Frozen Ever After opening day

Wdw62114

Well everyone has their own personal tastes when it comes to what WOWs them at WDW. I personally am not a fan of Epcot on any level. The WS is very cool but once you've walked through it countless times, it just gets stale. I think Illuminations is the most boring and worst nighttime even on property, and Future World is and has been in a very bad state for years. I got FPs for this next month and was planning on going to Epcot just for like 3 hours. I get that watching a youtube video is not as realistic as experiencing it in person, but by what I saw so far, the ride seemed ehhhhh. AAs I admit are amazing, but the ride seems to not bring that WOW factor like imagineers have done in the past (or present with Shanghai Pirates). Debating whether to go and get a full experience or just skip my least fav park all-together and spend more time on the mountains.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It seems the attraction is very well done...but obviously for some they will never get beyond the wrong location for it...and for some, they just cannot stand Frozen period, lol.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Let's be honest here. There is a large segment of WDW fans that weren't going to be happy with this ride no matter what was presented. It could have been the most incredible thing since the wheel and a lot of us would have still grabbed the pitchforks and torches.

The ride is what it is. Great use of the new animatronics and all. I wouldn't go as far as calling it the "greatest Disney dark ride ever" as another blog did or wait 5 hours. But hey, to each their own. I miss Maelstrom and the boring charm of the old World Showcase before the cartoony era took over.

By the way, is the weird smell still on the ride that you would smell towards the end of Maelstrom by the oil rig? Or was that just sweaty tourists?

mergatroid

I've got to say after all the time people have been saying this ride was going to be terrible, it actually looks very well done indeed. I appreciate it's not great to replace Norway with an imaginary country but that argument ran it's course and so shouldn't really detract with what the ride itself is like now it's built.

It looks like they've put a lot of effort into it all and I can imagine kids thinking it's the greatest thing ever. I also think there's a great ride there too for adults and people who've not seen the movie (if these folk exist). Visually it's very pretty on the eye with some great effects and you can tell they've not done it cheaply either.

I'm sure there'll be people who genuinely don't like it as with any ride. I'm also sure there'll be some who've spent so much time saying it's going to be awful that they'll have to pretend they hate it just to save face as it's actually pretty good.

Last edited:
I may have made this up, but does anyone else remember reading that there would be snow falling in this ride? I vaguely remember coming across an article stating that this would be the case.

Magenta Panther

So it looks like part of the queue is Wandering Oaken's, and somebody's in the sauna? In Martin's video, there's a door in the Oaken area that's got a fogged-up window and the sound of someone pounding on it...didn't I read somewhere that Oaken himself was supposed to appear in that area somehow?

FigmentFreak

WDeF7IC.png
RIP Olaf

Olaf looks possessed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom