Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Travel Junkie

I just watched the videos on youtube of the event and the offerings and thought "that all looks really nice."...then came on here and see everyone destroying it, as usual. I think everything looks fine for something that is going to be there for a few months and is the quality I would expect from Disney.

Amazing some people can't accept the fact that Disney is a business and is going to do what they have to do to make money. Universal would do the same thing if they had such a popular movie, hence why they are building clones of Harry Potter Land (minus Dragons) in Japan and California right now...and how they are milking potter for every cent they can by making people buy a park hopper to see the whole thing.

Extreme amount of over reaction here, if you don't like then here's an idea: don't go and let the hundreds of thousands of people that enjoy it, enjoy it.
Does anyone remember the Donald's Birthday event back in the 80s? You know, back before Disney was ruined, and the quality was great etc etc...this event is way better than that and that lasted for months also. It's sad that some people fixate their lives on scrutinizing everything Disney does and trying to justify to themselves that it's bad.

Please point out where anyone on this thread that is saying Disney is not allowed to run a business and make money. The criticism stems from the quality in executing the idea. I simply expect a higher quality product from a premium brand like Disney. As a fan of Disney for a long time I have watched endless material about them taking pride and focusing on quality. I have come to expect that and when they do not meet those standards I will surely point that out. To suggest that people who disagree with you should shut up and let the rest enjoy it on a message board designed to promote discussion, is ridiculous. A few anonymous alternative points of view should in no way influence your enjoyment of the event.

The idea is a good one, really a no brainer. Disney usually has seasonal promotions. The execution in my view is below my expectation of Disney quality and to me is an example of a larger problem at WDW. The recent history of WDW is to take the easy way out, to do the least amount possible. That is not the legacy of the Disney company.

71jason

I'm about 12 pages behind, so this may have already been brought up, talked about or not at all.

The ice show that happenes in between half hours on the ice after the zamboni goes over the ice... where did they get those performers from?

I'm just curious as this seems to be a good way to promote Disney on Ice and the Frozen version of Disney on Ice begins in September of this year in Orlando... So i'm just wondering are performers who are going to be in that show? It would be an easy stage to help them practice certain routines for the show, see how audiences respond.

Again, just a thought. Could all just be a coincidence though.

Don't know for certain, but the traveling Disney shows (like Disney on Ice) are based out of Lakeland. So it's possible. Then again, plenty of wannabe Orlando actors grew up in the northeast or Chicago.

BrianV

Do we have any confirmation that this was "10 days in the planning" as has been cited here many times? I'm just curious if Disney officials anywhere have made that claim. Maybe it is somewhere in the 51 pages of writing here... ;)

ABQ

Watched video of the fireworks and was pretty pleased with what they pulled off. Had a question for @marni1971 though regarding the sourcing though. As you appear to have some insights into this. Is the fireworks display expected to change throughout the scheduled running of this event due to limited access to products?

RayTheFirefly

Me too. I also thought the sing-along was the best part! It was so funny... the CMs made the show!

Did you agree that the Olaf part was bad? For me, it was cringeworthy. It was very awkward and badly edited, IMO. But I loved the show and I loved when it snowed when Elsa's part began! They must have had the best of the best for the cast members they chose. They were great.

Biff215

There really shouldn't be a problem with the sing-along waits. You get a ticket for a designated show, then you have an arrival window. They have something like 7 shows a day, and I would expect demand to decrease significantly over the next week or so.

Thanks, Steve, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Those lines set up on the SoA scared me. Our first stop at DHS is an evening, so I'm not sure how many shows or tickets will be left then. If we can catch it then without a long wait, we can then cancel the package for a few days later, as I know the viewing locations and desserts aren't going to be worth $150 to us.

I'm interested to hear how this goes the next two weeks before we leave.

EpcoTim

It's very fitting actually. A giant turd right in the middle of a toilet of a park. When Its all over they can have a Flushen party.

rob0519

Please point out where anyone on this thread that is saying Disney is not allowed to run a business and make money. The criticism stems from the quality in executing the idea. I simply expect a higher quality product from a premium brand like Disney. As a fan of Disney for a long time I have watched endless material about them taking pride and focusing on quality. I have come to expect that and when they do not meet those standards I will surely point that out. To suggest that people who disagree with you should shut up and let the rest enjoy it on a message board designed to promote discussion, is ridiculous. A few anonymous alternative points of view should in no way influence your enjoyment of the event.

The idea is a good one, really a no brainer. Disney usually has seasonal promotions. The execution in my view is below my expectation of Disney quality and to me is an example of a larger problem at WDW. The recent history of WDW is to take the easy way out, to do the least amount possible. That is not the legacy of the Disney company.

Perhaps the lowering of quality standards is not s problem at all, but a calculated strategy, to over time, lower the customers expectations of quality at Disney. The kind of quality you, I and many others here remember may be costly to maintain overall and still provide the size of profit that Wall St. And Sr. Management demand. Additionally, the price to the consumer for that kind of quality might drive people away, thus actually lowering income at the parks and resorts.

First time visitors to WDW may still see it as the greatest resort on earth. They have no idea how much better it was in the past. TEN years from now today's quality may be the new standard on which Disney wishes to be judged.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Do we have any confirmation that this was "10 days in the planning" as has been cited here many times? I'm just curious if Disney officials anywhere have made that claim. Maybe it is somewhere in the 51 pages of writing here... ;)

Both myself and @Bungalow4 have cited the same emails. Yes, we have confirmation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom