Frontierland makeover

gonnichi

DHS Makeover? :(

It would not surprise me if they did cut the DHS expansion. I get so excitied to hear about rumored projects to then be disappointed in the final outcome. They have already cut Avatar down, Space Mt redo was cut too right? I see FLE as like icing on a cake (it looks amazing) but there is no great cake (no great substance)under all of the icing to make it great. It just looks pretty. So I am really hoping they do not cut much from DHS expansion so I wont be disappointed in that as well. As for the Frontierland addition I wont get to excited til we hear more, or i will just set myself up for more disappointment.

Skyway

Oww...this would be bad news if it came to pass! Hands off of the RoA and TSI!

That was my knee-jerk reaction, too.

But when you look at RandySavage's homemade map (post #50) it makes perfect sense.

The extremely low capacity/low interest Riverboat is hogging up an extremely large piece of real estate. Unlike at DL, which also has the Columbia (never built at WDW in lieu of a 2nd riverboat that was dropped and broken during a rehab) and the canoes (which really aren't suited to FL's heat and daily summer downpours), there really isn't any river "traffic" at WDW. The riverboat can be seen once every 30 minutes during the day, and rarely at night. And that's when it's not in one of its frequent rehabs.

Likewise, TSI has such a limited capacity with the need for rafts and sunset closings. That makes it unique and special and something I'd miss, but it makes sense why Disney would want to use this land for something more people could enjoy throughout the day, while easing up another crowd bottleneck around the river. Plus there's no reason some of the better components of TSI can't remain or be improved.

Another point: unless they do a Lone Ranger theme, there is nothing that could tie this new attraction to an existing film or character property, one of the biggest complaints of recent WDI projects.

RandySavage

This is beautiful to me. =)
Let me ask, is this completely out of you're imagination or is there any truth to specific portions of it? I really like the borderlands piece and how it flanks FL. Very interesting. Thanks
Thanks. No actual 'truth' to it. Just my imagining how one could bridge the Rivers and make new ride space available in the NW.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That was my knee-jerk reaction, too.

But when you look at RandySavage's homemade map (post #50) it makes perfect sense.

The extremely low capacity/low interest Riverboat is hogging up an extremely large piece of real estate. Unlike at DL, which also has the Columbia (never built at WDW in lieu of a 2nd riverboat that was dropped and broken during a rehab) and the canoes (which really aren't suited to FL's heat and daily summer downpours), there really isn't any river "traffic" at WDW. The riverboat can be seen once every 30 minutes during the day, and rarely at night. And that's when it's not in one of its frequent rehabs.

Likewise, TSI has such a limited capacity with the need for rafts and sunset closings. That makes it unique and special and something I'd miss, but it makes sense why Disney would want to use this land for something more people could enjoy throughout the day, while easing up another crowd bottleneck around the river. Plus there's no reason some of the better components of TSI can't remain or be improved.

Another point: unless they do a Lone Ranger theme, there is nothing that could tie this new attraction to an existing film or character property, one of the biggest complaints of recent WDI projects.

This very well could be a capacity expansion similar to FLE. Like you said TSI has limited capacity so if they build a new high capacity ride in its place they may be able to cram a few thousand more of us in MK during peak days. If they turn the river boat into a stationary restaurant then they add another table service restaurant to MK which they will also need as they increase capacity. Maybe the restrooms will have a Lone Ranger theme. Then it ties into a current film too.;)

Taylor

Would be cool if it could be a E-ticket based off of cowboys and Indians but it won't happen. Seriously TDO grow some (what the Brits on here say) bollocks and do a ride like this

doctornick

I could see the possibility of leaving the lower part of TSI basically as is as sort of a walk around/exploring area but using the upper park (with the fort) as part of the land for a new ride.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is a bridge connecting the two islands right now, right? If they fill in part of the river and make it connected to the land, they could still leave the lower part as still an "island" just connected via bridges. That would make it easier to access but would allow it to be used more by guests. This would overall increase the capacity of the park as well.

Also... they could bringe back the swan boats around the Hub at MK or the Discover River boats in DAK if they wanted to have a replacement "liesurely boat ride" in WDW (I know they were not the same type of experience, but it's something).

Lee

Adventurer
Lets hope if this is greenlit it doesn't take 5+ years to bulid. We might see it by 2020 and at that point my kids will want to have nothing to do with the magic kingdom.
IF such a project were to proceed from where it is now...you'd be looking at at least 36-48 months to complete.

SirLink

It would not surprise me if they did cut the DHS expansion. I get so excitied to hear about rumored projects to then be disappointed in the final outcome. They have already cut Avatar down, Space Mt redo was cut too right? I see FLE as like icing on a cake (it looks amazing) but there is no great cake (no great substance)under all of the icing to make it great. It just looks pretty. So I am really hoping they do not cut much from DHS expansion so I wont be disappointed in that as well. As for the Frontierland addition I wont get to excited til we hear more, or i will just set myself up for more disappointment.

Nope they won't cut it but areas value engineered down to less impressive stuff. I want competition and I'm still not getting an from the House of Mouse yet.

Kuhio

I can't imagine why WDI hasn't already conceived of a lavish, elaborately-themed E-ticket for Frontierland based on the timeless Disney classic, Home on the Range, and its stable of unforgettable animated characters.

SirLink

I can't imagine why WDI hasn't already conceived of a lavish, elaborately-themed E-ticket for Frontierland based on the timeless Disney classic, Home on the Range, and its stable of unforgettable animated characters.

No more 'Toons for AdventureLand, FrontierLand and TomorrowLand. :mad:

wdwfan4ver

If the DHS Expansion is cut, I'm guessing that it would the Monster Inc. Coaster would be the thing to be cut from the expansion. The DHS expansion to my understanding for sure is Carland, and Monster Inc. Coaster. I am saying Monster Inc. coaster because that attraction got cut in the past.

doctornick

If the DHS Expansion is cut, I'm guessing that it would the Monster Inc. Coaster would be the thing to be cut from the expansion. The DHS expansion to my understanding for sure is Carland, and Monster Inc. Coaster. I am saying Monster Inc. coaster because that attraction got cut in the past.

Or they could cut something from Cars Land. Say, only have two attractions instead of three (assuming that the starting point is three attractions).

devoy1701

they should definitely go with this.

devoy1701

will they just build the dang MI coaster already! I'm tired of this on-again-off-again relationship with this attraction! Isn't this the 3rd time it's been greenlit in the past 5 years?

bubbles1812

Unfortunately, I think I have to be extremely skeptical with this news. It just seems to go so against the pattern of TDO or heck, even Burbank to approve all these things at the same time. If they really do all get greenlit (Carsland, Avatar, this project, ect), I will not expect to see most of them for years. When it takes them 4 years to complete one D ticket coaster, I can't imagine how long it'd take them to build an E ticket ride, much less full lands. But again, just would color me very surprised if this supposed addition to Frontierland actually comes to fruition. Just doesn't seem consisten with the current management.

yoyoflamingo

Unfortunately, I think I have to be extremely skeptical with this news. It just seems to go so against the pattern of TDO or heck, even Burbank to approve all these things at the same time. If they really do all get greenlit (Carsland, Avatar, this project, ect), I will not expect to see most of them for years. When it takes them 4 years to complete one D ticket coaster, I can't imagine how long it'd take them to build an E ticket ride, much less full lands. But again, just would color me very surprised if this supposed addition to Frontierland actually comes to fruition. Just doesn't seem consisten with the current management.

Maybe they are finally realizing Universal isn't letting up. While it does seem too good to be true (and most likely will be) hopefully it's not going to be much longer before TDO wakes up, actually goes to the parks, and says, "Where is everybody?"

bubbles1812

Maybe they are finally realizing Universal isn't letting up. While it does seem too good to be true (and most likely will be) hopefully it's not going to be much longer before TDO wakes up, actually goes to the parks, and says, "Where is everybody?"

One can only hope. I think they might be waking up to the possibility that Universal is capable of hurting their bottom line. But, I don't think they are quite there yet. The upper management at Disney have egos the size of Everest, and I think they have see a little more taken out of their attendance % before they'll really wise up. I think that will probably come with the opening of HP 2.0. Will be very interesting to see what happens in 2014/2015. Even with that, Disney builds so slowly and Universal is building so fast, it'll take quite awhile for Disney to catch up in terms of adding new attractions...of course they could build faster...but they just won't.

NoChesterHester

With the current franchise obsessed culture at the WDC this would shock me unless it was tied in with the Lone Ranger. If that movie takes off it may be our best chance to see updates to Frontierland. If it bombs...

SirLink

Honestly if the DHS Extreme Theme Park Makeover Pt II is just 2 rides added, its not enough, and in some ways it shows the lack of vision from top to bottom in TWDC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom