Free dining

JimboJones123

A few notes that may support no Free Dining -- at least any time soon.

1 No leaked web site tests. In years past, about 1-2 weeks before, there were leaked screen captures of test ads that went up on disneyworld.com and were taken back down very quickly. As a marketer, many times, moves like this are no accident. They are intentional leaks to promote "buzz". None this year.

2 No travel agents are leaking any sourced rumors like in years past.

3 No leaked print ads. These show up in newspapers and dozens of magazines and usually have to be in at about a week before the current editions have to run for magazines. Nothing yet (many times these are intentional leaks as well).

4 This always did feel like the promotion Iger was specifically revering to when talking about cutting discounts. Somebody musta figured out how expensive this discount is for Disney.

5 I just did not want to leave it at four. A fifth entry makes it look like I have more to say, which I clearly don't. So. I. Am. Done.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

4 This always did feel like the promotion Iger was specifically revering to when talking about cutting discounts. Somebody musta figured out how expensive this discount is for Disney.

5 I just did not want to leave it at four. A fifth entry makes it look like I have more to say, which I clearly don't. So. I. Am. Done.

4.) Iger did say this year would have less discounts - but as of yet, it certainly isn't looking that way. While the quality of all the discounts can be debated, the quantity is remarkable. We'll have to see if the market is there for them without a free dining (or some other) discount for the late summer/early fall.

5.) :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

m3k3chandler

I'd have to disagree with that! ;) Our trusty travel agent gave us some buzz... I'd expect to hear more on free dining soon.

can you tell us more about the so called buzz? please. thanks,

Upvote 0

partyoffour

I'd have to disagree with that! ;) Our trusty travel agent gave us some buzz... I'd expect to hear more on free dining soon.

can you tell us more about the so called buzz? please. thanks,

Yes please tell us the buzz your travel agent told u. I am on pins and needles waiting for the announcement. would like to breath ............LOL I am confused by Disneys lack of being on schedule ~!! I am always on schedule !!!! LOL

Upvote 0

Dwarful

4.) Iger did say this year would have less discounts - but as of yet, it certainly isn't looking that way. While the quality of all the discounts can be debated, the quantity is remarkable. We'll have to see if the market is there for them without a free dining (or some other) discount for the late summer/early fall.

5.) :ROFLOL:

I agree with the sheer number of discounts. On Friday we received a mailer for free dining. Current mailer shows price offers for 4/11 to 6/3 and a slightly higher price for 6/4 to 8/14. This is the third pin code mailer we have received in the past two months..all three via USPS and none via internet. At the bottom of the mailer is a bold print 'ask for special rates for Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts". It is for Quick Service Dining Plan free.

I find it kind of funny. We just returned from a one week stay at Pop 3/27 to 4/3. We already booked our summer trip for a week in July at Yacht Club. I did call and we got a better deal using the AP rates at the YC.

While we were at WDW this spring we received lots of 'deals' which I posted about on another thread. But in a nutshell those deals included buy one get one free entrees, free money on gift cards, 20% off total purchases at the major gift shops at each park and the resorts. So, the deals are not fewer, they just might not be as good.

Upvote 0

NIU EE

Did you have a PIN code, or did they offer you the free quick service at the time of booking?

No codes or anything. They said we got the 2 meals, 2 snacks, and a drink free and could upgrade for a price (don't remember the upgrade cost per person). We just stuck with the free quick service and it showed up on our confirmation just like it was described. We were planning on going anyway and were not planning on free dining.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anyone know how the deal compares 30% off a value resort with dining compared to value resort with free Quick service upgraded to basic dining plan for 7 nights??
It will depend on your party size and the age of an kids going. The cash value of the QS plan is $30 a day for guests 10 and older and $9 a day for kids 9 and under. Two adults in a value will typically put you over a room discount during regular or value season and a third person in the room 10 or older will almost always beat any other deal. The water tends to get muddier and the resort category goes to moderate and deluxe.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Anyone know how the deal compares 30% off a value resort with dining compared to value resort with free Quick service upgraded to basic dining plan for 7 nights??

well exact costs will vary according to your party and the length of stay...but here is the info on the pin code mailer we received:

dates 4/11-6/3 at the values 4night/5day resort, park passes (NOT HOPPERS) and free QS dining $499 per adult

dates 6/4 - 8/14 same 4night/5 day deal as above but the price bumps up to $530 per adult. The card doesn't list child prices. So I am not sure what those would be. You could call and see if you have a pin attached to your name. That has happened to us before.

I should note the mailer didn't give info for anything other than the 4 night / 5 day stay.

Upvote 0

lisweaver

Who did u book through to get this offer ?

No codes or anything. They said we got the 2 meals, 2 snacks, and a drink free and could upgrade for a price (don't remember the upgrade cost per person). We just stuck with the free quick service and it showed up on our confirmation just like it was described. We were planning on going anyway and were not planning on free dining.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom