Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Your entire post was a psychological dumpster fire (as usual), but this part shows just how out of touch with reality you and the rest of celebration place are.

There are two types of guests at WDW. First time visitors, and returning guests. Returning guests that never found WS appealing will not have any more of a desire to visit the Morocco Pavilion or France after waiting in line at Frozen for two hours. They will only visit Noway pavilion for the new ride. What would be the draw to visit any of the other pavilions? You know, The same pavilions they found boring in the past and have nothing new in terms of a ride. But lets say they do. Perhaps they stop by Kunstarbeit Kristal in Germany pavilion. The shop has been there for years. Will they all of the sudden fall in love with it and buy Swarovski jewelry now because they just saw Olaf in Norway? No, they wont. They may walk by Germany pavilion, see that there is no new ride with characters and then keep it moving. Which brings us to the second type of guest, first time visitors.

First timers are just like the rest of us. They will face peril and adventure and either find the beauty and charm (pun intended) of WS and enjoy it in its entirety, or they will fall into the "WS is boring because it doesnt have any rides" category. They will use their FP for Frozen ride or wait a few hours to ride it then leave WS. Why you, or any of the other minions in Celebration Place believe there will be some new found interest in bangers and mash at England pavilion simply because across the lake you can hear 'Let it Go' playing all day is beyond me. Do you guys have group meeting about online damage control or does TWDC just let you make it up as you go along?

Eeeey moderators, someone resurrected a thread dead for two years for the sake off topic conversations on how they're amazing.

How about closing this one as well?

Because "psychological dumpster fire" was by far and above worth a two year thread bump. I'm dying- that's the best phrase I've heard in a long while. :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Do I have to get Walt to explain things for you.

I'm not going to comment on the thread directly because, well, because both sides of the argument are stupid. However, to try and connect the Epcot that we have with anything even remotely connected to anything that Walt said about it is beyond any feasible explanation. Walt's Epcot bore no resemblance to the one we got. He was dead long before the concept of our Epcot was ever even imagined. So let's just make like that particular post was meant for a different thread and go on with the train wreck. And that train wreck is getting larger and larger.
th

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Go look at what happened with the original Norway Pavilion Frozen construction thread. Someone wrote a long post complaining about how off-topic everyone was being and the whole thread had to get shut down.

I can believe it. If someone's intention is to throw a fit because a thread isnt 100% on topic the entire time, they dont have to be in that thread. Apparently people still have a hard time understanding that concept, lol.

Kate F

I can believe it. If someone's intention is to throw a fit because a thread isnt 100% on topic the entire time, they dont have to be in that thread. Apparently people still have a hard time understanding that concept, lol.
To be fair the thread did get pretty out of hand, but I still don't think that it warranted putting the thread on lock. I was actually kind of enjoying the craziness. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...uction-frozen-ever-after-ride.897759/page-244

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
To be fair the thread did get pretty out of hand, but I still don't think that it warranted putting the thread on lock. I was actually kind of enjoying the craziness. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...uction-frozen-ever-after-ride.897759/page-244

I feel like its the random poster who was calling out the staff multiple times as the main reason why it got locked, not only that he probably went and reported every single post that had nothing to do with Frozen because "his time on this forum was limited" and he couldn't be asked to scroll through pages of other things.

lazyboy97o

I'm not going to comment on the thread directly because, well, because both sides of the argument are stupid. However, to try and connect the Epcot that we have with anything even remotely connected to anything that Walt said about it is beyond any feasible explanation. Walt's Epcot bore no resemblance to the one we got. He was dead long before the concept of our Epcot was ever even imagined. So let's just make like that particular post was meant for a different thread and go on with the train wreck. And that train wreck is getting larger and larger.
th
EPCOT Center is very clearly descended from the EPCOT concept. The over emphasis on the city aspect just ignores the actual content.

Goofyernmost

EPCOT Center is very clearly descended from the EPCOT concept. The over emphasis on the city aspect just ignores the actual content.
No, it doesn't even begin to descend from that process. It never was strictly a "land of tomorrow" in fact, it was more a history and a present situation. The only one that came close was Horizons, other then that notta! OK, I will concede that tossing around the word "future" was gleaned from the original concept, but, words and actually being that should not to be confused. Even Innovations highlighted things that were current and known, no real glimpse into the future. Everyone may not have had access to some of it, but, it existed otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom