Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Next Big Thing

The show doesn't seem to use a ton of pyro so they should be fine. It's more of a theatrical production/fireworks hybrid. A good amount of time is spent focusing on the actors/Olaf.

jt04

Here is a view of the Frozen Fireworks from across the water outside the park - amazing view! Love the pyro design on this - really well done to the crew on this one.

Really good that they put in the time and effort to get this new addition to the Studios right. I have a feeling the crowds will prove that over the summer.

They just need to get busy on that Maelstrom project.

jt04

They need to leave Maelstrom the heck alone and start planning a Frozen Land. And not cut corners for a change.

How bout Maelstrom Frozen overlay AND Frozen Land at the MK or the Studios? Frozen Land would take a few years but the WS Frozen could happen much sooner. So just add all the above.

Matt_Black

How bout Maelstrom Frozen overlay AND Frozen Land at the MK or the Studios? Frozen Land would take a few years but the WS Frozen could happen much sooner. So just add all the above.

Yeah. Toy Story is represented with attractions in both MK and DHS after all....

Kman101

Personally, I don't think it needs to be in two parks. A well done Frozen kingdom in the Fantasy Forest, you know where they have other castles (Eric's, Beast's ...) would make the most sense ... they have clearly made their decision. I'm sure they could "easily" go for an immersive land but they aren't, and that speaks volumes.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Personally, I don't think it needs to be in two parks. A well done Frozen kingdom in the Fantasy Forest, you know where they have other castles (Eric's, Beast's ...) would make the most sense ... they have clearly made their decision. I'm sure they could "easily" go for an immersive land but they aren't, and that speaks volumes.

Really, based on a temporary celebration at a park that badly needs something you believe they have made their decision to not build anything?

Willing to bet there is nothing easy about spending four to five hundred million dollars on a new land.

Kman101

Really, based on a temporary celebration at a park that badly needs something you believe they have made their decision to not build anything?

Willing to bet there is nothing easy about spending four to five hundred million dollars on a new land.

What? LOL

Hence the "easily" in quotations. I know it's not easy to just "throw down" millions on a land.

I'm basing that they aren't going to build anything off of the fact that they are putting a Frozen ride into Maelstrom. IMO, which needs to be emphasized, apparently, they could have more than likely greenlit a land if they wanted to. They're choosing to put it into Maelstrom. Why on earth would they then spend money to build a land later? As I've said, it's clear they've made their choice. Of course anything can happen.

And by "two parks" I meant Epcot and Magic Kingdom. DHS had nothing to do with my post. I've actually defended and appreciate what they did for Frozen at DHS.

Not sure why you took my post the way you did?

BrightImagine

As I was at the first day of Frozen Summer Fun, I wanted to add a couple of things that I haven't seen mentioned here so far.

On the opening day they were routing everyone through one queue into Frozen Funland, and then from there you could wait a second time to enter Oaken's. But once you went into Oaken's you could not go backward into Frozen Funland without standing in the queue again. This procedure may have changed since the first day.

The amount of merchandise available in Oaken's was amazing! There were a plentiful supply of the Barbie-sized dolls, the Animator's Collection dolls, and the plush rag dolls, even a whole rack of Elsa dresses. (I found an Elsa costume in XL for my tall girl, after months and months of looking and not even being sure if her size existed.) If you have been frustrated looking for Frozen items that keep selling out... it is a treat to enter this store.We could see CMs replenishing the dolls every few minutes. We talked to some of the CMs about just how FAST Oaken's came together - starting from the very moment Darth's Mall closed.

The treats inside Oaken's were also great - there is a rice crispy treat that looks like a sparkly snowball, delicious. We tried all of the cupcakes and the standout was the Olaf - carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I thought the Anna cupcake would be best but it contains a lot of blue food coloring to match her skirt.

We did not make it to the Sing Along yet and we didn't stay for fireworks due to some rain in the late afternoon. Everything looked beautiful (not "thrown together") and they were doing a great job handling a massive crowd on the first day. I would suggest not judging this event by forums or twitter because there seems to be a lot of negativity out there, and we had a wonderful experience.

mm52200

It's sad that people can't appreciate that DHS is fully utilizing it's full park capacity in the first time in forever (sorry I couldn't resist the pun). When was the last time DHS had a show playing in every theatre, attractions/entertainment occupying every soundstage on Mickey Ave/Pixar Place (Oaken's, TSM, Jack Sparrow, One Man's Dream), a cool preview in the sound studio, a parade (a short one, but still a parade), fireworks and two Fantasmic's NIGHTLY, and the DJ/Live band dance party (whether you like it or not). Money is being spent here folks and the only part of these events that cost money is the ice skating rink, that's it. I think the event is great and applaud them on the funds being spent.

ABQ

Money is being spent here folks and the only part of these events that cost money is the ice skating rink, that's it. I think the event is great and applaud them on the funds being spent.
Fireworks aren't free. But I get your point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom