Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mergatroid

Well it's all subjective really and kind of depends on what you like. At the end of the day whilst I'm sure Disney are doing this Frozen stuff to make money, they can only really do that if there's a public demand for it. If nobody liked the movie then there'd be no gain in Disney providing this 'entertainment' or producing or selling the merchandise. So if an individual does't like it, then that's unfortunate but just the way it is! Ok I accept they might be milking it a bit too much for everyone's liking, however many people love the fact there's so many opportunities to engage with it.

I'll be honest and admit that the first time I watched Frozen was just 2 weeks ago. I actually enjoyed it and loved some of the music, however at my age I'm not going to be buying stuff or queuing to see the characters (my wife would get suspicious of me waiting 5 hours to have an attractive young lady give me a hug anyway). When we went in Sept/Oct this year we didn't queue to see Anna or Elsa, didn't even know there was a shop, let alone an indoor ice rink and whilst we had planned to see the fireworks, we never got round to it either. The point is though, nobody tried forcing us to do it! We either didn't know about it or didn't choose to do it, it's as simple as that.

Ok we don't have kids and some adults will claim that they have no choice other than to take their little girl or boy to the Frozen 'activities'. However they can say 'no' if they want to, they just choose not to to avoid tantrums or disappointment. If anything the multiple Frozen activities make it easier for parents because if there was only one and they couldn't say 'no', they'd be queuing even longer to get in to it. So if you don't like it try to avoid it, it wasn't that difficult for us during our visit.

Last edited:

Siren

Original Poster
It's so unfortunate that the Frozen construction thread had to be closed, it was awful though -- which is why I *never* posted in that thread. But, at least there is a new thread now.

Anyway, this thread is proof that the WDWMagic community that I know and love is a brilliant and classy community.

It also demonstrates that we are more than capable of engaging civil and respectful discourse regarding *Frozen* without the bullying and nasty attacks that have been happening recently.

There are *25* pages and almost *500* posts in this thread about Frozen and not a single insult or attack. Not *one*.

This is why I joined this amazing forum.

There is no right or wrong here -- just *feelings*. Each person is entitled to have an opinion about Frozestrom without being labeled, attacked and/or called a troll. We are so much better than that

"Newsweek: Outing Elsa of 'Frozen' Would Be a Weak Compromise For Disney's LGBT Fans"

Disney, I told you so! I predicted this would happen!

I pleaded for you to give Elsa a boyfriend almost two years ago because I *knew* this was going to happen.

The "#GiveElsaAGirlfriend" campaign has gone viral. I saw this on twitter, my morning news and it's on every news outlet.

People are obsessed with "labels." It's sad that our community will not allow beautiful single woman to just exist and be content without being labeled. You have to have a man, otherwise you will be harassed and labeled.

So, at this point -- Elsa's chance of ever finding a genuine love interest is pretty much ruined, IMO.

Disney, you have already damaged Elsa's character just as I predicted you would. Disney, you had a golden opportunity to define Elsa early on in the Frozen short but you refused to do it.

Since then, Elsa has garnered so much attention, interest and so many people admire her -- that if you a pick a side, you are going anger and hurt a large group of people.

So, now poor Elsa has to remain ambiguous and single forever -- and the awkward third wheel to Anna and Kristoff's blossoming relationship. Ugh. I just can't relate to that. I really don't care what Disney does with Elsa at this point.

Not to mention, it appears that Elsa will continue to be the boring third wheel to Anna and Kristoff's love life again. Where on earth are Elsa's boyfriends? Disney just seems to be intent on dumbing Elsa's image right down. I so hope I am wrong about this.
Unfortunately, it looks like I was *right* about this -- just like everything else.

Actually, I LOVE the premise. We didn't get to see much of Elsa and what she does not being queen or hiding her powers. It would be fun to see her try to interract with people she's get at arms' length or further for over a decade.
Wow, it looks like you may get your wish, Matt!

So, her having her own romantic interests would improve her story how? I'm just curious how you'd see that playing out? (genuine question)
Because of what is happening right now. I just explained it above. @englanddg -- Hope all is well with you.

I still say Disney ought to give Anna powers - that could be the point of the sequel. Anna's a late bloomer, y'see, and suddenly displays the power to control fire (hey, her sister's a blonde, and has ice powers, right? So Anna's a redhead, and has fire powers. Synergy!) Then maybe Anna dolls would sell better. Iger would love that. Ka-ching!
Again, this is an awesome idea. But the "#GiveElsaAGirlfriend" campaign has picked up some serious momentum and they are demanding to see this play out in "Frozen 2". The sequel will be very interesting no matter what Disney does.

I would love to see what they could have done with a Horizons refurb and those IMAX screens.

Really, they're short changing frozen with squeezing it into Norway. You have that horrible polluted stank fest (take a guess what I'm talking about) in MK that's just begging to be utilized and Frozen, imo, is a great IP to use there.
The Frozen meet and greet attracted millions of visitors to the Norway pavilion. People were waiting over 7+ hours just to meet Anna and Elsa.

The point that you're missing is that Frozen is a substantial draw for World Showcase as a *whole*, not just the Norway Pavilion -- every pavilion has benefited from Frozen.

I was thinking the other day: You know EPCOT Center opened October 1, 1982 -- a mere 11 years after Walt Disney World itself opened, with only the Magic Kingdom, three hotels, and a campground.

They researched, planned, designed, and built the park (including infrastructure and the longest monorail line they have ever built), all in shorter time than than it seems anything would get done today.

They took huge risks back then, but they also believed in what they were doing, even with some huge discussions and differences in opinion about how to do it. (Remember that it also evolved in that time from Walt's original "city" plan, with residents.)

It just reminds me how cumbersome the bureaucracy has become today. And just exactly how much vision and perseverance they had back then.
I really don't get this comment. Per wiki, Walt Disney World today has expanded into 4 Theme Parks, 2 Water Parks, Disney Springs, 25 Hotels, Fort Wilderness and well over a hundred restaurants and dining options, and so much more.

And, Disney is currently adding more attractions and dining, etc.

Per wiki -- "When the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971, the site employed about 5,500 "cast members". Today, Walt Disney World employs more than 70,000 cast members, spending more than $1.2 billion on payroll and $474 million on benefits each year. The largest single-site employer in the United States, Walt Disney World has more than 3,700 job classifications."

Is there any other theme park out there that consists of all of this?

And the lack of cohones anybody in the company has today. Seriously, when will Disney build something so grand and awe inspiring again that it defies belief in what a theme park is capable of? Look at their latest creation. 7DMT is not bad, but its nothing amazing especially considering how long it took to build. They seem ok with just playing it safe and not taking any major leaps forward to rewrite the playbook.
Disney is "grand and awe inspiring" to tens of millions of visitors each year, myself included.

Your comment is like asking for a brand new sun to rise each morning. LOL.

And, why does Disney need to rewrite the playbook? It's akin to demanding that Ford rewrite the automobile for you. Sure, the automobile continues to evolve with the addition of new technology and features but the car still has requires an engine and four wheels. Disney has evolved much in the same way.

This is just my opinion..I am sick of Frozen. Don't hate people who like it and not upset with Disney for pushing it. It does suck for a Disney fan who likes to frequent Disney parks, sites, etc who would like to see/enjoy the many other treasures that Disney offers. It is hard to do that without a Frozen infusion. Since the inception of the WDW Xmas parade, I have always watched it.... this year I did not... since I could live without yet another marketing vehicle devoted to Frozen.
I can understand feeling like this two years ago but not today. Star Wars has definitely taken over since then.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Disney is "grand and awe inspiring" to tens of millions of visitors each year, myself included.

And, why does Disney need to rewrite the playbook? It's akin to demanding that Ford rewrite the automobile for you. Sure, the automobile continues to evolve with the addition of new technology and features but the car still has requires an engine and four wheels. Disney has evolved much in the same way.
Sorry, but, with the competition so close down the road, you can clearly see Disney resting on their laurels/butts.
Disney is driving a '57 Chevy that isn't being maintained well, but is still considered a "classic". Universal is driving a friggin' hovercar.

RSoxNo1

I wrote several very negative pieces about this that I know found their way into the executive offices of Disney. This is a horrible idea for many reasons, but beyond the bad placement of theme and the operational issues it sets a precedent. World Showcase as we know it is forever changed.

September 14, 2014: It's the End of the World [Showcase] As We Know It
September 27, 2015: Frozen in Norway... A look back back over the falls

This sets the precedent for World Showcase, and it's a continuation of the belief that Intellectual Property driven rides are the future.

May 10, 2015: Addicted to the Easy Money

mouse_luv

When I saw this was back I first thought..
holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

then I made the mistake of reading what brought it back and the input there and thought...
32247ffabb76e47326d8496fb311000a.jpg

Speedy71

Option 3: Update the old ride (like they've done with PotC, HM, and ST and what was actually planned at one point) and build a brand new one for a movie that made over $1 billion in either MK or DHS that has a large enough capacity to actually handle the crowds it will attract, but what do I know.

Especially since both MK and DHS desperately needs some new attractions.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The point that you're missing is that Frozen is a substantial draw for World Showcase as a *whole*, not just the Norway Pavilion -- every pavilion has benefited from Frozen.
Your entire post was a psychological dumpster fire (as usual), but this part shows just how out of touch with reality you and the rest of celebration place are.

There are two types of guests at WDW. First time visitors, and returning guests. Returning guests that never found WS appealing will not have any more of a desire to visit the Morocco Pavilion or France after waiting in line at Frozen for two hours. They will only visit Noway pavilion for the new ride. What would be the draw to visit any of the other pavilions? You know, The same pavilions they found boring in the past and have nothing new in terms of a ride. But lets say they do. Perhaps they stop by Kunstarbeit Kristal in Germany pavilion. The shop has been there for years. Will they all of the sudden fall in love with it and buy Swarovski jewelry now because they just saw Olaf in Norway? No, they wont. They may walk by Germany pavilion, see that there is no new ride with characters and then keep it moving. Which brings us to the second type of guest, first time visitors.

First timers are just like the rest of us. They will face peril and adventure and either find the beauty and charm (pun intended) of WS and enjoy it in its entirety, or they will fall into the "WS is boring because it doesnt have any rides" category. They will use their FP for Frozen ride or wait a few hours to ride it then leave WS. Why you, or any of the other minions in Celebration Place believe there will be some new found interest in bangers and mash at England pavilion simply because across the lake you can hear 'Let it Go' playing all day is beyond me. Do you guys have group meeting about online damage control or does TWDC just let you make it up as you go along?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I really don't care what Disney does with Elsa at this point.
You say that after a 9 paragraph rant about how you "told Disney" to do something.

Never said the resort as a whole wasnt grand and awe inspiring. If you read my comment (which you took the time to highlight in blue) you would see that it says "build something AGAIN" that is awe inspiring. Whats the last attraction that really blew our socks off? ToT? Soarin? 15-20 years ago? Please reply with 7DMT, Im itchin for you to throw it out there. And dont forget to use the company buzz words (immersive and magical) they taught you in training when they strapped you in a chair and forced your eyelids open for 92 hours as they played intense images on a screen and Cupcake Fickly-Baker was reading Catcher in the Rye out loud. And oh ya, try and plug Disney Springs and Star Wars too!

droogie.jpg

Lirael

Eeeey moderators, someone resurrected a thread dead for two years for the sake of off topic conversations on how they're amazing.

How about closing this one as well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom