Frightening Spectro Rumor...

Disneyson 1

Original Poster
Various Disneyland Paris forums (rumors) are saying that SpectroMagic will indeed be going to DLP while we stick with MSEP.

When Fantillusion made a similar jump (from TDL to DLP), it's cast was severely cut down and many of it's floats were removed. Even if I liked MSEP more than Spectro, I would still say that Spectro doesn't deserve the fate that it may be given when it goes to Paris...

Bork Bork

Hope the rumors are false. I am glad I got to see MSEP last June to say I saw it, but I really yearned for Spectro. The MSEP music just grates on me.

Mukta

I love Spectromagic and would be very sad not to see it in the MK anymore. I like the MSEP, but Spectromagic is part of the MK experience for me.

4disneyfans

I really hoped that Spectro would come back to WDW. Our family absolutely loves it! While it was a nice throwback to see MSEP, there is just something special about Spectro. My daughter and I always say that the music makes us want to put on a ball gown and waltz the night away.

disneydevil1

Spectromagic is a joke, the music is boring and the parade is a wannabe MSEP. I am glad that it is gone so are most castmembers. MSEP is the best

neverenoughWDW

Spectro or MSEP

We do enjoy Spectro, but we liked MSEP better. The music does get stuck in your head, but come on...the Spectro music eventually drove us insane.

Tigger1988

Not frightening news to me, never liked Spectro and skipped it nearly every trip in recent years. Glad to see MSEP back.

tirian

They're simply two very different parades.

I'm also sad to think about what DLP might do to it (if it actually goes there). DLP is not known for its maintenance. :(

MickeyMind

No spectro's music is timeless, msep's music is dated and annoying, its like blasting "it's a small world" through the park speakers for half an hour, or however long the parades take, bring back spectro.. The music and the soft changing lights are the perfect compliment to wishes.. why mess with a good thing?

msep came here for a summer promotion, summer is going to be officially over this weekend...bring spectro back asap, thank you

disneydevil1

No spectro's music is timeless, msep's music is dated and annoying, its like blasting "it's a small world" through the park speakers for half an hour, or however long the parades take, bring back spectro.. The music and the soft changing lights are the perfect compliment to wishes.. why mess with a good thing?

msep came here for a summer promotion, summer is going to be officially over this weekend...bring spectro back asap, thank you

You are joking right? MSEP music is timeless thus the reason why it has not been changed and why games like Final Fantasy 7 stole it. Spectro's music is not timeless, it is soft and boring. Ask the castmembers they almost all agree with me. I am happy that MSEP will be here for the next two years.

disneydevil1

I'm going to chime in and agree that MSEP's music is annoying and lame. I kind of hate it. Love the floats and everything but I am not at all a fan of the music at all.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think otherwise but i respect your opinion, but you have to admit that the music is classic.

Thrill Seeker

Here's a novel idea... how about a NEW parade? I'm not the biggest fan of parades all around, but it would be nice for us to get a brand new parade instead of a hand me down...

donaldfan

This is definetely a matter of taste. There isn't a right answer . . .

I love Spectro, but also really enjoy MSEP. Looking forward to seeing MSEP in October for something different, but after that, I hope to see Spectro come back. I prefer the music AND the floats -- especially the finale "On this magic night . . ."

Agree with a previous poster, that the music from Spectro fits better to Wishes too.

JustInTime

I have always seen Spectro and loved it. I have never seen MSEP but from what I have seen of it I am not too impressed. We will see how I like it when I see it in person on November 13th. :xmas:

Bork Bork

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think otherwise but i respect your opinion, but you have to admit that the music is classic.

It is indeed a matter of opinion, and I do admit the Baroque Hoedown is classic. However, the "farting synthesizer" instrumentation is what grates on me. It sounds cheap and very "non-Disney" IMO.

I also like Spectro for the story. The SpectroMen rock!

But Tirian is right (as usual), they are two very different parades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom