Trip Report From Droids to Toys… Texting The Boy and Can We Just Blame It On Captain Hook? Our September 2019 Disney Journey (Including Another Ross’ Return!)

Once again, another amazing trip is complete and I have to say… it’s been really hard returning to reality this time. But such is life…

You guys should know us by now…

IMG_5254.JPG

Me – Mary/Mom

IMG_5255.JPG

Ross/Dad /Grumpy – as stated on his MagicBand

IMG_5256.JPG

Julia/Sissy/ Teenager in Love

IMG_0991.JPG

Hope/My Droid Hating Princess whose Autism always lends to some entertaining drama.

IMG_5257.JPG

If you are new to my TR’s or if you need the background of our trip feel free to read my pre-trip…

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/may-the-force-be-with-us.956441/#post-8780844

Disclaimer: As I am typing up this trip report, my mind is already dreaming of our next adventure. Will I finish this TR before it gets here? Only time will tell.

All caught up? Allrighty then! Let’s go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We started to walk over to pirates and tried to decide what our last bits of the night should include. While on line for Pirates, I saw that I missed a message from @blreinsel - She spotted us at the fireworks show but couldn’t get to us! I was so sad that we missed meeting up!

Hope still wanted to see Moana which Julia had no interest in. So I released her to ride Space Mountain as Hope and I ventured to Moana’s line.

4B2B6A8F-DE3B-4181-9FF2-97E44319F893.jpeg
063B9BAC-CFC2-4B58-A209-6B5E1361A338.jpeg

5E6A2F5B-929C-4AC2-8DCA-758FB5016380.jpeg
5EE7CB94-4AED-4F1F-BFB1-1C3A467AB61A.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
After, Hope and I traded in our final tokens. When we exited the shop, we were caught in the parade crowd, so we decided to stay and watch the rest of it.

Julia texted me and said she was going to watch the Hocus Pocus show and Hope still wanted to see the 7 Dwarfs. So we raced to their line to see if they were still there. They were and I think we were the last family of the night!

We met up with Julia and I spoke to Ross on the phone for a bit. And just like that, the night came to a close.

9B497A7E-EC49-47A6-876A-8E3DBF5E8D04.jpeg
473B122C-9416-4F2B-8737-5F12147E24E1.jpeg

It was a crazy bus ride back home. We were on a double bus right in the middle between the two busses. We ended up standing in the spiny thing and every time the bus turned, we spun around with it. Mental note – don’t stand there in the future!

Back at the hotel, we unpacked our candy. Before we passed out, I hung our candy bags on my luggage travel scale and it turns out we somehow gathered 11 pounds of candy!!! (not including what Julia and I consumed.)

We were beat! It was a great night!

A6363F13-B5A5-4F7F-A02C-CFB3F95808A6.jpeg
35697032-FA21-4F47-98F1-B78A41D5F733.jpeg
19796D76-43D5-4CE6-872C-0FC1ED3922C0.jpeg
00B719A2-A61C-48A3-8D8D-DB46A6F1FC43.jpeg

Up Next: Hello and Goodbye to Blizzard Beach

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I’d eat Disney popcorn over candy too! Good choice on treats Hope.
Awww, that is a very good thing, actually. IT will serve Hope well in the future!

Funny story... A few weeks ago we were visiting my brother down the shore and we all walked into a small chocolate shop where they make the chocolate. As we walked in, the incredible aroma of chocolate was everywhere - and what does my Hope do? She exclaims (loudly), " Ewwww YUCK - IT STINKS IN HERE!"

Now she can be surrounded by the smell of cauliflower and be just peachy - but chocolate - she gags!!! :arghh:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK! I am glad everything is okay on your end!

Good Job, Hope!

Don't think I've ever been at the food court this late but I'm glad to know I can still get my breaky! For a price! :bored: :jawdrop:

So glad the drawing classes worked out for her again this year! Did she get to speak to any of the artists?

Again, HOPE SAVES THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! How nice of your mom to treat you to the party!

Thanks so much - it's good to be back!! Julia did talk to a few of the artists. She is so shy sometimes, it's hard for her to open a conversation sometimes, but she did open up to a few. My mom spoils us a lot. My girls are the only 2 grandkids so she says she has the grandma spoiling privilege. lol

Songbird76

Thursday September 5th - Continued... (Finally)

Once we landed, we used the restrooms and headed for Magical Express.

View attachment 459883View attachment 459884View attachment 459885View attachment 459886View attachment 459887

Have to say, Hope definitely managed well with helping out with the luggage.

View attachment 459888View attachment 459889View attachment 459890

And when we reached ME – she was super excited to use her Small World Magic Band to start our adventure. The CM was sweet and gave her an activity book and some cards to go with it.

View attachment 459891View attachment 459892

We got on line and waited for only a few minutes before we were sent to a bus.
I thought I was all late, but it looks like I'm right on time! YAY!!!! I'm in!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
This was EXACTLY what I needed right now :inlove: Thanks for the updates! Makes me kind of excited and optimistic for this coming fall.
Thanks so much!! I am so looking forward to fall. Definitely keeping optimistic. We are going to need this trip!

SEE?! I told you people were waiting to hear about the trip!! I'm glad you're back!!

p.s. I love bread. thanks for supplying the world!
How could I even doubt you? Thanks for not losing faith in me!

I thought I was all late, but it looks like I'm right on time! YAY!!!! I'm in!
Haha - with my trip reports - I'm the one who is usually late! Welcome aboard - I'm working on day 3 now and hoping to get posted tonight.

And here I thought I might have scared you off!

I'm with you on the buying breakfast without the meal plan thing... we did that on our first night at Movies this last trip and I about died!
I'm team meal plan all the way!

Never! Thanks for the encouragement! Hope all is well with you guys.

Songbird76

I have a question for you. I know Julia does the drawing workshops at Art of Animation, but how does that work? Do you have to sign up for specific times? I was thinking it was free and you don't necessarily have to be staying there, right? My daughter is getting really into drawing and would love to do some of those workshops next time we go. (who knows when that will be?) How long are those workshops? Is there an age limit?

Here's my daughter's (she'll be 14 next week) latest, drawn with an apple pencil on an ipad.

Zonder titel22 (1).jpgZonder titel22.jpg

DouglasE

Enjoyed reading about your adventures in Walt Disney World. 11 pounds of candy!?! I'm with Hope. I'm not a big candy eater. Now if it were baked goods, that would be another matter. In fact, during this pandemic I've been binge watching "The Great British Bake-Off". It's so contagious I've started to do some baking. Glad to see they were able not to give you grief about buying anything yet. I hope that you are doing well during these trying times. What does the school situation look like for the children?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom