Free dining

cemeb4dk

No offense but if they offer free dining for the fall, I hope they announce it after next Monday, because I can make my ADR's this weekend, so I may still have a chance to get what I want. We are DVC members and not eligible for any of these promos. SO I hope you all get it just after Monday.:):)

Upvote 0

Lucky

No offense but if they offer free dining for the fall, I hope they announce it after next Monday, because I can make my ADR's this weekend, so I may still have a chance to get what I want. We are DVC members and not eligible for any of these promos. SO I hope you all get it just after Monday.:):)

I don't think you'll have any problem getting everything you want.

Upvote 0
All the debating about the specific free dining promotion aside, is it strange/notable that the promotions would completely end--as in no more would be offered--on August 15?
Way back I remember the announcement from some head honcho that the company needs to scale its promotions, but after a summer of deals does it make sense that August 15 would really be the end date?

Upvote 0

Lucky

all the debating about the specific free dining promotion aside, is it strange/notable that the promotions would completely end--as in no more would be offered--on august 15?

Yes

way back i remember the announcement from some head honcho that the company needs to scale its promotions, but after a summer of deals does it make sense that august 15 would really be the end date?

no.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

All the debating about the specific free dining promotion aside, is it strange/notable that the promotions would completely end--as in no more would be offered--on August 15?
Way back I remember the announcement from some head honcho that the company needs to scale its promotions, but after a summer of deals does it make sense that August 15 would really be the end date?

Making sense hasn't always been a priority. Seriously though, I am still getting post card pin codes in the mail and we have already been on one week long trip over Easter (we did snag a last minute deal on that trip) and we already have an 8 day trip paid in full for July at the Yacht Club. You would think those two things might make them realize no matter how many more pin codes you send me I won't be making another trip before late fall or winter. But good luck to those waiting for a gp offer.

Upvote 0

fosse76

They aren't going to NOT have a promotion during their slowest times of the years. That announcement was to appease board members and stockholders. When it was announced I figured it would merely be the elimination of the buy four, get three days free promo. The QS dining plan may be more of a response to complaints about reservations/space during that time than anything else (they have to refuse people who are paying to accomodate those getting it for free). Also, someone else mentioned it in an earlier thread, and I brought it up in another thread recently, that perhaps free dining is being scaled because so many people are pre-booking expecting it that Disney doesn't think they need to offer it.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

They aren't going to NOT have a promotion during their slowest times of the years. That announcement was to appease board members and stockholders. When it was announced I figured it would merely be the elimination of the buy four, get three days free promo.

Agreed.

Iger said less discounts this year, and I've said it before (and I'm sure I'll say it again :lol:) we can all debate about the quality of the discounts offered so far this year, but there is no doubt there has been a large quantity of discounts. The fact they rolled out a second discount (albeit with less savings) for the summer season shows they haven't filled their rooms to a point they are happy with.

There is a current PIN code offer out now for free Quick Service Dining for dates through 8/14, and the offer requires booking by 4/30/2010. Based on what rumors are out there (including over at touringplans.com), I doubt we'll see any annoucement about fall discounts til around that point in time. That's just an educated guess based on all of the available information, so take it for what it's worth.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Kids dine and stay free through OCT 2. Guess this is our answer. Sad for those without kids though.

That's not the Free Dining offer that everyone has been anticipating. In fact, that one's been out for a while now, and it's specifically at Disney Visa offer. There is a similar offer for "regular" guests, but it doesn't include any sort of free dining.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Kids dine and stay free through OCT 2. Guess this is our answer. Sad for those without kids though.

I wondered if this was going to be the new promo for the gp. I got an email about this from Disney Visa a few days ago. Not much of a deal if you don't have kids in the 3-9 age group.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I wondered if this was going to be the new promo for the gp. I got an email about this from Disney Visa a few days ago. Not much of a deal if you don't have kids in the 3-9 age group.

The Disney Visa offer is pretty good - IF you have kids 3-9 - because they get free tickets AND food.

With the general public version, kids 3-9 only get the free tickets. The "stay free" part is misleading because kids already stay in the room free with adults.

The strong "rumor" - which I've had unofficially validated by two separate, legitimate sources - is that some sort of Free Dining will happen, and it will most likely mimic the PIN Code offers that some guests have been getting. Free QS for Value and Moderate, and free Basic for Deluxe & Villa - with the option of upgrading for a cost.

This seems the most likely, otherwise if they offer a step better, they'll have every one of those PIN people calling BACK in to change their reservations, and Disney doesn't like to encourage phone time or reducing booked vacation prices.

Upvote 0

Korfar

The latest rumor (and thats all it is I know) I have seen while searching the internet is that free dining will be offered to Visa holders 4/29 and public on 5/2. This is for the Mid August through September time period. Anyone else hear this or have any other rumors?

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

The latest rumor (and thats all it is I know) I have seen while searching the internet is that free dining will be offered to Visa holders 4/29 and public on 5/2. This is for the Mid August through September time period. Anyone else hear this or have any other rumors?

I hope that you are right because without the free dining I don't think we will taking our normal 10 day trip this year.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Yup, heard something similar. Heard that it might only be QS, but if its totally free dining again that would be great. We'll just have to wait and see.:D

Upvote 0

partyoffour

Does not seem likely at all that free dining will be offered. Mousesavers just put the discounts up for the fall .
Kids stay and play free ( ages 3-9) general public , from most stays thru oct 2 must book by 8/14 .
then disney visa holders get kids get quick service free ( ages 3-9) from most stays thru Oct 2. must book by 6/30

Oh well still save 300 cause I had to upgrade. But I guess all good things must come to an end. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Does not seem likely at all that free dining will be offered. Mousesavers just put the discounts up for the fall .
Kids stay and play free ( ages 3-9) general public , from most stays thru oct 2 must book by 8/14 .
then disney visa holders get kids get quick service free ( ages 3-9) from most stays thru Oct 2. must book by 6/30

Oh well still save 300 cause I had to upgrade. But I guess all good things must come to an end. :shrug:

They often have overlapping offers. And the Disney Visa offer usually doesn't have any affect on whether they have a similar or complete opposite General Public offer.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I heard travel dates of August 15 - October 2.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return

I think you meant that the offer would be published on 4/19, but it would only be valid for 8/14-10/2, for now. It definitely won't be available during the summer months. They already have enough paying guests and don't need to offer that kind of incentive en mass.

Upvote 0

partyoffour

They often have overlapping offers. And the Disney Visa offer usually doesn't have any affect on whether they have a similar or complete opposite General Public offer.

Im sorry but i do not think they are going to offer something better than this for Disney Visa card holders. It just makes no sense for them to do eat and play for kids free and then change it to the eat for free the whole family. I mean everyone would call and change. I would ! This looks like it would be it now after 6/30 maybe something better but i am not sure if it can get any better. They really seem to want people to come during this Harry Potter hoop La that is going on. Whatever I took the deal not happy about but not complaining either I saved money. No one really can complain about saving.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom