Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

mm52200

Ahhh, gotcha....I was looking at it all corporate style.
Yes I meant free to the guests. They could have just spent money on the fireworks and called it a day but I'm also impressed they went to the effort to stage the show along with it, that also featured LIVE trumpeteers and several Equity performers.

JeffAnd

I've read a number of pages of this thread so I apologize if I missed it. Any idea how the fireworks at 9:45 is effecting the 9:00 Fantasmic showing? I wouldn't be surprised to find the amphitheater empty with people trying to get a keep a good viewing spot on Hollywood Blvd.

joan237

I am new here so forgive my ignorance but is this whole frozen thing going to be finished in September like it says or do you think it will continue. I am going in March and my grand daughter loves everything frozen.

asianway

I am new here so forgive my ignorance but is this whole frozen thing going to be finished in September like it says or do you think it will continue. I am going in March and my grand daughter loves everything frozen.
The stage has to get moved to MK for night of joy so a gap is likely or at least a change in itinerary

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, IaSW between Italy and the American pavilion. Theme is to a Pinnochio backstory with entrance in Italy. Mount Fuji virtual coaster for Japan. Ratatouille 4D experience similar to Philharmagic but better in France. BB log flume for Canada. Frozen for Norway. 360 Mulan feature during the day with seemless LED screen for China. Not sure what would be good for the Germany pavilion. Perhaps bring back the original river ride concept themed to a Disney classic.
I said no more wrecking World Showcase. You just nuked it.

Biff215

I've read a number of pages of this thread so I apologize if I missed it. Any idea how the fireworks at 9:45 is effecting the 9:00 Fantasmic showing? I wouldn't be surprised to find the amphitheater empty with people trying to get a keep a good viewing spot on Hollywood Blvd.
Great question, I'm also interested in hearing whether it's having an effect, especially since I have a Fantasmic package. I was actually hoping to get out of the 9:00 showing quickly and possibly still catch the fireworks. Is this possible?

seascape

Let me preface this by saying I cannot nor intend to speak in place of anyone who is above my pay grade at Disney. Those decisions are out of my hand and by the time this thing was green lit the ship was sailing and we had to get on board.

What I witnessed over the past 14 days backstage is nothing short of insane. The hours put in by those who assemble these events: from technicians, to decorators, to ice rink manufacturers, to dancers, to singers, to pyro techs, to carpenters, drivers, electricians...it's nuts. Managers worked crazy hours, hotel rooms were used for sleep, a tour bus was rented to people could rest, this project had one directive: it must be ready by July 5th.

My department started working 12 hr shifts 10 days ago. we all agreed to it, we did what had to be done. Management in my area was beyond supportive of everyone, and by July 2nd it was clear this was a draining process, yet we would meet the deadline all while they were trying to prepare for the 4th of July. I worked the morning of the 5th knowing full well the stuff that went on between 1am-7am would be nothing short of maddening. Over the span of 48 hours from 7/3-7/5 the DHS Fireworks team worked round the clock. Again, I can't speak for the higher ups in this regard..even the Pyro Crew Chiefs have Designers, Planners, and upper management to answer to. I'm talking about the guys who do the actual labor. The loaders, the shooters, the spotters, the semi trailer drivers. Those guys, and countless other technicians worked they tails off trying to get this thing going...and in the middle of it all they had to test, load, and shoot their biggest show of the season. I saw eyes that were exhausted, legs that were tired, and hours that were long (12-18 hour shifts) in order to make this happen. To all of them I say Thank You

To that end I appreciate all the feedback here. It is the reason I told my family that if they want to come to DHS for the Frozen Summer Fun to wait a week or two for the kinks to be worked out. I also know what lies ahead in August when we have to take this all out of the park on the night of tAugust 22nd, load in Villains for the 23rd, then take it all out and put Frozen back in on the 24th for at least another week.

Listen, I signed up for this. No one forced me to do it. But I've worked with a lot of people here behind the scenes from an entertainment/stage tech/special FX standpoint who gave tirelessly of themselves to make this happen from soup to nuts in a short amount of time.
I will probably not be able to see all the work you did because it may be gone by 9/20/14 but I really appreciate everything you do. I know the CM's are the ones that make my vacation great. Those in the front and those behind the scenes. I will always be appreciative and can't thank you enough.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Let me preface this by saying I cannot nor intend to speak in place of anyone who is above my pay grade at Disney. Those decisions are out of my hand and by the time this thing was green lit the ship was sailing and we had to get on board.

What I witnessed over the past 14 days backstage is nothing short of insane. The hours put in by those who assemble these events: from technicians, to decorators, to ice rink manufacturers, to dancers, to singers, to pyro techs, to carpenters, drivers, electricians...it's nuts. Managers worked crazy hours, hotel rooms were used for sleep, a tour bus was rented to people could rest, this project had one directive: it must be ready by July 5th.

My department started working 12 hr shifts 10 days ago. we all agreed to it, we did what had to be done. Management in my area was beyond supportive of everyone, and by July 2nd it was clear this was a draining process, yet we would meet the deadline all while they were trying to prepare for the 4th of July. I worked the morning of the 5th knowing full well the stuff that went on between 1am-7am would be nothing short of maddening. Over the span of 48 hours from 7/3-7/5 the DHS Fireworks team worked round the clock. Again, I can't speak for the higher ups in this regard..even the Pyro Crew Chiefs have Designers, Planners, and upper management to answer to. I'm talking about the guys who do the actual labor. The loaders, the shooters, the spotters, the semi trailer drivers. Those guys, and countless other technicians worked they tails off trying to get this thing going...and in the middle of it all they had to test, load, and shoot their biggest show of the season. I saw eyes that were exhausted, legs that were tired, and hours that were long (12-18 hour shifts) in order to make this happen. To all of them I say Thank You

To that end I appreciate all the feedback here. It is the reason I told my family that if they want to come to DHS for the Frozen Summer Fun to wait a week or two for the kinks to be worked out. I also know what lies ahead in August when we have to take this all out of the park on the night of tAugust 22nd, load in Villains for the 23rd, then take it all out and put Frozen back in on the 24th for at least another week.

Listen, I signed up for this. No one forced me to do it. But I've worked with a lot of people here behind the scenes from an entertainment/stage tech/special FX standpoint who gave tirelessly of themselves to make this happen from soup to nuts in a short amount of time.
Although I won't be down in time to see it (unless it gets extended...please, extend it), thank you for the hard work. Obviously, more advanced planning should have occurred so that you didn't have to work such hours to get it all in place. However, based on the reports I've heard, this certainly seems to show that Disney can still put together a highly entertaining festival, even in a short time frame. Hopefully the success (I presume it'll be a success) will encourage similar creativity, but perhaps with less crazy hours facilitated by deciding to do it more than two weeks ahead of time.

AllydoesDisney

I was wondering how exactly they were going to have the Villains event and the Frozen event in the same park. Disney is going totally crazy. The Villains event has been going on for a while right? It should be a priority. It's double booking itself.

Magenta Panther

I appreciate the frantic work it took to put the Frozen event together. But when I tried to watch a video of it, I could only make it halfway through. The whole thing looked lame. Especially the Olaf appearance. That was, quite frankly, crappy. The whole thing looked like, and of course is, a cash grab. TDO needs to grow a pair and plan something more permanent for Frozen. Something inventive and ambitious. Something that will remind people that the Disney parks used to be the premiere parks where wonderful things happened. This Frozen event...well, it's a thing, but it's hardly what I'd call wonderful. It's nice though that people who attended it had a good time. But that was probably due to love of the film rather than to the quality of the event itself.

RayTheFirefly

I appreciate the frantic work it took to put the Frozen event together. But when I tried to watch a video of it, I could only make it halfway through. The whole thing looked lame. Especially the Olaf appearance. That was, quite frankly, crappy. The whole thing looked like, and of course is, a cash grab. TDO needs to grow a pair and plan something more permanent for Frozen. Something inventive and ambitious. Something that will remind people that the Disney parks used to be the premiere parks where wonderful things happened. This Frozen event...well, it's a thing, but it's hardly what I'd call wonderful. It's nice though that people who attended it had a good time. But that was probably due to love of the film rather than to the quality of the event itself.
I agree, when it started, I cringed. But the fireworks themselves were great, and the snow was a really nice touch. I enjoyed the show. The Olaf part is horrendous though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom