Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

wdwgreek

Is this thread still about Frozen at DHS lol. I agree with the earlier sentiment that they way they edited the clips of Olaf together was like a really bad high school video report, very glitchy. This is a nice addition overall, it reminds me of the promotions from the 90's.

BrianV

A lot of things aren't released via the PR office.

What can I say, I'm skeptical of inside sources. What is only known to one person for 10 days may have been known by others for months. In this case, however, two individuals seem to have separately confirmed this so I am satisfied it is likely true, at least to they level they have access.

I haven't seen this yet--will in a month--but the contracts for the people, the fireworks, the ice rink, etc. being pulled together in 10 days is impressive. It may end up being crummy when I see it. I'm sure it will make money

pmaljr

Just got back. IF this was put together in two weeks, and I have no reason not to believe that, bravo to the folks who pulled it off. It did not look "cheap" at all, it looked well done and, other than missing the interviews with celebrities, very much like the SWW we went to a month ago. We had a very good time, even dodging the rain, in a very crowded park. Getting a spot for viewing the "welcome" parade was a chore since we arrived less than an hour before it started. It's a shame the weather messed up the fireworks, though. Lots of decorations, from the parking lot, up to and including the cool video boards and street signage. Cool event, especially for no extra charge.

PS We didn't wait in line for the shop.

Cesar R M

Is this thread still about Frozen at DHS lol. I agree with the earlier sentiment that they way they edited the clips of Olaf together was like a really bad high school video report, very glitchy. This is a nice addition overall, it reminds me of the promotions from the 90's.
hopefully with the popularity it is getting.. They will hire the voice actor of Olaff (or an alternate?) to create full segments and not recycled ones?

cw1982

hopefully with the popularity it is getting.. They will hire the voice actor of Olaff (or an alternate?) to create full segments and not recycled ones?

I'm sure this was more of an issue of having time to create original segments than anything. I'd say that I can't see them updating things now, since the event is only supposed to last a couple of months, but they've proven me wrong on several counts with this already so I may as well not speculate any further lol.

jrh1985

Pyro wise was a ten day notice from call to first show.

That's not a lot of time, and don't they get their Pyro from China? Wonder how many days are in 1 shipment? Also, how long does it take to get to WDW and to get set up? Unless they got the Pyro from other parks and canceled SWW Shows?

Last edited:

DisneyFan 2000

Pyro wise was a ten day notice from call to first show.
Hate to say it but it shows, IMO. I'm a big fan of firework shows, and even during Disney's cheapest hours the shows have always been exceptional. I guess with this one what's really lacking is A. A more cohesive orchestra and not chopped up segments from the CD. B. Bigger variation of shell types. Oh well, I will admit it's nice to have fireworks at DHS. It's almost become the norm to expect something only at MK or Epcot.

natatomic

Question regarding the fireworks - they're having to close down the back of the park early for those, correct? Like GMR, Toy Story? That's one thing that concerns me if this Frozen things extends past summer - Toy Story already has abysmal capacity, and shutting it down early every night certainly does not help. Also, did people not have FP+ reserved for TSMM (or GMR) in June and July for later hours? What happened to their FPs? Were they moved up, or did they just lose them and were forced to choose something else? Or was no one allows to book FPs for that time, meaning that there should have been a hint that fireworks (or something) were coming?

asianway

Question regarding the fireworks - they're having to close down the back of the park early for those, correct? Like GMR, Toy Story? That's one thing that concerns me if this Frozen things extends past summer - Toy Story already has abysmal capacity, and shutting it down early every night certainly does not help. Also, did people not have FP+ reserved for TSMM (or GMR) in June and July for later hours? What happened to their FPs? Were they moved up, or did they just lose them and were forced to choose something else? Or was no one allows to book FPs for that time, meaning that there should have been a hint that fireworks (or something) were coming?
Yes all closed for any fireworks display. Did you check dis? That sounds like something they would have hashed out

cw1982

I know several people who have been given a floating fastpass to use in place of their TSMM pass that was booked later than 8 pm on nights when the fireworks are scheduled. It looks like as long as their window was over by 8 pm they got to keep the original fastpass from what I've seen. Otherwise, they got an email from Disney and a floating FP added to their account.

natatomic

I know several people who have been given a floating fastpass to use in place of their TSMM pass that was booked later than 8 pm on nights when the fireworks are scheduled. It looks like as long as their window was over by 8 pm they got to keep the original fastpass from what I've seen. Otherwise, they got an email from Disney and a floating FP added to their account.
Gotcha. Thanks! I was wondering how they worked that all out.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
That's not a lot of time, and don't they get their Pyro from China? Wonder how many days are in 1 shipment? Also, how long does it take to get to WDW and to get set up? Unless they got the Pyro from other parks and canceled SWW Shows?

I was under the impression that they were transitioning to sources from spain and italy. But I am not 100% either way

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Hate to say it but it shows, IMO. I'm a big fan of firework shows, and even during Disney's cheapest hours the shows have always been exceptional. I guess with this one what's really lacking is A. A more cohesive orchestra and not chopped up segments from the CD. B. Bigger variation of shell types. Oh well, I will admit it's nice to have fireworks at DHS. It's almost become the norm to expect something only at MK or Epcot.

Well, its not like they have a giant inventory of fireworks they can pull from. They have what they have....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom