop Car chase ride) and I had a good friend or family member to wait with me and we wouldn't be returning to Disneyland for another year... yeah, I'd wait five hours for that. :)
I'm 49, more than 2 hours for anything is a slog. I did long waits for Star Tours, Indy, Thunder, Space Mountain...I just don't have the tolerance for it anymore. For those willing to do it, go for it. Glad you were able to ride it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom